The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Santorum doesn't care about the economic crisis.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
chaski On about 19 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#1New Post! Mar 20, 2012 @ 16:35:39
"I don't care what the unemployment rate is going to be. It doesn't matter to me. My campaign doesn't hinge on unemployment rates and growth rates," Santorum said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/20/us-usa-campaign-santorum-jobless-idUSBRE82J0NB20120320
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#2New Post! Mar 20, 2012 @ 16:47:29
I heard that on the news this morning. Only I heard this part:

"As far as my political campaign ... of course I care about the unemployment rate. I want the unemployment rate to go down, but I'm saying my candidacy doesn't hinge on whether the unemployment rate goes up and down. My candidacy is about something that transcends that; it's about freedom...."

So...what is he really saying? Is he saying anything at all?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Mar 20, 2012 @ 16:49:42
He was trying to express that his campaign is about much bigger things than one economic metric.

He failed miserably.
chaski On about 19 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Mar 20, 2012 @ 16:51:40
@someone_else Said

I heard that on the news this morning. Only I heard this part:

"As far as my political campaign ... of course I care about the unemployment rate. I want the unemployment rate to go down, but I'm saying my candidacy doesn't hinge on whether the unemployment rate goes up and down. My candidacy is about something that transcends that; it's about freedom...."

So...what is he really saying? Is he saying anything at all?

I think the part you quoted came later as an "explanation" of his earlier statement.

I'm not sure what he really means... the american culture is sinful...?
Not a dude.

Deleted

#5New Post! Mar 20, 2012 @ 16:56:13
@chaski Said

I think the part you quoted came later as an "explanation" of his earlier statement.

I'm not sure what he really means... the american culture is sinful...?

Yes, that was what the news report was about - the "explanation." The problem is, I didn't see it as an explanation.

What little I understand is that he doesn't feel it is the part of the president to deal with economics, but then he mentions freedom...and doesn't say how the two are opposed.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#6New Post! Mar 20, 2012 @ 17:06:57
@chaski Said

"I don't care what the unemployment rate is going to be. It doesn't matter to me. My campaign doesn't hinge on unemployment rates and growth rates," Santorum said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/20/us-usa-campaign-santorum-jobless-idUSBRE82J0NB20120320

These republicans are looking better and better everyday!
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#7New Post! Mar 20, 2012 @ 21:05:00
Well, you know, when you stamp out birth control the economy sorta takes care of itself!
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#8New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 02:08:17
He also thinks that health insurance should only cover accidents. He thinks that people are going to spend extra money from tax credits on paying for their own normal health expenses. How does he think ht's going to police how people spend their own money?

"Now I know it's your birthday honey, but you have to spend this extra money on that mammogram you're about due for."
Scapegrace

#9New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 02:08:49
@thequietman Said

He also thinks that health insurance should only cover accidents. He thinks that people are going to spend extra money from tax credits on paying for their own normal health expenses. How does he think he's going to police how people spend their own money?

"Now I know it's your birthday honey, but you have to spend this extra money on that mammogram you're about due for."
Not a dude.

Deleted

#10New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 13:30:11
@thequietman Said

He also thinks that health insurance should only cover accidents. He thinks that people are going to spend extra money from tax credits on paying for their own normal health expenses.

Does that mean he's going to magically make everything cheaper so you can actually afford to pay for that crap out of pocket?

Where do they find all these completely insane candidates?
Scapegrace

#11New Post! Mar 21, 2012 @ 22:46:46
@someone_else Said

Does that mean he's going to magically make everything cheaper so you can actually afford to pay for that crap out of pocket?

Where do they find all these completely insane candidates?

He is going to make cancer treatments and surgery cheaper because he is going to perform it himself.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs