Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#61New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 22:07:55
@white_swan53 Said

My first reply to that scenario when it was put to me . was gun them all down.

You don't need to do all that side stepping .
Just picture you have done all that is needed to make sure you and your family has every thing needed to make it all the way . you have done an excellent job of picking the location and concealing your supplies . covering your back trail . and no one can accuse you of being lax about keeping your eye peeled and ears tuned .
and out of the blue steps into your camp 1/2 a dozen starving ,frightened, lost ,angry ,city dwellers who immediately and loudly start demanding that their problems have just become your emergency.

I believe I'd be able to help them.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#62New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 22:26:35
@shinobinoz Said

I believe I'd be able to help them.

that's good .
and when your original camp members get tired of catering to the new guys and start thinking of new plans, send them my way. I won't have any one who won't be pulling their own weight. Experience , knowledge , common sense and hard working woodsman /women are always welcome at any fire.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#63New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 22:29:03
@white_swan53 Said

that's good .
and when your original camp members get tired of catering to the new guys and start thinking of new plans, send them my way. I won't have any one who won't be pulling their own weight. Experience , knowledge , common sense and hard working woodsman /women are always welcome at any fire.

They can be taught or shown the way out!

n/a, New Mexico
#64New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 22:30:17
Helping your neighbor and being your brothers keeper , it all works well when we humans are nice and comfy and snug warm with 4 walls and a locked door between us and mother nature.

n/a, New Mexico
#65New Post! Jul 29, 2012 @ 22:39:02
@shinobinoz Said

They can be taught or shown the way out!

Yes, we humans are adaptable and trainable.
okay , so for the sake of argument.
Four of them really apply themselves to the task at hand and learn quickly how to do what is needed for the good of the whole.
Two of them don't.. They just won't or can't adapt.
You can't teach them even the simplest tasks .

n/a, New Mexico
#66New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 04:31:46
@white_swan53 Said

Four of them really apply themselves to the task at hand and learn quickly how to do what is needed for the good of the whole.

Plus the two have begun to complain and demand to be taken to a town or city , they are making the rest of the camp nervous and on edge.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#67New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 05:01:29
@white_swan53 Said

They will be shown the door if they become too much of a burden which threatens all others.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#68New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 05:02:07
@white_swan53 Said

Plus the two have begun to complain and demand to be taken to a town or city , they are making the rest of the camp nervous and on edge.

They are free to go but may not return.

n/a, New Mexico
#69New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 05:53:09
@shinobinoz Said

They are free to go but may not return.

Have you ever watched as a herd culls the young males or a pack culls last springs pups or kits to make way for the next springs young?
All the culls are free to leave and not allowed to return , BUT, none of them will just leave . and some of them will be caught trying to sneak back.

Whatever it would be that would put humans in the situation of pitting themselves against nature for survival will be felt harder and harsher in the cities and places where there are people literally living one on top of another . and it's well documented just how brutal and violent humans are when survival is threatened.
The people that have planned and worked to gaurantee the survival of their people or camp. will have to figure away to keep the camps ways and means for survival safe from people who have no skills no knowledge and knows only that they have to find someone who has what they lack.
You nameing the posters that would scare you to kmow they had fire arms and you teling another that you can survive in a wildreness is what made me ask you these questions, it's almost a sure thing that nothing will happen in our lifetimnes to send us packing into the wildernwess .maybe.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#70New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 06:05:30
@white_swan53 Said

Have you ever really ,be honest , faced a loaded firearm in the hands of a stranger that is serious about squeezing that trigger?
It's all good and very easy to sit in the comfort of your home , wrapped in a righteous anger and make yourself believe " if I had been there " or " If it had been me that he tried that on " things would have had a different out come.

As a matter of fact, i've had a gun pulled on me.....well not me alone I was with others. My point is......I would have hug up with the person I was talking to and called 911, stayed on the phone with them until police got there....the 911 dispatcher would have heard and recorded the whole event! So there you go! I would NEVER have an exchange of any kind with a strange man at night in ANY area of town! My cell would have been all I needed. Or, zimmerman could have STAYED his butt in his vehicle like it was SUGGESTED!

n/a, New Mexico
#71New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 06:09:06
@Spinkiegirl Said

My cell would have been all I needed.

Wow, and double WOW . I think I may just have to trade in my personal protection firearm on a cell. NOT!!!
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#72New Post! Jul 30, 2012 @ 15:42:13
@white_swan53 Said

Have you ever watched as a herd culls the young males or a pack culls last springs pups or kits to make way for the next springs young?
All the culls are free to leave and not allowed to return , BUT, none of them will just leave . and some of them will be caught trying to sneak back.

Whatever it would be that would put humans in the situation of pitting themselves against nature for survival will be felt harder and harsher in the cities and places where there are people literally living one on top of another . and it's well documented just how brutal and violent humans are when survival is threatened.
The people that have planned and worked to gaurantee the survival of their people or camp. will have to figure away to keep the camps ways and means for survival safe from people who have no skills no knowledge and knows only that they have to find someone who has what they lack.
You nameing the posters that would scare you to kmow they had fire arms and you teling another that you can survive in a wildreness is what made me ask you these questions, it's almost a sure thing that nothing will happen in our lifetimnes to send us packing into the wildernwess .maybe.

I'm not really scared of them ya know. Tis the internet and fairly anonymous. I am concerned they would end up like some of those that go on a shooting spree however.

Chicago, Illinois
#73New Post! Aug 03, 2012 @ 08:54:21
@rocket48 Said

8 years of Bill Clinton in office set us up for 911. George Bush had Power, Strength and Knowledge after 911 and Obama wants to apologize for that?

Oh, see I didn't get that memo! So it was all "Bill Clinton's" FAULT that those who hated us so much...they allowed themselves to be BRAINWASHED into flying our own airplanes into a couple of occupied buildings and committed one of the most EVIL acts of murder and violence against 1,000's of INNOCENT humans in this nation's history? Excuse me for asking, but can I trouble you to provide us here with some FACTUAL proof or evidence to back up what you just stated? Thanks. And also can you please tell me, how is it that bush didn't have that "Power, Strength, and Knowledge" you praise him with until AFTER the 911 attacks?

Chicago, Illinois
#74New Post! Aug 03, 2012 @ 09:23:58
@white_swan53 Said

Wow, and double WOW . I think I may just have to trade in my personal protection firearm on a cell. NOT!!!

No you don't........that's just silly IMO! I am not Trayvon...that is exactly why I used myself when I tried to explain that the fact is, Trayvon and I reacting or handling that same tragic night, and the events that unfolded before, during, and after......by the sheer logic of it all......I am a completely different person than Trayvon was. So naturally I would have done things completely opposite than the UNARMED teen. Even if I were his same age, I know myself.....and that cellphone I was taking on at the time zimmerman approached me would have been an undisputed unquestioned key to whatever outcome there was. I would have had 911 on the line the very second zimmerman said his first word to me! If he shot me dead........I couldn't tell my side of the events.....the dispatcher would have been recording the whole exchange. See what I mean? One more thing..I will NEVER attack ANYONE unless I was attacked FIRST! So there......the outcome would have been very different....regardless if I was shot and killed or not!

n/a, New Mexico
#75New Post! Aug 03, 2012 @ 09:46:11
@Spinkiegirl Said

No you don't........that's just silly IMO! I am not Trayvon...that is exactly why I used myself when I tried to explain that the fact is, Trayvon and I reacting or handling that same tragic night, and the events that unfolded before, during, and after......by the sheer logic of it all......I am a completely different person than Trayvon was. So naturally I would have done things completely opposite than the UNARMED teen. Even if I were his same age, I know myself.....and that cellphone I was taking on at the time zimmerman approached me would have been an undisputed unquestioned key to whatever outcome there was. I would have had 911 on the line the very second zimmerman said his first word to me! If he shot me dead........I couldn't tell my side of the events.....the dispatcher would have been recording the whole exchange. See what I mean? One more thing..I will NEVER attack ANYONE unless I was attacked FIRST! So there......the outcome would have been very different....regardless if I was shot and killed or not!

I'm sure you are 110 % correct about you as a grown woman would have handled the situation totally different then martin did as a young adult male. You wouldn't have attacked Zimmerman , you I'm sure would have told him what he needed to know to understand that you were a guest there in the community etc... plus since the recent home break ins weren't being done by black 50 year old women but by black young males, Zimmerman probably would have approached you differently.

There is one detail that seems to be completely lost in the mess.
Zimmerman had no idea Martin was a 17 year old kid. All he knew was here was a young male person with gold dental work and gangster like mannerisms , gang style tats, a non resident out and about in gated community in late evening .
I raised two sons, and 17 year old young men , especially ones trying to show off for a girl, Martin was talking to his g/f on the phone, they will be belligerent and talk bad a** and defiant add all that together and I do believe Zimmerman was unaware that it was a 127 year old kid with a bottle of tea and a bag of candy that was facing him.
Don't take me wrong, Zimmerman being the adult / older of the two and acting as a neighborhood watch handled the deal way wrong, but I also believe Martin handled his part in the deal wrong also. I think when push came to shove , there was two really scared guys and the outcome is f***wed up for two families with no way to go back and change it. Then throw into the mix all Zimmermans lies and his wife's lying to boot , a bad deal gone worse.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs