The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Politics:
Racism

White Teen Set on Fire by Black Teens vs. Trayvon Martin. Which One is a Hate Cri

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...22 23 24
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#346New Post! Apr 23, 2012 @ 21:31:26
@white_swan53 Said

Yeah , your right. Being of German/ Irish decent in a part of the country where it's about 75 % Spanish and Native Americans with a few families of mix Spanish/ black people , I have never heard anything about different skin color or the like. I am not complaining , I am explaineing. I can't talk the languages very well , but i do understand enough of both to know what the conversation is about . well with the Spanish language you have to be in on the beginning of the conversation or ask . Other wise you'll not have a clue. I have parties with, worked , went to with and fought with ( when we were all young and stupid) but racism never was a part of ant of our deal. I guess that's the difference between city people and ranch people.

People are people all over the world.

eople are people
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#347New Post! Apr 23, 2012 @ 21:33:51
@Spinkiegirl Said

So again, you don't mind if someone MISJUDGES you based on wearing "blue jeans, riding boots, a pocket shirt with long sleeve work shirt?" Not something you'd find a women wearing in the city of Chicago on any given work day mind you. You think if you walk down a busy street in mid-day Chicago traffic on a work day, with those types of cloths that people should JUDGE you based on what you are wearing? Because that's not what women in Chicago. I personally wouldn't judge you, it's not place.

I did, I wore my good town clothes which is basically the same as my work clothes only newer and no stains while i was in Boston , Mass. Miami Florida, Portland , Ore.
Vancouver, Wash. and in different parts of Cali. If I was misjudged no one ever told me about it .
I just figure the city people either thought i was Ellie Mae clampett's cousin or some such . Either way it didn't matter two s***s to me simply because none of them were paying my bills or feeding my kids nor would i ever even see any of them after that visit. I'll bet I was more freaked out by some of them then any of them were about me . There are some strange damn people in those cities .

Chicago, Illinois
#348New Post! Apr 23, 2012 @ 21:37:37
@white_swan53 Said

I did, I wore my good town clothes which is basically the same as my work clothes only newer and no stains while i was in Boston , Mass. Miami Florida, Portland , Ore.
Vancouver, Wash. and in different parts of Cali. If I was misjudged no one ever told me about it .
I just figure the city people either thought i was Ellie Mae clampett's cousin or some such . Either way it didn't matter two s***s to me simply because none of them were paying my bills or feeding my kids nor would i ever even see any of them after that visit. I'll bet I was more freaked out by some of them then any of them were about me . There are some strange damn people in those cities .

Yes there are....you got that right! I would love it if you came here to visit me, really I mean it! Remember you invited me to sit on your back pouch and have steak and wine?
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#349New Post! Apr 23, 2012 @ 21:52:36
We as a species need to learn to stop evaluating everything in terms of race, when there's really no such thing because there's only one human family.
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#350New Post! Apr 23, 2012 @ 21:53:58
@white_swan53 Said

Your correct about kids being curious but from what was said in the blog they were playing together with no issues about the many differences.

I was not implying they would. I meant whether they care or not is dependent on something other than their curiosity.

n/a, New Mexico
#351New Post! Apr 23, 2012 @ 22:04:19
@Spinkiegirl Said

Yes there are....you got that right! I would love it if you came here to visit me, really I mean it! Remember you invited me to sit on your back pouch and have steak and wine?

I had my fill of going off to see whats on the other side of the mountain. just the thought of having to go 15 miles away to town can give me a bad case of the 'hermititise condition' I'll bet that your city is about as noisy and crowded as any of the others are. The only difference but same is the smells. A city like Boston or Daytona , ones on the sea coast smell a lot different then a land locked city does. but they all have some pretty strange characters living in them .
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#352New Post! Apr 23, 2012 @ 22:06:48
@white_swan53 Said

but they all have some pretty strange characters living in them .

Takes one to know one.

Chicago, Illinois
#353New Post! Apr 24, 2012 @ 00:11:26
@LuckyCharms Said

Takes one to know one.

Chicago, Illinois
#354New Post! Apr 24, 2012 @ 00:11:55
@cisslybee2012 Said

We as a species need to learn to stop evaluating everything in terms of race, when there's really no such thing because there's only one human family.

Now that's the best thing I heard all day!
cisslybee2012 On January 30, 2013

Deleted

Bronx, New York
#355New Post! Apr 24, 2012 @ 00:17:34
@Spinkiegirl Said

Now that's the best thing I heard all day!

Thank you.

Chicago, Illinois
#356New Post! Apr 24, 2012 @ 00:22:53
@cisslybee2012 Said

Thank you.

You're welcome!

n/a, New Mexico
#357New Post! May 01, 2012 @ 06:18:49
@LuckyCharms Said

Takes one to know one.

Nuh huh, I ain't a bit strange an I don't live anywhere near any city , but I know strange when I see it ....
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#358New Post! May 01, 2012 @ 10:01:34
@white_swan53 Said

There are some strange damn people in those cities .

@LuckyCharms Said

Takes one to know one.

I always love it when people call me 'strange'! I definitely dance and DRESS to a different drummer. white_swan I know how you feel about cities! Around here folks hear me complain about having to go to the city which has a population of @ 1,700 people. I hate it. The traffic and noise, oh yes, the NOISE drives me crazy.

n/a, New Mexico
#359New Post! May 01, 2012 @ 10:28:40
@Forumless Said

I always love it when people call me 'strange'! I definitely dance and DRESS to a different drummer. white_swan I know how you feel about cities! Around here folks hear me complain about having to go to the city which has a population of @ 1,700 people. I hate it. The traffic and noise, oh yes, the NOISE drives me crazy.

There are so many things in a town of any size that I couldn't deal with on a daily basis. The noise, smell, the heat coming off the pavement and cement , traffic , the people all rushing towards where ever they are rushing towards ,acting like if they aren't there first they are late .
I'm describing a town with a pop of 7,411 and is 45 miles from my place. The best part of a trip to that town for me is the 35 miles of mountain scenery with no houses.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...22 23 24

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs