Forums:
Business & Money

Gotta Have Money to Make Money?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Five_Tailed_Fox On June 16, 2012

Cottontown, Tennessee
#1New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 01:51:38
I was just thinking about how, in order to save money, you typically have to spend more money at a certain time. For example, buying in bulk can save you quite a bit of money, but you have to be able to pay for the 50-pack of toilet paper to take advantage of the savings. That sort of thing.

This leads to another thought - in order to make a lot of money, you usually have to have a good bit of money already. Let's say you have a great idea for a business or invention, one that's sure to do well. You can't do anything with just the idea. You have to have the money to start the business or produce the invention. But what if you don't have the money?

Right now, if someone told me that they would give me ten million dollars if I could get them $5,000 by the end of the day, I couldn't do it. There is just no way I'd be able to get that much money in that short a time. That's what the business world feels like, or at least that's what it looks like to me. And not just business, all sorts of things. To save or earn the most money, I need more money than I have. Does that seem wrong to anybody else?

What do you think? Does a person have to already have money to do well in this world, or is it possible for everybody to do well financially even if they start out without a penny?
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#2New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 02:02:36
very simple but not easy at all. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Millionaire_Next_Door
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#3New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 02:05:22
@Five_Tailed_Fox Said

I was just thinking about how, in order to save money, you typically have to spend more money at a certain time. For example, buying in bulk can save you quite a bit of money, but you have to be able to pay for the 50-pack of toilet paper to take advantage of the savings. That sort of thing.

This leads to another thought - in order to make a lot of money, you usually have to have a good bit of money already. Let's say you have a great idea for a business or invention, one that's sure to do well. You can't do anything with just the idea. You have to have the money to start the business or produce the invention. But what if you don't have the money?

Right now, if someone told me that they would give me ten million dollars if I could get them $5,000 by the end of the day, I couldn't do it. There is just no way I'd be able to get that much money in that short a time. That's what the business world feels like, or at least that's what it looks like to me. And not just business, all sorts of things. To save or earn the most money, I need more money than I have. Does that seem wrong to anybody else?

What do you think? Does a person have to already have money to do well in this world, or is it possible for everybody to do well financially even if they start out without a penny?

Well, I can introduce you to a young lad who was layed off from a factory job. All he had was an old pickup. He went to a yard sale, bought a used $15 power mower and started mowing lawns. He trimmed with a pair of hand clippers. Word got out that he did good work cheap and soon he was working all day every day.
He put a home built blade on his truck and bought a used snow thrower and kept on working through the winter. The next summer he had two riding mowers and a high school student working for him.
He went to school for some computer courses at night and last week was hired at a major heavy equipment MFG. plant. Three years ago he was living at his folks house and mowing lawns. Now he has his own apartment, a new truck and is a computer whiz.
It ain't the money you start with. It's the drive you have when you start something.
chaski On about 23 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 02:17:51
Hmmmm not sure if I agree.

Before I started working I had no money. Working got me the money that I wanted (at least some of it).

Buying in bulk works with toilet paper, but not giant cans of tuna fish.

Of course, if you have a lot of money (and you are not a fool) you can make more money quicker than someone with no money... generally speaking.

On the other hand, some of our richest people started with very little... Facebook guy is an example.

Money helps... but so does hard work, good ideas and timing.
valgunner On May 10, 2012

Krasnodar, Russia
#5New Post! May 10, 2012 @ 06:00:26
Yes/ Absolutly right! There is russian proverb : '' money comes to money '' or ;; money stick money'' .
americasprice On November 22, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#6New Post! Jul 27, 2012 @ 06:12:06
We started with a used TV antenna.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs