The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

transcript of Bush's State of the Union Address...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
bravo_zulu On December 07, 2006

New Sodom, Indiana
#16New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 19:12:15
The original WTC bombing happened while Clinton was in office.

The bombing of American embassys in Africa happened while Clinton was in office.

The bombing of the U.S.S. Cole happened while Clinton was in office.

The U.S. was offered UBL by the Sudanesse government, but Clinton did take the offer.

Operation Able Danger, which identified several of the 9/11 hijackers almost 2 years before the event, including ring leader Mohamad Atta, happened while Clinton was in office.

The intelligence wall, which the 9/11 commission cited as one of the precipitating causes of 9/11, was started by Carter and solidified while Clinton was in office.

North Korea developed its nuclear weapons with technology given them while Clinton was in office.

Al Qaida lost its base of operations in Afghanistan while Bush was in office.

Al Qaida has been fragmented and in large part neutralized, seeing over half of its commanders killed or captured, while Bush was in office.
Lybia gave up it's WMD programs, including a very active nuclear program, while Bush was in office.

Syria was driven out of Lebanon while Bush was in office.

In Iraq a major destabilizer of the Middle East was thrown from office. Since then there have been no less than 3 sucsessful election and a constitutional democracy has taken root.

Elections have taken place in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Palestine, all for the first time, while Bush was in office.

The U.S. and the major powers of Asia have put considerable pressure on North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons program while Bush was in office.

The U.S., the major powers of Europe, and the U.N. have put considerable pressure on Iran to give up its nuclear weapons program while Bush was in office.

New Sodom, Indiana
#17New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 19:18:07
@bravo_zulu Said

The bombing of American embassys in Africa happened while Clinton was in office.

The U.S. was offered UBL by the Sudanesse government, but Clinton did take the offer.

Operation Able Danger, which identified several of the 9/11 hijackers almost 2 years before the event, including ring leader Mohamad Atta, happened while Clinton was in office.

The intelligence wall, which the 9/11 commission cited as one of the precipitating causes of 9/11, was started by Carter and solidified while Clinton was in office.

North Korea developed its nuclear weapons with technology given them while Clinton was in office.

Al Qaida has been fragmented and in large part neutralized, seeing over half of its commanders killed or captured, while Bush was in office.

Lybia gave up it's WMD programs, including a very active nuclear program, while Bush was in office.

In Iraq a major destabilizer of the Middle East was thrown from office. Since then there have been no less than 3 sucsessful election and a constitutional democracy has taken root while Bush was in office.

Elections have taken place in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Palestine, some for the first time, while Bush was in office.

The U.S. and the major powers of Asia have put considerable pressure on North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons program while Bush was in office.

The U.S., the major powers of Europe, and the U.N. have put considerable pressure on Iran to give up its nuclear weapons program while Bush was in office.

Where those the kind of facts you wanted Reiko to cite?
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#18New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 19:49:06
@lili Said
https://msnbc.msn.com/id/11009379/
Scientific basis for why this discussion will go no where...

I'm guilty of that sometimes.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#19New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 19:54:07
@pissyjoey Said

And saying that YOU are a minority yet are not racist cannot really be used as evidence that racism does not exist in America. It would take a very lazy stroll through some literature for you to see to what extent racism exists in the U.S. I could leave you with plenty of sites to find out about race in America, but I guess you would discard them all as unreliable.

So then why am I not effected? If racism is as bad as you say it is then shouldn't I be denied a home, job and education since I'm not white?
pissyjoey On January 21, 2007

Midwest City, Oklahoma
#20New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 20:04:07
@bravo_zulu Said

In Iraq a major destabilizer of the Middle East was thrown from office. Since then there have been no less than 3 sucsessful election and a constitutional democracy has taken root.

Elections have taken place in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Palestine, all for the first time, while Bush was in office.

My god. I would have to type forever in order for us to come to an understanding and be on the same page... and I bet we would agree on a lot of things in the end.

Let me sum up what I really think... Democrats and Republicans are both responsible for the creation of much of the terrorism in the world. Both have been inept at combating terror against civilians, in fact they both enact policies that actually promote terrorism (which is why terrorism has increased since our war on terrorism began).

We could go point by point down your list and have a real discussion about these things... that would be interesting.... but so damned time consuming. My arguement to Reiko is that Republicans should not be thought of as the sole protector of America and the Democrats thought of as the lovers of terrorists. The evidence does not support that.

New Sodom, Indiana
#21New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 20:12:30
I can't say as I disagree with you Joe. I'm not terribly fond of either Republicans or Democrats, but probably for different reasons than you.

One thing I can understand is why the average American has more faith in the Republicans when it comes to terrorism, even if I would tend to disagree.

I don't think I agree with your assertion that we cause terrorism, but if we refined the point we may come to some sort of agreement.

Midwest City, Oklahoma
#22New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 21:31:17
@reiko Said
So then why am I not effected? If racism is as bad as you say it is then shouldn't I be denied a home, job and education since I'm not white?

Not at all. These things you cite do not disprove racism. Prior to the civil rights movement, many blacks had homes, jobs, and education... does this prove that racism didn't exist then? Likewise, the fact that you and other minorities have these things now does not prove that racism does not exist today. In fact, many free blacks had slaves of their own in the south... does this prove that racism didn't exist? During the apartheid in South Africa, many black Africans owned homes and had jobs... but did this mean that there was no racism in South Africa?

Our history is rought with racial issues... they still echo today. Certainly slavery has been abolished and we see fewer lynchings today, but does this mean that racism is gone too?
shaggyjebus On August 26, 2008

Deleted

Goodlettsville, Tennessee
#23New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 21:40:20
@reiko Said

You said once that your family will invite guys over to hook up with you. Once the guys get to your house and learn that you are deaf, they run away. You all said this before.

Isn't that racism?

As for other signs of racism, try coming down into the South. You're quick to dismiss racism here in the US, but I hear people complaining about "niggers" and "wetbacks" all the time. I've heard of violence against them. I've heard of people stealing from the Hispanics to keep them from "stealing" the white people's jobs.

Isn't that racism?

Deleted

#24New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 21:45:43
You can say that George Bush Jr. caused 9/11 and terrorism and all that. Then someone can retort and say that all the stuff happened while Clinton was in office. Then you can say to them that Bush's father, Bush Sr., was in office before Clinton and that he screwed things up in the Middle East before Clinton ever came into office . . .

You know where it gets you? No f***ing where. So why not just talk about the present, what is going on?

Or we could blame it all on George Washington, the first President. I mean, if we're going to keep going to the Presidents before the current one, why not just go back as far as we can and save a good bit of time?

Deleted

#25New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 21:46:44
@pissyjoey Said
Not at all. These things you cite do not disprove racism. Prior to the civil rights movement, many blacks had homes, jobs, and education... does this prove that racism didn't exist then? Likewise, the fact that you and other minorities have these things now does not prove that racism does not exist today. In fact, many free blacks had slaves of their own in the south... does this prove that racism didn't exist? During the apartheid in South Africa, many black Africans owned homes and had jobs... but did this mean that there was no racism in South Africa?

Our history is rought with racial issues... they still echo today. Certainly slavery has been abolished and we see fewer lynchings today, but does this mean that racism is gone too?

That's exactly right, joey. Very well said.
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#26New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 21:56:18
Do the American people ever stop to think WHY so many peoples throughout the world seem to have a hatred for their country? Could it have anything to do with America being the bully. Telling other to "Do as I say, not do as I do."

It's Ok for the USA to have atomic weapons. Hell they are the only country to hav euysed the dam things, twice. But it's cool for Uncle Sam to tell the small nations of the world not to develope atomic weapons. Could that possibly be because then those small countries couldn't be as easily threaten by the "Superpower".

Fight against Terrorism?

Picture the scene. A family living in a darkened house because their countries electricity supply has been destroyed by "smart weapons". During the night their front door is kicked in by a sreaming hoard of men armed to the teeth, painted with war paint and wearing strange foreign clothes, shouting and screaming in a language you don't understand. The father jumps up to sheild his wife and children and six marines blast him to kingdom come.

Are those children terrorised?

Capt Nod*** on NBC News was quoted as saying "In our visits to local families in Bagdad no resistance was encountered, they were no causilties and some colateral damage suffered by the local population.

Deleted

#27New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 22:10:12
@bendover Said
Do the American people ever stop to think WHY so many peoples throughout the world seem to have a hatred for their country? Could it have anything to do with America being the bully. Telling other to "Do as I say, not do as I do."

It's Ok for the USA to have atomic weapons. Hell they are the only country to hav euysed the dam things, twice. But it's cool for Uncle Sam to tell the small nations of the world not to develope atomic weapons. Could that possibly be because then those small countries couldn't be as easily threaten by the "Superpower".

Fight against Terrorism?

Picture the scene. A family living in a darkened house because their countries electricity supply has been destroyed by "smart weapons". During the night their front door is kicked in by a sreaming hoard of men armed to the teeth, painted with war paint and wearing strange foreign clothes, shouting and screaming in a language you don't understand. The father jumps up to sheild his wife and children and six marines blast him to kingdom come.

Capt Nod*** on NBC News was quoted as saying "In our visits to local families in Bagdad no resistance was encountered, they were no causilties and some colateral damage suffered by the local population.

Being a smart America sucks sometimes. A big fish in a very small pond.

Midwest City, Oklahoma
#28New Post! Feb 06, 2006 @ 22:35:22
@bendover Said
Fight against Terrorism?

Right. But what we do isn't terrorism because our soldiers wear uniforms and are openly supported by the state...

Our political leaders can openly support torture even though we went to Iraq to end Saddam's torturous regime. Someday we will take off the blinders. I hope.
reiko On March 27, 2006

Deleted

New York, New York
#29New Post! Feb 11, 2006 @ 06:42:55
@pissyjoey Said

So prove to me today that racism is prevalent. How is it keeping people from jobs? From education?
I didn't get into the school I want. Is it racism? Should I sue?

Deleted

#30New Post! Feb 13, 2006 @ 04:54:56
@reiko Said
So prove to me today that racism is prevalent. How is it keeping people from jobs? From education?
I didn't get into the school I want. Is it racism? Should I sue?

Racism exists because some people cannot get certain jobs because of their race. Simple as that! Just because it hasn't happened to you, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Don't be so narrow-minded.

In some areas, the black population is kept down because the education system sucks a** and no one there expects the blacks to excel. Thus, the black children are taught to not bother because they will never do well (just like if you constantly tell a child that he will not be good in math; eventually, he will stop trying). Racism is in play there - and it affects people. Simple as that!

If racism isn't here and doesn't exist, then why do so many people get judged so quickly and are hurt so much by racists?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs