Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#16New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 03:48:32
@Leon Said

What's more, Brees is unsigned, so this suspension could complicate things.

Scratch what I said. This year they might be f***ED
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#17New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 03:52:52
@Cpat92 Said

Scratch what I said. This year they might be f***ED

Well the ball's entirely in Drew Brees' court. The Saints have zero leverage on him now. He could ask for a record setting contract or walk away, and would have good reason to do either.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#18New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 03:56:48
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#19New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 03:59:58

Seriously, this reminds me of the "death penalty" the NCAA imposed on SMU in the late 80's. While maybe not quite as bad, it's the closest the NFL has ever come on overturning a team like that. Even the penalties on New England for the videotaping wasn't nearly this bad.

, Ohio
#20New Post! Mar 22, 2012 @ 04:10:24

and this man made it famous a grad of SMU
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#21New Post! May 02, 2012 @ 23:41:08
Suspensions were finally handed down to 4 players. One, pro-bowl linebacker Jonnathan Vilma was for an entire season, without pay.

Good, it really was terrible what was going on.

, Ohio
#22New Post! May 02, 2012 @ 23:56:14
@Leon Said

Suspensions were finally handed down to 4 players. One, pro-bowl linebacker Jonnathan Vilma was for an entire season, without pay.

Good, it really was terrible what was going on.

do yo really think this will help or just drive bonuses more underground on hits.It is tuff when contract are written that say if you make the highlight reel you get a bonus. The only way a defensive player makes the reel is by making a great hit.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#23New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 00:11:32
@restoreone Said

do yo really think this will help or just drive bonuses more underground on hits.It is tuff when contract are written that say if you make the highlight reel you get a bonus. The only way a defensive player makes the reel is by making a great hit.

I think it will help. It may not eradicate it completely, but at least it won't be as blatant anymore and players will be highly aware of it due to the supsensions as well as the education from it.

, Ohio
#24New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 01:57:56
@Leon Said

I think it will help. It may not eradicate it completely, but at least it won't be as blatant anymore and players will be highly aware of it due to the supsensions as well as the education from it.

Sorry Leon
I have to disagree here is my school.

Do you see the leafs on the helmets that is for great hits.Many teams do this both college and pro give a reward in one way or another. People want to see big hits. The NFL and big time college ball will give them that they need the money.

Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#25New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 03:35:12
@restoreone Said

Sorry Leon

Do you see the leafs on the helmets that is for great hits.Many teams do this both college and pro give a reward in one way or another. People want to see big hits. The NFL and big time college ball will give them that they need the money.

There is no doubt that this thing is a result of what is carried over from college. But I think that the NFL is making a point of educating everyone, as there will undoubtedly be several inservices for the players on this in camps and such. It will help, in my opinion, but, again, it will not result in a complete eradication, as it will certainly still go on underground, or at least in a more unspoken manner.

You won't ever hear stuff like that audio tape again though, where it was blatantly encouraged. That was pretty horrific, the way they openly encouraged serious injury to fellow NFL players. I provided it below in case you never got a chance to hear it. The inservices will be sure to address that and go overboard on putting the spotlight on the immorality of that.

someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#26New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 15:27:48
@restoreone Said

Sorry Leon

Big hits is one thing, intentional injury is another.

, Ohio
#27New Post! May 03, 2012 @ 22:38:47
Tony You play to win or retire is there a real different in the two.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs