Technology & Internet

Contract phone

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#1New Post! May 02, 2012 @ 20:01:08
My apologies in advance beucase for some, this might be a really silly question but please bear with me an give me a shove in the right direction if possible. This is the first time that I have ever had a contract mobile, I always juut had pay as you go which is why I'm here!

So, after two years it is up for renewal this July but I am a little lost as to what to do. Most people just pop to the shop to speak to them about the deals on at the time- like Carphone Wearhouse or Phones 4u but mine was ordered directly from the T Mobile website.

Will they contact me to tell me what mobile they will give me next, or do I have to call them to see what I want? There is no T Mobile shop which is local to me or close enpugh to travel to, to speak to them about how it works. Will my number swap to my new phone along with my photos & messages or do I loose all of them?

Sorry for so many questions all at once, but I have asked a few of my friends who have contract phones and all have given me different answers!
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#2New Post! May 02, 2012 @ 21:04:51
When it was time for my upgrade, I just signed in to the website (I have Verizon) and my account had the upgrade option, so I just had choose my line from the plan, then pick out the new phone I wanted and have it sent. And there's no new number, only a new phone - all your account info is the same as before.

I think the T-Mobile website would work the same way, but maybe someone else who has that can be a little more specific.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#3New Post! May 02, 2012 @ 21:43:12
@eternus_somnium Said

When it was time for my upgrade, I just signed in to the website (I have Verizon) and my account had the upgrade option, so I just had choose my line from the plan, then pick out the new phone I wanted and have it sent. And there's no new number, only a new phone - all your account info is the same as before.

I think the T-Mobile website would work the same way, but maybe someone else who has that can be a little more specific.

Thanks for the help. My T Mobile website so far seems a bit rubbish but it might just because its not quite time yet. So many people do it, so it cant be too hard (hopefully!) just wait to see how my company do it
eternus_somnium On April 14, 2021
clinically crackers

, United States (general)
#4New Post! May 02, 2012 @ 21:50:20
@Sparklegirl Said

Thanks for the help. My T Mobile website so far seems a bit rubbish but it might just because its not quite time yet. So many people do it, so it cant be too hard (hopefully!) just wait to see how my company do it

The only real advice I can give is to call customer service and see what they say, though I imagine you're right about it being harder to figure out since your upgrade isn't due just yet.
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#5New Post! May 02, 2012 @ 22:06:00
@eternus_somnium Said

The only real advice I can give is to call customer service and see what they say, though I imagine you're right about it being harder to figure out since your upgrade isn't due just yet.

Always best to get some advice before it is due otherwise I may forget- too busy to maybe remember the phone!
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! May 02, 2012 @ 22:47:34
New handset but you use your old sim card.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs