Jokes & Humor

Howard webb dropped by Manchester United for title decider

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
DiamondGeezer On April 27, 2012

Banned

Fawlty Towers, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 26, 2012 @ 13:40:10
Old Trafford's favourite referee, Howard Webb, has sensationally been dropped by Alex Ferguson ahead of Monday's Premiership title decider against Manchester City. Instead, Andre Marriner will start the match.

It was believed that Stretford End favourite Webb would line up for the league leaders but it is now known that Ferguson has gambled on Marriner to start the match,

Marriner, who has made only three starts for Manchester United this season is a surprise selection given Webb's ability to make highly contentious decisions in Manchester United's favour in big games.

Webbo in fine form for United earlier this season

Uploaded at ImageFra.me

'Webby has put in some great performances for us in the past' beamed Ferguson, 'But I feel that the fans level of expectation could be too much on this occasion. I may put him on the bench as an impact referee in case we need a late penalty, or five or six minutes adding on at the end of the game, so we can score a late goal if we need one.'

The news of Marriner's inclusion has upset some United fans, given the level of criticism of his performance in the 2 - 0 defeat by Liverpool in 2009.

'It doesn't make any sense not to include Webbo' said lifelong Manchester United fan Ronnie Docherty, who has lived in Staines, Middlesex all his life and whose only association with Manchester is that he once voted for Bez in Celebrity Big Brother.

'In games like this you want your best performers on the pitch, and Webbsio pulling the strings is as good as a two goal head start.' I trust Sir Alex though, to have seen something in Marriner in training to justify selecting him. He usually knows what he's doing.'

'If City have still got eleven players on the pitch by half time, I'll be expecting him to bring Webbo on for the second half.'

Sir Alex appears pleased with Marriner during training

Uploaded at ImageFra.me
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs