Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#46New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 21:56:31
@Vortex7893 Said

Indeed, more questions are always raised when one searches for answers. And there are so few who truly venture into the void of unanswered territory, questions that are asked but no one has answers to. They search but run into mere fabrications of the truth. How many consider about their existence, meaning, or value to great extents ?

Can truth be known in our lifetime?

It is hard to reason that the same man that was able to convince his fellow man into the ideology of morality would not also be capable of reasoning him out of violence. Is man so easily swayed and so strong and intelligent at the same time? I find that hard to believe.

an elusive question shrowded in mystery that many have tried to answer but none have the answer to.

The issue of concern is that the Life: was it important, making value for the particular individual to BE important to that construct of the universe in it's Entirety, to the Nature of accomplishing this actuality of resolving the capability for "reasoning him.." and the others with Him.." acknowledging self-consciousness "... out of violence... easily swayed and so strong and intelligent...."? A matter of faith exists for the application of morality: either that OR a matter of law and order is realized in authoritative use causing the community the thread of fear for the meaningful morality. Meaning is something at DOING; as such do we DO out of Fear more than out of the shear faith in Morals existing in rather a vigilant will to survive.

It would be fine for the motivation for morality to be some kind of essence prioritized to Existence; nevertheless Law is written for society's failures to be consisted in true living principles for self-conscious tolerance and peace mindedness being for the active desires to survive in anyone of US. How come we must have man enforce this Existence?
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 22:47:21
@Vortex7893 Said

Indeed, more questions are always raised when one searches for answers. And there are so few who truly venture into the void of unanswered territory, questions that are asked but no one has answers to. They search but run into mere fabrications of the truth. How many consider about their existence, meaning, or value to great extents ?

Can truth be known in our lifetime?

New posts bring new questions to life. I won't say truth cannot be known, but truly, no one can prove the meaning of existence. It is all mere speculation. The answers which arise and suit the person and allow them to be comforted or give them what they need to hear- these shall be their religion, the basis of their life philosophy.

An interesting viewpoint, one that would make sense if one believed we evolved into what we are today. Are humans intelligent enough to create morality, however? Would mere ideology alone be enough to incarcerate man's mind for multiple millennia ?

Many questions have arisen, and many laid to rest in my mind. Humans do not need to know the truth in life, merely to be content that their lives serve purpose, whatever that may be.

However, the latter quote's implications would make man into a very intelligent and very capable species. It is hard to reason that the same man that was able to convince his fellow man into the ideology of morality would not also be capable of reasoning him out of violence. Is man so easily swayed and so strong and intelligent at the same time? I find that hard to believe.

The one answer that would lay all other questions to rest is,"How did all come to existence?" If one had answers for this question, then all else could be laid aside without second thought. Yet, this remains one of the few questions that man might never be able to answer, an elusive question shrowded in mystery that many have tried to answer but none have the answer to.

i agree .. i do not need to know the truth ... but , i don't really believe that any of our lives serve a purpose ... i think we are as relevant as a nest full of ants
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#48New Post! Feb 18, 2012 @ 23:15:42
@offbeat Said

i agree .. i do not need to know the truth ... but , i don't really believe that any of our lives serve a purpose ... i think we are as relevant as a nest full of ants

We identify the question: "Is life worth living?" as "Is the pursuit of being to regard: per something alive?" But we may also assume that as long as we exist we must be also alive. Yeah, I know; maybe 'not being alive' determines some people indeterminately wholly unimportant to Human Nature.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#49New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 02:10:37
Is death worth dying for?

Erimitus: I am not sure that I understand your question. If a person has no reason for being and staying alive is not worth the trouble then death, which is inevitable anyway, is an option. Of course once the choice is made and acted upon it cannot be changed. I suppose that anything that is worth living for is worth dying for.
Vortex7893 On March 20, 2012

Norfolk, Virginia
#50New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 03:40:30

Odd question that doesn't sound right, but I understand what you're saying. Humans , from any viewpoint, have animalistic instinct. Survival. That is why the threat of hell holds such a grip on a person's mind. It does on mine, I won't lie. Being raised strictly Christian...well, it doesn't let you go as easily as you might wish.

What I truly want to know, is living your life with disregard to the idea of a deity worth the risk? What if it was true? Don't most people ultimately turn aside from their "wicked ways" in the end for fear of hell?

How many chance eternity?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#51New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 05:12:26
@Vortex7893 Said

Odd question that doesn't sound right, but I understand what you're saying. Humans , from any viewpoint, have animalistic instinct. Survival. That is why the threat of hell holds such a grip on a person's mind. It does on mine, I won't lie. Being raised strictly Christian...well, it doesn't let you go as easily as you might wish.

What I truly want to know, is living your life with disregard to the idea of a deity worth the risk? What if it was true? Don't most people ultimately turn aside from their "wicked ways" in the end for fear of hell?

How many chance eternity?

to sleep per chance to dream
EoWyN On April 01, 2015
Lucky Me!

Deleted

Under your bed,
#52New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 05:22:40
Life is so worth living, there is beauty everywhere some thing always to be thankful for <3 joy in every birds song..times are hard sure but even darkness must pass and the light will shine again...living is a joy
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#53New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 06:44:16
@Erimitus Said

to sleep per chance to dream

Ayup no matter how bad or good we are there's still a possibility that when we die we're going to be eternally jumping from nightmare to nightmare.

I sorta think those nightmares are only broadcasts that we can experience in physical bodies.

Brain science (for however accurate it really is) demonstrates the dream state as a still conscious-level wave or rather the mind is still aware of itself and that there's still a frequency below that which is no awareness what-so-ever like being under anesthesia during a surgery.

It would only make sense that when dead we're riding that lowest frequency of non existence.

, New Zealand
#54New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 06:48:34
Also, Erimitus I sometimes suspect that 'Earth' is the hub nightmare from which all other nightmares stem.

During this lifetime we may be existing within the lair of the sub conscience.
smallBUTTerflies On January 07, 2020
Weaker than homeopat

Plymouth,
#55New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 08:12:24
Well yeah, life is worth living because as far as we are certain, it's all we have. As for life having meaning, I personally don't think it does. I think our life is completely pointless and meaningless and it will end eventually. That doesn't mean we can't have fun with it of course.
Glenn On January 10, 2013
Average Jet Pilot

Deleted
Banned

Meridian, Mississippi
#56New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 08:44:46
Yes!
freiya On March 20, 2012

, Australia
#57New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 09:06:22
@Vortex7893 Said

Is life worth living?

When truly considered, is not everything truly pointless?

Or is there meaning to our short existence?

hello,

the only meaning i have found is to master the mind and open the heart, is that a meaning or a purpose?

i don't know

, New Zealand
#58New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 09:18:14
It could use a bit more cheese.
portalmojo On March 12, 2012

Perth, Australia
#59New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 09:36:23
@Vortex7893 Said

Is life worth living?

When truly considered, is not everything truly pointless?

Or is there meaning to our short existence?

of course it is....you just need to know what's your purpose in living your life
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs