bullying

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#16New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 06:54:17
@LuckyCharms Said

The best defense against bullying is to work with the bullied child to stand up for themselves. I was a bullied child and all of the adult interference against the bullies did nothing.

It wasn't until I learned to stand up for myself that the dynamic changed.

My father told me that bullies were cowards and that I should stand up to them. So I did. And now my front teeth are plastic. It is best to run away and if you can’t run groveling sometimes works.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#17New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 11:51:25
@Erimitus Said

My father told me that bullies were cowards and that I should stand up to them. So I did. And now my front teeth are plastic. It is best to run away and if you can’t run groveling sometimes works.

Well that sucks.

Thankfully the bullies I had didn't partake in physical violence.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#18New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 12:08:27
@cisslybee2012 Said

If it resulted in the bully leaving you alone, then you didn't lose.

You won. Because you fought back.

Sometimes when we bully someone it's not really victory we're looking for.

It's actually justice.

I wish bullying didn't exist right now. I don't think many people realize the many possible dangers that can come from bullying alone. From suicide to school massacres. It's terrible.
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#19New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 12:24:18
@cisslybee2012 Said

Well at least they suspended the trouble maker. That counts for something. Because when I was a kid, it was usually the victim who fought back who got suspended.

this happened to my son two days ago. he fought back and was suspended from school for three days?? only home for one. just when i think its over, it starts again.
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#20New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 12:26:58
@Erimitus Said

i have to agree with this(run) as when my son fought back the bully knocked him to the ground and kicked him in the ribs and gut. My son is half the size of these s***s AND he was in karate. Sometimes even having the training to defend yourself doesn't work when the fear is already there.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#21New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 13:16:12
I got bullied in grade school once, because I was too clumsy at sports. I say once because I broke the lil' sob's nose.
Rhiv On March 09, 2013

, United States (general)
#22New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 14:35:02
Bullies are insecure about themselves, that is why they pick on other people.

Your neice needs to either play dirty right back and find out what the bully is so insecure about (Most of the time if you can figure out what that bully is so insecure about you can make comments right back at them attacking their insecurity and they will leave you alone)...OR she needs to take the higher path and act like it doesn't bother her. Usually if a bully doesn't get a reaction they stop.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#23New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 15:19:11
@hoppy Said

I got bullied in grade school once, because I was too clumsy at sports. I say once because I broke the lil' sob's nose.

You were one of the tough ones in Grade School I see.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#24New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 15:43:20
My son was bullied to extremes because first of all he was a very sensitive boy and he was brought up that two wrongs don't make a right.

One day he and I were talking about the extreme bullying and I asked him if he wanted me to talk to the principle, he outright said 'NO' because Mom if you talk to the principle I will get beat up worse than I already am. That tied my hands.

He proceeded to tell me that my advice about not fighting back was good in theory but I wasn't the one right there being beat up by many students and when it that situation at that exact time people react and how they react is how they react making all words of soundness go completely out the window. Finally when a gun was held to his head for his winter jacket he had had enough and started fighting back which in turn turned him into the bully.

No matter what is said or done when your child is getting bullied the child will say or do what they will do in the end because it's them are being bullied and have to handle it the way they handle it. It may not always be the way a parent wants them to react but it's their way.

He went from being bullied to being a bully and now doesn't fight at all being a man. He said he did what he thought he had to do to survive period right or wrong.
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#25New Post! May 25, 2012 @ 17:07:55
@Cpat92 Said

You were one of the tough ones in Grade School I see.

No, three jumped me for some damn mistake in a playground softball game. One got a broke nose. The other two knocked the snot outta me. All I got though was a fat lip. After that day, I only played playground games when I was made to and no one messed with me again.
When I was in high school, I was one of the three biggest boys and could outlift all of 'em. Good food and throwing bales of hay around builds one up.
MainerMikeBrown On April 19, 2021

Hiram, Maine
#26New Post! May 27, 2012 @ 17:59:02
There's a lot more awareness of what psychological effects bullying can have on a child.

But while that is good, it's unfortunate that the same kind of attention on bullying wasn't around when I was a kid.

But better late than never.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs