"The Hunger Games" opens tonight

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#1New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:50:49
Uh oh, just heard on the news that, twelve hours out, lines are already forming for the midnight showing of The Hunger Games. Now I'm worried that this may be another "Twilight", but I'm still going to go (tomorrow!), even though I may be sacrificing myself on the alter of the ultimate art in my own personal Cinéma vérité.

I who may be about to die (virtually, I hope, at most), salute you.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#2New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 21:01:09
The Hunger Games is not Twilight.

Twilight is a load of ridiculous trash. The Hunger Games pales in comparison to other series like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc, but there's some meat on them bones. The Hunger Games is actually worth reading.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#3New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 21:13:21
@jonnythan Said

The Hunger Games is not Twilight.

Twilight is a load of ridiculous trash. The Hunger Games pales in comparison to other series like Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, etc, but there's some meat on them bones. The Hunger Games is actually worth reading.

That's what I thought, and still desperately hope, otherwise I wouldn't lighten the auditorium my presence, which I have not with Twilight. But this worries me.

We will see.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#4New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 21:22:42
@ThePainefulTruth Said

That's what I thought, and still desperately hope, otherwise I wouldn't lighten the auditorium my presence, which I have not with Twilight. But this worries me.

We will see.

@ "lighten the auditorium with my presence."

I think you'd get kicked out for lighting up the theatre. It'd be distracting to movie goers. Just be your regular dim self when you go.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#5New Post! Mar 23, 2012 @ 04:19:20
@psycoskunk Said

@ "lighten the auditorium with my presence."

I think you'd get kicked out for lighting up the theatre. It'd be distracting to movie goers. Just be your regular dim self when you go.

This comes directly under the category of "pearls before swine", which are famous for their lack of a sense of humor--but in this case you SHOULD take it literally instead of figuratively.... ....ask somebody to look those up for ya, I'm busy.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#6New Post! Mar 23, 2012 @ 06:31:04
I want to go see the movie. I refuse to watch it until I finish the book though.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#7New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 17:00:23
@ThePainefulTruth Said

This comes directly under the category of "pearls before swine", which are famous for their lack of a sense of humor--but in this case you SHOULD take it literally instead of figuratively.... ....ask somebody to look those up for ya, I'm busy.

It'd be more like "pearls before skunks" in my case. And even so, pigs can be trained to hunt for truffles, which when sold to the right buyer, are more expensive than pearls. So pigs don't need pearls, they have truffles.

And besides, I thought you were "leaving forever" or something. Whatever happened to that?
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#8New Post! Mar 26, 2012 @ 20:46:49
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Uh oh, just heard on the news that, twelve hours out, lines are already forming for the midnight showing of The Hunger Games. Now I'm worried that this may be another "Twilight", but I'm still going to go (tomorrow!), even though I may be sacrificing myself on the alter of the ultimate art in my own personal Cinéma vérité.

I who may be about to die (virtually, I hope, at most), salute you.

I felt that way until I read a summary of the books on Wiki (wish I hadn't done that though...I kinda want to read the books). It looks quite compelling.
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#9New Post! Mar 27, 2012 @ 08:19:15
@psycoskunk Said

And besides, I thought you were "leaving forever" or something. Whatever happened to that?

You must be thinking of somebody else. Just look at all the liberals I put in virtual hospitals.

@someone_else Said

I felt that way until I read a summary of the books on Wiki (wish I hadn't done that though...I kinda want to read the books). It looks quite compelling.

Re: my review of the movie.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs