The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
News & Current Events

Smart Advertisers Distancing From limbaugh..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#31New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 00:10:47
@ThePainefulTruth Said

The only thing Limbaugh did wrong was apologize. She IS a prostitute, the only difference is we are, or would be, her customers without the service. BTW, he denies it, but I think his apology was motivated by the departing sponsors. Also, I don't believe being a prostitute should be illegal or persecuted. No, I don't patronize them or want to......well.....of course if Emma Stone was to show up at my door I would be sorely tempted.

On another aspect of this issue, how often do we prosecute men for sexual harassment, but turn our heads when women use sex for advancement.

Limbaugh's condemners have a worth champion. McCain condemned Limbaugh for using those words.

Sounds to me like his morals can be bought.
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#32New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 00:18:14
@restoreone Said

Well, if they can, it's going to be a bargain basement sale..

So far, 33 advertisers have dropped him and radio stations in two states have removed his program completely.

How is he going to pay for his painkillers?

, Ohio
#33New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 00:27:45
@boxerdc Said

So far, 33 advertisers have dropped him and radio stations in two states have removed his program completely.

Obama health care plan preexisting condition are covered

Deleted

#34New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 00:30:45
@restoreone Said

Obama health care plan preexisting condition are covered

Even though he claims that he's cured?
I wonder how much he cost insurers with the hundreds of illegal prescriptions he got from dozens of different doctors..

, Ohio
#35New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 00:35:46
@boxerdc Said

Even though he claims that he's cured?
I wonder how much he cost insurers with the hundreds of illegal prescriptions he got from dozens of different doctors..

Anyone that listens to him as I have Knows he must be on drugs or something.

Deleted

#36New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 00:37:26
@restoreone Said

Anyone that listens to him as I have Knows he must be on drugs or something.

I'm just assuming that he lives next door to hoppy and is married to cinnamon.. That would explain it all.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#37New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 01:09:43
@shinobinoz Said

She's not a prostitute sis. This macho boys club is made up of sad ol men who like to boast to hold their head up because their little one won't!

Oh yes Bro...I know that.....I was just trying to make a point. And I meant to say "sell" not "sale"..... But you're right.

Chicago, Illinois
#38New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 01:10:49
@restoreone Said

That's funny cause IMO he has none!

Chicago, Illinois
#39New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 01:14:17
@boxerdc Said

ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#40New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 10:32:01
@restoreone Said

I don't think it's a moral issue, more a combination of a business issue and a shallow personality.

Elsewhere, Carbonite, one of his bigger losses, has seen it's stock plunge--not because of any effort to boycott it, but because of the loss of the effective advertising on the show. Limbaugh usually did their segments live without announcing an ad break, which I've always found mildly irritating, but Carbonite obviously profited..
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#41New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 13:09:32
@restoreone Said

@Spinkiegirl Said

That's funny cause IMO he has none!

@ThePainefulTruth Said

I don't think it's a moral issue, more a combination of a business issue and a shallow personality.

Elsewhere, Carbonite, one of his bigger losses, has seen it's stock plunge--not because of any effort to boycott it, but because of the loss of the effective advertising on the show. Limbaugh usually did their segments live without announcing an ad break, which I've always found mildly irritating, but Carbonite obviously profited..

Here's some STRONG morals for you.

"all decent folks can agree that the remarks that were made don't have any place in the public discourse."

"I thought about Malia and Sasha, and one of the things I want them to do as they get older is to engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on," Obama said.

"I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way, and I don't want them attacked or called horrible names because they are being good citizens," he added.
https://news.yahoo.com/obama-hits-back-limbaugh-invoking-daughters-004516469.html
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#42New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 13:11:31
And on Fluke.
"I wanted Sandra to know that I thought her parents should be proud of her and that we want to send a message to all our young people that being part of a democracy involves argument and disagreements and debate," Obama said.
He said that such debate should not involve people "being demeaned and insulted."
https://news.yahoo.com/obama-hits-back-limbaugh-invoking-daughters-004516469.html
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#43New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 13:13:01
And on women & Michelle;
He said women would make up their on minds about what was important to them and would cast their votes based on "a whole range of issues."
Mentioning his wife, Obama said, "One of the things I've learned, being married to Michelle, is I don't need to tell her what it is that she thinks is important."

Now there's a real man for you. And a real leader.

Chicago, Illinois
#44New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 16:07:18
@shinobinoz Said

Here's some STRONG morals for you.

"all decent folks can agree that the remarks that were made don't have any place in the public discourse."

"I thought about Malia and Sasha, and one of the things I want them to do as they get older is to engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on," Obama said.

"I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way, and I don't want them attacked or called horrible names because they are being good citizens," he added.

Amen Bro!!!

Chicago, Illinois
#45New Post! Mar 07, 2012 @ 16:09:41
@ThePainefulTruth Said

It's no surprise you would side with the likes of limbaugh!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs