Software

Photoshop

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#1New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 18:19:44
We are interesting in getting an adobe photoshop program, but don't know which to get, or what they do.

What program would be best for drawing, taking images out of pic, or putting them in; changing hair colors, background..and that sort of stuff?
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 18:34:06
@sTreetAngeL Said

We are interesting in getting an adobe photoshop program, but don't know which to get, or what they do.

What program would be best for drawing, taking images out of pic, or putting them in; changing hair colors, background..and that sort of stuff?

I would definitely reccomend elements to you, it's got all the features of original photoshop & more & is easier to use by guided sections. It's good for basic editing too, you unlock a layer save the photo as raw then it gives you a basic editing screen thay includes clarity & recovery, you can also recompose shots as u asked & lots lots more. It takes a little bit of exploring & getting used to but it's brilliant!
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#3New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 18:49:22
You'd probably do just fine with Paint.net to be honest. Photoshop Elements is good too.

I will warn you that the stuff you talk about is a lot tougher than you think it is. And Photoshop and other photo manipulation software sucks for drawing. If you want something more than MS Paint then you want to look at vector-based drawing like Illustrator, but that's not at all intuitive and takes a long time to learn.

Anything more than really basic photo manipulation, such as cropping and level correcting, can be rather daunting and technical and involve a great deal of time. I suggest you try Paint.net or a trial of Photoshop to see what you're getting into. Chances are if you're not willing to commit a lot of time and effort into this you shouldn't be spending money on it.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 19:00:12
If I get Elements, which should i choose? I would think 10 as it's the newest?? And does what the others do, plus more?
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#5New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 19:05:16
Elements 10.

Photoshop Elements is the consumer-oriented, cheap version of Photoshop. Regular Photoshop is $500.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#6New Post! Feb 03, 2012 @ 05:34:54
@sTreetAngeL Said

If I get Elements, which should i choose? I would think 10 as it's the newest?? And does what the others do, plus more?

Which ever one you choose , BTW I agree with jonnythan about paint . but what I was wanting to say is , All kinds of things can be done with photo edditting software , it takes practise and patirece , lots of time. One thing i was taught and haver since learned is the only way to come out with a finised product worth putting your name . practise, patiences, time and always work with the smallest area possible and save changes often
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs