The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Two seperate arguments concerning religion or moral.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#76New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 03:43:36
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

I would like some feedback on how well or poorly you think I handled both situation:

Discussion concerning the attack on religion by the Anon.

Discussion on an old bf's intolerance of homosexuality.

The reason that I want feedback is because I am trying to learn how to tolerate certain people and topics.

Lol at the Christian who is complaining about opposing views being shoved down her throat.
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#77New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 03:49:31
@Leon Said

Lol at the Christian who is complaining about opposing views being shoved down her throat.

It was quite comical to me.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#78New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 03:54:01
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

It was quite comical to me.

Anyways... keep at your tolerance thing. Practice makes perfect so the only thing that will stop you is giving up. Don't give up and eventually, you'll get there
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#79New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 03:59:46
@Tar Said

Anyways... keep at your tolerance thing. Practice makes perfect so the only thing that will stop you is giving up. Don't give up and eventually, you'll get there

I shall never give up!
Electric_Banana 2 minutes ago

, New Zealand
#80New Post! Mar 12, 2012 @ 04:02:25
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

Yes, it's above your knowledge spectrum. However, why comment in a thread you know nothing about? Just to start an argument? Yeah, sounds about right.

Vixen - It's cool that you're exercising your mind but I think more so nowadays people need to start exercising their hearts.

I think ol' Jo was just giving constructive warning that a lot of us went down this same track only to find that we ended up wasting a lot of time and confusing ourselves.

It's good to stand up against homophobia but it's easier to change other's tunes through quiet influence rather than backing them in a corner where they're going to be more for defending their ego more so than their actual stance - Which is always subject to change rather they realize it or not.

The acceptance of homosexuals is winning by a landslide more for the positive reciprocation people offer it than the stands made against by those opposed.

It's a way a letting more stubborn people gradually fall in with the rest of everyone else who already knows better more so than embarrassing them by confronting them in a corner.

The same goes for religion. Best to quietly act on the God in ourselves and allow that to serve as influence while fundamentalists keep preaching the God they were taught - This way it helps to sort out the original personas from those who easily fall to herd mentality.

In the long run I think it's good that you're getting this exercise because I've noticed that you are ALOT more profound than you were a few years ago but at the same time you don't want to stress yourself too much because a lot of these battles that people seem to still be currently fighting were all won ages ago...

...for instance those who can't overcome racial or sexual preference tolerance believe that there are enough who still think like them that their say in the matter still holds any weight.

It doesn't, the rest of us just sit back patiently and wait for those few left over to get their head on straight and catch up to the rest of us.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs