The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

Is this normal or am I just being a "girl?"?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Sassygirl On June 25, 2012
Troll

Manchester, New Hampshire
#16New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 02:50:00
I think it depends on the guy... If I do that to my guys face he doesn&amp;#39;t respond (maybe he is embarrassed, idk) but if I text it to him he responds with sweet words.

~sassy girl
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#17New Post! Mar 04, 2012 @ 05:53:23
@hoppy Said

Real men NEVER get sweet and mushy. Polite and complimentary is ok.

Maybe...BUT

But yeah... If you say "you're in the mood for me" I'm thinking I'm about to get lucky... Other than that, theres a very thick line between being sweet and being mushy... and most guys that spend less than 10 minutes on their hair in the morning dont get mushy.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#18New Post! Mar 05, 2012 @ 14:04:47
@Coleosis Said

Maybe...BUT

But yeah... If you say "you're in the mood for me" I'm thinking I'm about to get lucky... Other than that, theres a very thick line between being sweet and being mushy... and most guys that spend less than 10 minutes on their hair in the morning dont get mushy.

That is true. A real man will love his woman every single day. I don't know about the blood all over the face part. I can't answer for that.
townie_guy On May 07, 2013

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Mar 06, 2012 @ 00:40:48
From a blokes point, the sweet and mushy is a bit soppy. I have done it before, oops and it has bever worked out, just got the impression it made me look pathetic.

Dont get me wrong after sex its prob fine for us blockes to be sweet and mushy but thats about it really. AFter all we are MEN. Sure someone is gonna oppose this.
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#20New Post! Mar 06, 2012 @ 00:46:52
@Jezzy143 Said

When I get lovey with my boyfriend, and say sweet things and tell him I'm in the mood for him, he just stays quiet or laughs and says that I'm just "being a girl"

Seriously?!

I don't care how manly you are....why can't guys be sweet and mushy sometimes... =\

Don't worry hon some guys are not like that. But you need to let him know that he needs to make you feel wanted. because you want him, but try not to give him a hard time about it. My Husband is all lovey and mushy so yes there are men out there who get lovey and mushy haha. sweetie he may just not be into you. I mean what guy in their right mind would turn down sex? Maybe there is some thing more going on.

You care about him I am sure, and all you need is to feel that "want" back. so its normal..

its not just being a girl
Yodogs On December 26, 2023

Sturgis, South Dakota
#21New Post! Mar 06, 2012 @ 00:50:22
Im not mushy, im sweet though.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#22New Post! Mar 06, 2012 @ 02:12:41
Its funny that you ask an age old question and so few seem to understand why it is the way it is. I can tell you some of the reasoning, if not most of it. I got to warn you though, its not based on opinion, rather on research (some mine, most scientific community). I'm not going to link articles or anything because if you really want to know, you can check up everything I am explaining to you and you'll see what I mean.
Anyways, your asking about a guy who you want to be sweet and mushy "sometimes" right? Well, the thing is though, what most likely attracted you to this particular man was his masculinity and even more likely, his aggressive masculinity. This is one of the odd paradoxes of human sexuality. In some sense, many of the men on TFS are actually accurate in what they say in that "real men" don't get mushy. Although the actual terminology is a little off base, the assessment is accurate, but for clarity's sake, I'll clean it up. The real terminology is actually "alpha-males" don't get mushy.
An alphamale is usually the charismatic, and physically charming and aggressive leader of a pack. The same characteristic appears in humans as well. Many women look for the "chiselled physique" or the "rippling abs" and such when they look for a mate. The female body actually craves this sort of entity when they are ovulating and the most fertile. This preference changes when the woman is either not ovulating or pregnant.
When a woman is pregnant or not ovulating (or even when they are on (The Pill) they will seek out men who are more closely related in their MHC which is a short way of saying, a male who does not want to mate. They will look for a male who is more effeminate which is called, the beta-male. The evolutionary reason for this is the alpha-male is only useful to procreate. Normally the alphamale is showcasing superior physiological genetics for a superior offspring. The cost of these superior genetics is a male who is more or less incapable of being a "household male" or, to put it more accurately, a father. THIS is the reason why girls like bad boys, but settle down with good boys.
So, to answer your question, in a sense, your not really being a girl, you're kind of just, non-ovulating. You aren't sexually driven in the sense of a guy who would be sexually driven. When you are feeling like this, you are in beta-male hunting mode. When you want sex, you will be back to alpha-male hunt mode.
My advice to you? Umm... sorry. I only give advice that I really do know would work, but in this situation, I don't really know what to say. All I can do is provide you with the information and hope you make your choices being better informed.
What MAY be problematic is that your boyfriend has a very high testosterone level at time when you want a beta-male. It may be that he exercises very frequently. Perhaps you could talk him into exercising less which might bring down his testosterone level. Also, different foods like Soy milk or Soy yougurt drinks also bring down testosterone levels slowly by providing phyto-estrogens into the body in small amounts. These tend to reduce the aggressive and contra-girly behaviors and essentially make him somewhat more predisposed to "snuggly, cuddly, mushy" behavior. If you can talk him into changing his habits a few times a month, (when you are at your most cuddle-desiring), then it might work. If you cannot talk him into changing his behavior for your sake... Well, relationships are about compromise. Your partner should love you enough to atleast try
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#23New Post! Mar 10, 2012 @ 14:41:35
what's wrong with a girl 'just being a girl' in the circumstances that you describe?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs