AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#16New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 17:04:04
@futilevoice Said

I see your point. For these women it may be ideal.
What I'm worried about is the children. Is it healthy for them to have a father who has made a marriage committment to several women? How will they feel about love, marriage, being faithful?

To me this is no different than people who have open marriages and multiple sex partners. I don't know if this is a good idea, so many problems arise when spouses have other partners.

I think an important part of those relationships is that the women get along with each other and support each other. My husband and I actually have conversations every now and then about things that he doesn't have a problem with but I do. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't have that problem because he has a wife...I don't. If I had a wife doing the things for me that I do for him, I wouldn't have these problems.
xLETHAL_VIXENx On January 22, 2015
Logical Alien

Your pants, United States (gen
#17New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 18:27:59
This type of relationship is not traumatic to children, everyone thinks it is but their ignorant.
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#18New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 18:36:15
what she said^^ My kids dad has a girl he was with while I was still with him, they're fine.
Rehabilitation_Please On May 20, 2016
Has Tiger Blood

Peterborough, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 18:36:35
@xLETHAL_VIXENx Said

This type of relationship is not traumatic to children, everyone thinks it is but they're ignorant.

Fixed
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#20New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 18:49:17
I grew up in a different time. Sleeping with someones husband was considered shameful and it was especially bad if you had his child. The kids were considered bastards back when I was little.

Today it is not unusal for single women to have multiple baby daddies.

But I wonder why these Mormon polygamists don't take it a step further and allow their wives to have multiple husbands. It all seems a bit male chauvinistic to me.
lilkatangel On October 03, 2023

Northglenn, Colorado
#21New Post! Apr 02, 2012 @ 18:57:55
@futilevoice Said

I grew up in a different time. Sleeping with someones husband was considered shameful and it was especially bad if you had his child. The kids were considered bastards back when I was little.

Today it is not unusal for single women to have multiple baby daddies.

But I wonder why these Mormon polygamists don't take it a step further and allow their wives to have multiple husbands. It all seems a bit male chauvinistic to me.

It is, and by design, FLDS women along with other strict sects of Christianity, the wives are submissive to their husbands, thus the men marry multiply but the women are for their (one) husband alone.
Now, not being a Christian, I can have other partners the same as my man.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#22New Post! Apr 03, 2012 @ 17:45:17
The FLDS or Mormons are a male dominated society where women are used for sex and breeding purposes.
Why any woman would want her daughter to grow up in that type of environment I don't know. I would have to say I would not want my son to have multiple wives either.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs