Random

Sub-conscience

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Mar 15, 2012 @ 06:35:31
Do you ever say things that may have come from your sub-conscience? Anything you felt that just came out in an disagreement or in a regular or deep conversation?

It has for me. One time when I was attending that school in Atlanta, I was at the gym with my friends and close to the end of our workout my crush came in and tried to play "motivator." Eventually she called us minions and I got a little offended. Then she tried to call us the minions from the movie Despicable Me, which pissed me off a bit more.

We ended up arguing and I called her a b****. She kind of got upset and I didn't flinch. She said I liked you and I said I liked you too. My friends watched and chuckled the entire time. I eventually apologized and my friends didn't agree with me doing that. My friend Akil believed that to be my subconscious that led me into calling her a b**** because she acted like one.
Codrus On June 01, 2012

t***sville, Florida
#2New Post! Mar 15, 2012 @ 07:59:25
I doubt it was your subconscious mind calling her a b****, it was your conscious mind taking in/interpreting events mixed with your admitted emotional state that lead to the words that came from your mouth. Your work out combined with the presence of your peers contributed more to the situational decline then you or your friends may realize.
Electric_Banana On about 13 hours ago

, New Zealand
#3New Post! Mar 15, 2012 @ 08:07:09
I'm no scientist but if you didn't mean it in a playful way it came from the oppositional (which I've always understood as sub-conscience) part of the mind we access for defense.

It's there for a reason and accessing it sometimes is necessary.

The problem that the Christians are going on about is when it is accessed excessively causing people to default in it most of the time resulting in....well most of what you see around you.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#4New Post! Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:59:17
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO often, it isn't what we say, it's how we let our emotions say it, overdoing it and causing hurt--which then becomes the issue. A painful Truth is pain enough all by itself without adding a slap in the face.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#5New Post! Mar 15, 2012 @ 15:01:56
All I know is, that was the first time I called a girl a b**** to her face. It bothered her a little, but she got over it quickly.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Mar 15, 2012 @ 17:54:51
I wouldn't call it your subconscience. I'd call it your 'here and now!'

She insulted you, so you insulted her right back. And I say good on ya for it!

I think it was she though, who owed you the apology. For you to have apologised said it was you admitting to doing the wrong.

She needs to learn that when you throw stones you are possibly going to have them thrown back at you.

I think you did her a disservice to that lesson by apologizing.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#7New Post! Mar 15, 2012 @ 18:07:19
OP - I understand - is it the subconscious that comes out when a person says or does something that is totally unlike them --- especially if it is/can be mean, rude or hurtful! ****It's not even about whether it's warranted or not. It's about a person 'surprised' at acting totally out of character (for them). ****I think it is more a case of a different level of assertiveness coming out - in a verbal fashion ---- brought on by the fact that we are bombarded by it anyways on a daily basis - from others and the media as well.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Mar 15, 2012 @ 18:14:00
What the OP is describing isn't really to do with the subconscious, more to do with being in the heat of an argument (not really the same thing).

Subconscious things would be like saying something and substituting one of the words with another one by accident (Freudian slip) or doing something without realising it. But yeah that happens to us all at some point.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#9New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 06:13:20
I just never expected to call her a b****. I guess it all was in the heat of the moment. This wasn't the recent girl I liked though. I wish I can do what I did to the last one to her. She is too confusing though.
ReAdSaLoT On September 23, 2019

#10New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 07:08:20
What you did could be called normal human behavior. When we're angry our guard tends to go up in self protection, but down in controlling our mouths. With age my control has improved, but it's nothing to worry about. Now when I want to say something mean I bite my tongue and say it in my mind.
Hopefully, maturity helps control you subconscious mind.
Have I said things I wish I hadn't? Of Course.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#11New Post! Mar 16, 2012 @ 07:20:00
Well it is said that I have matured since I left that school in 2010. Sadly, I take almost as much s*** as I did back then. I just don't make any outbursts. I am more quiet and a little more self conscious.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#12New Post! Mar 19, 2012 @ 14:56:33
@Cpat92 Said

Well it is said that I have matured since I left that school in 2010. Sadly, I take almost as much s*** as I did back then. I just don't make any outbursts. I am more quiet and a little more self conscious.
****Yes, this is true for many. And controlling one's response is a definite sign of maturity. An assertive person knows how to speak their mind in a confident manner, without what is being said considered an outburst. Many times, the best way to put those who need it in their place is by using soft words, and a smile on your face. Knowing when to go for the jugular, and how is crucial - it's all about the timing and circumstances. *****What the original post may be saying to some is: AFTER DECADES OF BEING passive, quiet, taking a lot of s***, and being overly self-conscious -- at one point (such as described in the OP -- something changed, and "Sam" started talking, walking, and behaving like a different person, with a mind of his own, and no longer afraid to express his opinion (no longer over sensitive to the fact that someone, somewhere may not like what "Sam" had to say). Bleh! To some, when someone 'comes out' like this, it may mean that it was in them all along, just being buried under years of being suppressed - but ... it was there, somewhere, subconsciously, at some other level. The name Sam is made up, just get tired of posting one/you/I/someone].
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs