Technology & Internet

iPhone 4 ro iPhone 4s?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 01:44:49
So I get paid this weekend. Most likely I will get under $300, but over $200 instead of me getting what I used to get when I started. I was planning on buying my friend's iPhone 4 for about $250. Thing is I'm under sprint and she's under at&t. I don't make enough to pay for my own phone bill yet. If I was making more. I found out that sprint sells both the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4s. The iPhone 4 is $99 and the 4s is $199. I am wondering what to do. Should I go straight for the iPhone 4, or should I take the chance and go for the iPhone 4s?

I feel a little bad. I didn't promise I would buy her iPhone 4, but I did say I would buy it.
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#2New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 01:50:49
You don't make enough to pay your own phone bill but will still get a phone that will require a standard amount plus data and put that cost on someone else?

I can't even justify the cost and I make more than enough to afford it.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#3New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 01:54:51
@boobagins Said

You don't make enough to pay your own phone bill but will still get a phone that will require a standard amount plus data and put that cost on someone else?

I can't even justify the cost and I make more than enough to afford it.

So they add to the bill when I buy the phone without upgrading? I will pay for the phone myself.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 01:56:03
The iPhone 4S has the same A5 processor that the current iPad 2 has, plus some gadgety voice control features. Other than that, they are pretty much the same. I am fully satisfied with my 4's performance and features.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#5New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 01:57:54
@Cpat92 Said

I feel a little bad. I didn't promise I would buy her iPhone 4, but I did say I would buy it.

You're just a guilt-ridden poet, in search of a higher technology....
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#6New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 01:58:36
@Cpat92 Said

So they add to the bill when I buy the phone without upgrading? I will pay for the phone myself.

I don't know. It depends on what kind of plan you have now to see if it makes a difference. If it's just a matter of changing phones. Then hey. If it's not, well, I don't pay your bills.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#7New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 02:02:31
I really want to get it. I want that iPhone. I heard they don't add to the bill. I'm under my grandmother's plan, but I am willing to pay for the iPhone myself.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 02:06:19
@Cpat92 Said

I really want to get it. I want that iPhone. I heard they don't add to the bill. I'm under my grandmother's plan, but I am willing to pay for the iPhone myself.

You won't regret it. Welcome to the family.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#9New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 02:08:11
with the iphone, any iphone you have to have a mandatory DATA plan to even make the phone work. Mine adds another $30 or $40 a month to phone bill, (the amount also varies on how much DATA you use, I have the highest option.)
I kinda glossed over at that point, I'm not the primary person on the plan, so the Verzion guy wasn't really talking to me.
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#10New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 02:17:32
Meh, don't mind me, far be it from me to tell you what to do.

I'm just a total dork and when I was considering getting an iphone, I ended up doing a 5 year cost analysis based on my usage pattern and costs outweighed the benefit.

But since I have work cell phone, and wifi access almost 90% of time, it was better for me to get an itouch than the iphone.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#11New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 02:19:21
I have unlimited everything, at $125 a month, through Verizon. Costly, but I perfer not having to ever worry about usage. Besides, I plan on keeping this plan forever, so, in the long run, Verizon will hate me for it.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#12New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 03:00:51
If you're not making enough to pay for your own phone bill yet, you may qualify for a free phone, and free minutes each month, up to 250 minutes. Not a whole lot, but free is free!
Also, if you don't qualify (which I think you will though), your grandmother may. Or if she does and you don't, she could maybe get one, and then let you use it...
They aren't exactly blackberrys, but pretty good phones nonetheless; and as I said, free is free!

https://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/free-cell-phone-providers/safelink-wireless
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#13New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 06:07:14
@sTreetAngeL Said

If you're not making enough to pay for your own phone bill yet, you may qualify for a free phone, and free minutes each month, up to 250 minutes. Not a whole lot, but free is free!
Also, if you don't qualify (which I think you will though), your grandmother may. Or if she does and you don't, she could maybe get one, and then let you use it...
They aren't exactly blackberrys, but pretty good phones nonetheless; and as I said, free is free!

https://www.freegovernmentcellphones.net/free-cell-phone-providers/safelink-wireless

I have a blackberry. I think we have an unlimited plan with Sprint. Unlimited data, text etc. We don't upgrade until August, but I really want that iPhone If I was making a little more and had better hours at work I would start a plan with at&t and get the iPhone 4S. Since I work at Target I am able to get 21% off and plus if I had the Target red card I can get 5% off plus I believe 10% off of my team member discount for the phone.
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#14New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 10:04:01
Wow you guys pay a lot on your phone contracts!! I just got an iPhone 4s over here and they reduced my monthly rate from £36 a month to £32 a month and changed my plan for the better with that by giving me hundreds of minutes, unlimited texts and 1gb of data a month! I usually get the phone free on upgrade but because it is so new I had to pay a one off £99 for it. If you pay over £40 a month which is one of the highest rates per month you get it for free!
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#15New Post! Feb 16, 2012 @ 11:15:03
Meh why have an iPhone, when you can have this bad boy...

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs