The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Do You Think There are Enough God/Bible Threads on this Forum?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#106New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 22:44:17
@MadCornishBiker Said

Yes the bible refers to multiple gods, but only one True God, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ as Peter and Paul put it.

Certainly logic, because God created everything therefore any other gods came from what He created which means that He is superior to then as their creator.

Of course if you follow what the bible teaches, which I do, Jehovah is that one true God, and Satan is behind all the false ones trying to draw people away from the one true God.

You can also add in the fact that this creation is far too integrated to be the result of a "committee" of creators.

So, outside of the bible there is nothing that would logically (scientifically, mathematically, philosophically, etc) prove that there is only one god as opposed to 2, 3, or more.... correct?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#107New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 23:03:07
@DorkySupergirl Said

I was about to post the same thing. I was also going to post I think God has a tan but then I would be quoted and told I am being blasphemous.

Heretic!!!!

jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#108New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 23:44:16
@MadCornishBiker Said

Yes the bible refers to multiple gods, but only one True God, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ as Peter and Paul put it.

Certainly logic, because God created everything therefore any other gods came from what He created which means that He is superior to then as their creator.

Of course if you follow what the bible teaches, which I do, Jehovah is that one true God, and Satan is behind all the false ones trying to draw people away from the one true God.

You can also add in the fact that this creation is far too integrated to be the result of a "committee" of creators.

This amounts to "there are two opinions: the one I have and everything that's not that one."
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#109New Post! Feb 01, 2012 @ 23:59:06
@LuckyCharms Said

Heretic!!!!

I did not say it, I only said I was gonna say it.

@jonnythan Said

This amounts to "there are two opinions: the one I have and everything that's not that one."

So, God does not have a tan?
Reviso On November 23, 2014

Banned

Trenton, Canada
#110New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 00:31:47
@BozieFozie Said

This makes the most sense of any post in this thread............dear LORD!!!!!!!

You wanted a psychology for the religious experience I think. Instead the above was a mystical revelation. The LORD works in mysterious ways as instead He may reveal Himself in a personal will of your being yourself?
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#111New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 00:39:50
@DorkySupergirl Said

I did not say it, I only said I was gonna say it.

Close enough. It's the thought that counts, they say.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#112New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 09:13:21
@chaski Said

So, outside of the bible there is nothing that would logically (scientifically, mathematically, philosophically, etc) prove that there is only one god as opposed to 2, 3, or more.... correct?

Apart, I believe, from the inter-reliance of everything in creation. To have something like that come about through a "committee" would be, I believe, impossible, because if there was more than one equal god then they would have to agree, and any gods who were created by one original would again be subservient and therefore leaving us with one true God.

Science demonstrates how inter-reliant everything is so to me that is scientific proof.

Of course the fact that so much in history and archaeology, and yes, even science, back up the bibles story helps to make the bible authoritative.

What better as evidence than an eye witness account? and that is, after all, what the bible is.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#113New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 09:14:01
@jonnythan Said

No, it's the opinion God has, and He is the only one who counts.
woodss On February 26, 2024

#114New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 09:40:59
@jonnythan Said

Mr. Angry sun is at it again.
And so is Santa.
woodss On February 26, 2024

#115New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 09:41:43
@MadCornishBiker Said

No, it's the opinion God has, and He is the only one who counts.

Shhh. Santa.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#116New Post! Feb 02, 2012 @ 12:23:41
Oh s***s the inter-reliance proves it!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others