The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

God cannot know everything. Carnal love, reproduction or sex.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#61New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 17:36:07
@Wheezy_Knight Said

Lemme get this straight....

An alien supernatural entity of unknowable properties, creates a creature out of mud, then creates a clone of the first creature with the intention of the two clones reproducing themselves.
You then want me to agree or disagree whether the unknowable alien supernatural entity can mimic the emotions of the clones, emotions that the clones themselves have yet to adequately describe.

Did I miss something somewhere?

To answer your last question first, yes, quite a lot by the seems of it.

I suppose God is an alien in the sense that He is not of this earth.

There is nothing more natural than God as He is the source of everything that is natural.

Unknowable properties? In what sense? The bible makes t fairly clear, without actually putting it into words that God is basically highly intelligent energy. He has all the properties that are associated with an energy level so high that it can provide the power for every start in the universe, and not notice the loss. That is why no-one can ever see God. If they were to they would be fried in an instant.

Well the bible does say dust, rather than mud, but I think it is pretty safe to say that in this sense "dust" merely represents the smallest particles the early readers would have been able to imagine.

I think you can hardly call Eve a clone of Adam or her gender would have been the same. Best to think of her as a non exact copy with certain modifications at DNA level to allow for the development of differing organs. A very simple operation for a being with the intelligence to design everything else. They were also pre-built with the capacity to develop or adapt according to their environment, hence the wide variety of humans each adapted to their climate and surroundings.

Yes they were then "left" to reproduce themselves, but not without moral guidance, part of which in the end they ignored.

The same can be said for all the basic kinds that God created, though in their case the guidance was "hard wired" in which of course limits their free will somewhat more than that of humans. They two were endowed with the capacity to adapt, possibly to an even greater extent than humans.

There would be no need to mimic human emotions or feelings, after all He designed them in to us, along with the ability to control said emotions, as He does. Being a non-physical being I doubt He has the same physical feelings, but as their designer He knows what they are, but as the bible tells He does share the same emotional feelings, to their perfect state, so He can be hurt emotionally and made happy also. That is the sense in which He and His son created us in their image.

What is so difficult to understand in that little lot? I have known 5 year olds that could understand that easily enough.

Maybe it takes a child to understand it, and maybe that is why Christ said we had to become" as children"? Maybe that is why "Godly wisdom" is purer and less "polluted" than man's so called wisdom? After all it has been shown so many times that a child can often get to the heart of a problem faster than an adult, even when they don't know how to sort the program out, but then most parents have seen that in action.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#62New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 17:46:48
@MadCornishBiker Said

To answer your last question first, yes, quite a lot by the seems of it.

I suppose God is an alien in the sense that He is not of this earth.

There is nothing more natural than God as He is the source of everything that is natural.

Unknowable properties? In what sense? The bible makes t fairly clear, without actually putting it into words that God is basically highly intelligent energy. He has all the properties that are associated with an energy level so high that it can provide the power for every start in the universe, and not notice the loss. That is why no-one can ever see God. If they were to they would be fried in an instant.

Well the bible does say dust, rather than mud, but I think it is pretty safe to say that in this sense "dust" merely represents the smallest particles the early readers would have been able to imagine.

I think you can hardly call Eve a clone of Adam or her gender would have been the same. Best to think of her as a non exact copy with certain modifications at DNA level to allow for the development of differing organs. A very simple operation for a being with the intelligence to design everything else. They were also pre-built with the capacity to develop or adapt according to their environment, hence the wide variety of humans each adapted to their climate and surroundings.

Yes they were then "left" to reproduce themselves, but not without moral guidance, part of which in the end they ignored.

The same can be said for all the basic kinds that God created, though in their case the guidance was "hard wired" in which of course limits their free will somewhat more than that of humans. They two were endowed with the capacity to adapt, possibly to an even greater extent than humans.

There would be no need to mimic human emotions or feelings, after all He designed them in to us, along with the ability to control said emotions, as He does. Being a non-physical being I doubt He has the same physical feelings, but as their designer He knows what they are, but as the bible tells He does share the same emotional feelings, to their perfect state, so He can be hurt emotionally and made happy also. That is the sense in which He and His son created us in their image.

What is so difficult to understand in that little lot? I have known 5 year olds that could understand that easily enough.

Maybe it takes a child to understand it, and maybe that is why Christ said we had to become" as children"? Maybe that is why "Godly wisdom" is purer and less "polluted" than man's so called wisdom? After all it has been shown so many times that a child can often get to the heart of a problem faster than an adult, even when they don't know how to sort the program out, but then most parents have seen that in action.

MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#63New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 19:08:57

Yes, no doubt you'll need a few of those while you try to work that one out, lol.
Tar On April 28, 2014

San Antonio, Texas
#64New Post! Feb 10, 2012 @ 19:50:16
Was this topic a question on the logical arguments of god knowing everything or was it a dogmatic question?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs