Step Mom Blues

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#1New Post! Mar 02, 2012 @ 17:30:35
So about 8 months ago I stopped speaking to my stepmom and that side of the family completely. there were some horrible things that happened between us. we both said things that were mean and hateful. we both acted like children.

But yesterday was her birthday. since I was 13 I've always told her happy birthday.I fought with it all day as in what to do. finally my heart got the best of me and I called her..and it went like this..

Me:Hey! I just called to tell you happy birthday.

Stepmom: omg! Eowyn? is that you? Hello...please...please don't hang up talk to me?

Me: what?

there was a bit of a silence and then I heard her start to cry

Stepmom: I love you and I miss you. please tell me how you are?
this is the best birthday gift ever! please talk to me?
So this is how it went on for an hr or so. we spoke and I could just feel my anger go away. I had been missing her so much the last few months,I felt that since I had told her happy birthday for so long I should keep doing it despite fighting and the rage we felt..

she just kept telling me she loved me and she wanted to see me again.

she told me my baby sister had just turned 3 and then puts her on the phone. this was even harder since I still loved my baby girl bunches
I had to smile.

All I wonder now is should I keep in touch with her. she wants me to
but I am still undecided. I am hoping that with time I will be able to figure this out. she was always so good to me growing up.

Any Mothers out there with some good sound advice?
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#2New Post! Mar 02, 2012 @ 17:35:52
this is where you can learn to forgive and let go and enjoy the relationship you ahve with her. Let the past go, Look at it like a dribble in an ocean. If you miss her and love her as you say you do, ten seriously just let it go and enjoy her and your baby sister. Some things are just not worth hanging onto.
chisa96 On December 29, 2014
Supreme Goddess

Out in Nature, Wisconsin
#3New Post! Mar 02, 2012 @ 17:39:57
Families fight. Sometimes they say or do horrible things to one another. People aren't perfect that way, even when they love each other.

The hallmark of a good family is genuine sorrow when pain is caused and forgiveness of past deeds.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Mar 02, 2012 @ 23:06:43
I'm not a mother; but whatever you two were angry about, it sounds like the love far out weights it; in fact, it sounds like you have a genuine need for the other in your lives.
Maybe you can agree to disagree, and let bygones be bygones.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#5New Post! Mar 02, 2012 @ 23:17:10
I'm not a mother, either, but I've got step-children that only now (after turning 37) realize that they never had it so good as when they were under our roof.... Don't hold a grudge for long. If you do, you will only live to regret it.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#6New Post! Mar 03, 2012 @ 00:41:04
You always seem have something going on, some fights, some problems... something. Maybe it's time to take a step back and just reanalyze why things always crop up.
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#7New Post! Mar 03, 2012 @ 18:35:03
@boobagins Said

You always seem have something going on, some fights, some problems... something. Maybe it's time to take a step back and just reanalyze why things always crop up.

Things happen here and there. in everyones life. this stuff with her happened a while back and all I wanted was some advice on what to do.
I wish i had some thing going on all the time lol. a lot of things come and go rather quickly.

Its all just random thoughts that run through my head. that is all.
random things that happen. but i had no idea people had such an issue with me posting such things. so apparently some one lied when they told me we could post ANYTHING on here.

So I shall stick to writing anything but the things people complain about it.
lefty On July 19, 2018
AKA: friendlybear

Oh, Canada
#8New Post! Mar 03, 2012 @ 18:53:54
@Eowyn Said

Things happen here and there. in everyones life. this stuff with her happened a while back and all I wanted was some advice on what to do.
I wish i had some thing going on all the time lol. a lot of things come and go rather quickly.

random things that happen. but i had no idea people had such an issue with me posting such things. so apparently some one lied when they told me we could post ANYTHING on here.

I'm glad you've been able to reconcile with your step mom. Mine will never be a friend to me. She didn't want me there from the beginning, she told me so herself.

As far as posting, if you post things like this in your journal, you can set it so only your friends can see what you write. You also have the option of turning comments off, and you can delete others comments if you so desire.

That being said, TFS is a pretty good site, you can post damn near anything as long as it doesn't break TOS .
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#9New Post! Mar 03, 2012 @ 20:10:22
@Eowyn Said

Meh. I never said anything about you not posting what you want. I actually gave you advice. Reanalyze why things are always cropping up for you. Don't like it? That's okay. You asked for it, I responded, sorry if it's not what you wanted.

Never mentioned anything about you posting what you want.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs