Forums: Relationships:
Parenting

[Long Post, Sorry] Why do you think I want to have kids when I don't have a j

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Lattice On December 04, 2016

, United States (general)
#1New Post! Mar 25, 2012 @ 09:05:32
And when I had a career, I wasn't even thinking of having kids. Firstly, don't be afraid to post even if it's bad. Secondly, I've never felt so ready to have kids then now. Thirdly, I'll try and answer my own question to give you what I think may be the reason. Keyword may.

Reasons:

- I see alot more women and babies because I'm not stuck at one place 40 hours a week when I was working.

- I spend alot of time with my 3 year old dog taking care, training, cleaning up.

- I'm getting older.

- I have all this energy to give, and when I was working I didn't.

Now I have almost no confidence, personality, or life to show for. I have a hard time talking to people when I go out, I forgot how to live in the world like driving. I feel like I'm getting dumber everyday yet I never ever wanted a kid then right now. Thanks for reading this I appreciate it.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#2New Post! Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:53:08
@Lattice Said

And when I had a career, I wasn't even thinking of having kids. Firstly, don't be afraid to post even if it's bad. Secondly, I've never felt so ready to have kids then now. Thirdly, I'll try and answer my own question to give you what I think may be the reason. Keyword may.

Reasons:

- I see alot more women and babies because I'm not stuck at one place 40 hours a week when I was working.

- I spend alot of time with my 3 year old dog taking care, training, cleaning up.

- I'm getting older.

- I have all this energy to give, and when I was working I didn't.

Now I have almost no confidence, personality, or life to show for. I have a hard time talking to people when I go out, I forgot how to live in the world like driving. I feel like I'm getting dumber everyday yet I never ever wanted a kid then right now. Thanks for reading this I appreciate it.

You say you want to give, but all I hear is "I".

Kids are better off with two parents, ideally, a man and a woman--even if the child is homosexual. But 2 same sex parents are better than only one parent, particularly if the one doesn't have a job. Would you still want it if the state wasn't obligated to help provide for it, or if you couldn't count on charity.

You're only 25?????

Above all.....you say you "have no confidence, personality or life to show for ." That's a disaster waiting to happen for the parent and the kid. It's like a couple having a baby to keep the marriage together, so often leading to the worst situation of all, a single divorced parent.

My Rx:

FIRST---concentrate on getting a life! Start off by working on your appearance, even if you look good. You'll feel better about yourself if you feel better about yourself.

Find a new avatar, one with some depth, a lattice with something on it or behind it or under it or that's interesting, or something. (Nice name though.)

Then get an attitude check. Print this out and stick it on your wall somewhere and read it at least once a day:

"Who honors those we love for the very life we live.
Who sends monsters to kill us and at the same time sings that we'll never die.
Who teaches us what's real and how to laugh at lies.
Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend.
Who chains us and who holds the key that can set us free.
It's you. You have all the weapons you need.
Now fight!"

(You asked. Otherwise I'd have kept my mouth shut....or tried real hard. )
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#3New Post! Mar 25, 2012 @ 13:02:14
No, please don't have a child right now.
Get a wife and a job. Not in that order.
Lattice On December 04, 2016

, United States (general)
#4New Post! Mar 25, 2012 @ 17:48:42
@ThePainefulTruth and futilevoice

Thanks for the both post . You're right about the word I although honestly I meant as a couple. I'm single now, and didn't mean right away. I agree this is obsurd thinking and weird. In some weird way, maybe I'm destined to be a stay at home dad. I don't know. When I had a good job, I use to go out to bars, be able to talk to girls, date but was never serious with anyone on kids.

You both are right on appearance and jobs. I try my hardest to wake up like I have a job and keep up with apperance every morning instead of waking up late or playing around on the computer.

It's like I'm experiencing something different and being humbled by it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs