n/a, New Mexico
#31New Post! Feb 13, 2012 @ 20:55:46

@restoreone Said

Why do I never get punched I feel so left out

Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#32New Post! Feb 13, 2012 @ 20:58:55

@DiscordTiger Said

Yes, I have done this before, removed a post to prevent someone else from continuing down a path that will lead to punches or bans.

Yeah I've seen it. Sometimes whole dialogues get removed even if it is just one person in there doing all the instigating.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#33New Post! Feb 13, 2012 @ 21:09:50

@Leon Said

Yeah I've seen it. Sometimes whole dialogues get removed even if it is just one person in there doing all the instigating.

Quoting the offending posts, does take out more of the conversation, and sometimes one or two, that will just look weird and out of place if we left them up, but the person didn't do anything wrong other than watching and acknowledging a train wreck in progress. And we have a few people that seem to constantly quote and make comments to egg other people into a fight. That's more a personality issue that makes someone annoying, rather than something that we can write into ToS. If there were no annoying people allowed, no one would be left. We all annoy someone.

I feel like I am rambling a lot this morning, and yes I realize it is well after noon even in my time zone.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#34New Post! Feb 14, 2012 @ 01:24:09

@someone_else Said

Awww bless you.

After I posted this I remembered talking to you in the "people blessing you" thread.

oh i forgave you for that within seconds ... and i never really felt you were attacking me ... in fact, you're so nice , i doubt you could make a proper fist
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#35New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 09:19:33

You won't be notified if it wasn't removed because of something you did wrong. Normally, if you do something wrong you'll get a punch and therefore are notified and can take corrective action.
Silly_Me On April 22, 2020

In a cave, United Kingdom
#36New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 11:26:19
@jonnythan Said

I know I've suggested previously that it would be very nice if TFS staff could alert (automatically or manually) a user when a post is deleted.

The answer to that has been no.

However, I found out today that users can still see their own posts after they've been removed. This strikes me as incredibly odd and counterproductive.

I had a post removed, apparently. I have no idea what post it is. I can still see the post. I have no idea why the post would have been removed. No one has said anything at all about it. How does this help anyone? If I did something that warrants removal, doesn't it make sense for me to find out about it? Or even be able to find out about it myself?

I was once told that the poster can still their deleted posts as its helps prevent the offending post being re posted. Maybe they didn't want you to repeat yourself
howmuchisthatdoggie On January 09, 2013

, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 11:42:22

@DiscordTiger Said

Yes, I have done this before, removed a post to prevent someone else from continuing down a path that will lead to punches or bans.

What?...does that mean you are removing posts BEFORE any deemed offence has actually taken place.

Quite an abuse of position, if you ask me .

Posters should be left to continue the thread until it either becomes offensive or diffused. The latter usually being what happens more than the former.

I thought Mods were supposed to monitor, not prejudge in arbitary fashion.
offbeat On November 18, 2022

london, United Kingdom
#38New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 13:06:04

@howmuchisthatdoggie Said

What?...does that mean you are removing posts BEFORE any deemed offence has actually taken place.

Quite an abuse of position, if you ask me .

Posters should be left to continue the thread until it either becomes offensive or diffused. The latter usually being what happens more than the former.

I thought Mods were supposed to monitor, not prejudge in arbitary fashion.

yes , well i hate to state the obvious ... but isn't that the way hitlers germany began
El_Tino On October 12, 2023
booyaka!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
#39New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 19:48:06
@offbeat Said

yes , well i hate to state the obvious ... but isn't that the way hitlers germany began

Before you know it, mods are going to be herding TFSers into rail cars
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#40New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 19:49:35

@El_Tino Said

I am already working on my comedy nazi walk.
raditz On April 20, 2024
Blah

Houston, Texas
#41New Post! Feb 19, 2012 @ 19:49:59

@El_Tino Said

Are socks safe? lol
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others