Politics

Why do most blacks vote Democrat

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9
Elza On July 27, 2012

, Canada
#121New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 19:24:03
it would be interesting to see how US people would vote if they did not know who was republican and who was liberal. If they only had to vote on what they saw as the better morals and values, rules and regulations for their country...somehow i think most would find their choices would put them as liberal thinkers.
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#122New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 19:25:36
@Elza Said

it would be interesting to see how US people would vote if they did not know who was republican and who was liberal. If they only had to vote on what they saw as the better morals and values, rules and regulations for their country...somehow i think most would find their choices would put them as liberal thinkers.

I know that's what I look for.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#123New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 19:28:28
One of the most 'interesting' things about this topic is the grand assumption that black people apparently do not know what is best for themselves.

Very interesting indeed.

And I think that if one looks at that kind of attitude (where you know what is better for the person than the person themselves) that the question posed in the title will be answered. In spades.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#124New Post! Feb 20, 2012 @ 19:31:42
@LuckyCharms Said

One of the most 'interesting' things about this topic is the grand assumption that black people apparently do not know what is best for themselves.

Very interesting indeed.

And I think that if one looks at that kind of attitude (where you know what is better for the person than the person themselves) that the question posed in the title will be answered. In spades.

I pointed that out too!
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#125New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 02:03:34
@LuckyCharms Said

Very interesting indeed.

Spoken exactly like a true Democrat. They know what's best for us all, not us.
Magically Delicious

#126New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 03:28:36
@ThePainefulTruth Said

Spoken exactly like a true Democrat. They know what's best for us all, not us.

No that's how you act.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Get that gosh darn chip off your shoulder. You are acting like a self righteous hypocrite and it's getting more than tiring. It's like you live in your own little bubble and invent reality just to suit your needs.

Get over yourself. You aren't that much.
Magically Delicious

#127New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 04:10:50
Ya know what? You're just not worth it. You're blind and arrogant and if I get punched for saying so, so be it.

I don't like to block people but your tripe just isn't worth wasting my time on.

So done and done.
Spinkiegirl On August 18, 2018

Chicago, Illinois
#128New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 05:01:29
@LuckyCharms Said

No that's how you act.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Get that gosh darn chip off your shoulder. You are acting like a self righteous hypocrite and it's getting more than tiring. It's like you live in your own little bubble and invent reality just to suit your needs.

You know what? I gotta support YOU lady!!!
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#129New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 13:28:04
@LuckyCharms Said

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Get that gosh darn chip off your shoulder.

Typical pot, kettle, emoting without substance etc.

Quote:
You are acting like a self righteous hypocrite and it's getting more than tiring.

Care to actually be specific on the hypocrite accusation, where, when, what, how. And yes, I'm sure the Truth is often painful. Better to hide than look at yourself in the mirror.

Quote:
It's like you live in your own little bubble and invent reality just to suit your needs.

Yeah, I guess reality would look like a bubble from fantasyland.

Quote:

Never said I was. BTW, if you got punched it wasn't me. I never gave you permission to offend me, and I guess the only way you ever could is if I got over myself.

BTW--Is all this emotional glass that's flying anything other than you just covering for the fact you don't have an answer for the OP, which weren't my words, but MLK's own niece's. But oh yeah, I forgot, you've blocked me.

Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#130New Post! Feb 21, 2012 @ 14:10:30
@jmo Said

I'd guess it's because black people in the USA are on average poorer than white people therefore it is in their interest to vote Democrat. No?

I've rescanned the posts and this is the closest thing to being a response to the elephant in the room, the OP.

BTW, the answer is No. Look around the world. The countries with the poorest populations by far, are those with oppressive regimes.
The more Democrat we become, the more oppressive and intrusive the government becomes, and the less free we become. And freedom is the mother's milk of success, fulfillment and happiness via minimally regulated capitalism.

@boxerdc Said

Especially if you're born white..

There's probably some truth to that, but it won't change until we start to become colorblind--something MLK (and his niece btw) advocated, but is ridiculed by the demagogued minorities following their white racist Plantation massahs and their black race war lord overseers. Forty-five years goin' on two-hundred.

The only way to become colorblind is to have equal justice for all. If there was ever a time to override equal justice with affirmative action, that time is long gone.

@Elza Said

It would be interesting, but if you're talking the economy, most people are conservative.

ONCE AGAIN, ANY LIBERAL HERE CARE TO ADDRESS THE OP?
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#131New Post! Feb 22, 2012 @ 02:27:29
@ThePainefulTruth Said

BTW--Is all this emotional glass that's flying anything other than you just covering for the fact you don't have an answer for the OP, which weren't my words, but MLK's own niece's. But oh yeah, I forgot, you've blocked me.

The OP is wrong. King was NOT a republican. His niece is a conservative so I'm not sure why you expect us to believe her lies.
Sorry, but you don't have anything of importance here.
"According to Fox News, Alveda King has "long argued" that Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican. In contradiction to King's statement, however, University of Cambridge historian David Garrow stated in a Salon profile of Alveda King regarding Martin Luther King: "King was not only not a Republican, he was well to the left of the Democratic Party of the 1960s [....] It’s also well-documented that Dr. King was a strong supporter of Planned Parenthood." Also, after the Republicans nominated Barry Goldwater (who voted against the Civil Rights Act) and Strom Thurmond became a Republican, Dr. King actively campaigned against Goldwater."
"Dr. King Foresees 'Social Disruption' If Goldwater Wins". New York Times: p. 66. September 13, 1964. "It is important for all responsible persons, he said, to see that Mr. Goldwater is defeated.There were 'dangerous signs of Hitlerism' in the program of the Republican candidate, Dr. King declared."
Magically Delicious

#132New Post! Feb 23, 2012 @ 01:40:01
@shinobinoz Said

The OP is wrong. King was NOT a republican. His niece is a conservative so I'm not sure why you expect us to believe her lies.
Sorry, but you don't have anything of importance here.
"According to Fox News, Alveda King has "long argued" that Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican. In contradiction to King's statement, however, University of Cambridge historian David Garrow stated in a Salon profile of Alveda King regarding Martin Luther King: "King was not only not a Republican, he was well to the left of the Democratic Party of the 1960s [....] It’s also well-documented that Dr. King was a strong supporter of Planned Parenthood." Also, after the Republicans nominated Barry Goldwater (who voted against the Civil Rights Act) and Strom Thurmond became a Republican, Dr. King actively campaigned against Goldwater."
"Dr. King Foresees 'Social Disruption' If Goldwater Wins". New York Times: p. 66. September 13, 1964. "It is important for all responsible persons, he said, to see that Mr. Goldwater is defeated.There were 'dangerous signs of Hitlerism' in the program of the Republican candidate, Dr. King declared."

Thank you for posting this.

The revisionist history bulls*** that is so rampant drives me bonkers. Not only do they revise history, but they do it to suit their own agenda. Then go on self righteous tirades based on that revised history. If that weren't bad enough they actually have the unmitigated gall to actually get offended when called on it.

It gets old fast.

But don't mind me, apparently I'm just too emotional.

restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#133New Post! Feb 23, 2012 @ 02:01:31
@LuckyCharms Said

Thank you for posting this.

The revisionist history bulls*** that is so rampant drives me bonkers. Not only do they revise history, but they do it to suit their own agenda. Then go on self righteous tirades based on that revised history. If that weren't bad enough they actually have the unmitigated gall to actually get offended when called on it.

It gets old fast.

But don't mind me, apparently I'm just too emotional.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs