The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Are faith, God and love without deeds, dead?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#31New Post! Jan 26, 2012 @ 21:46:38
@arcades Said

lol that makes 2 canadians.

Im never sure what reviso is saying, seems like language barrier problem.

My theory is that he/she forms answers in French then mangles them through a poor French/English translator, then posts the result. This for a "larf". ha ha ha ho ho ho he he he.

Otherwise, as you - and DL say - his/her posts are unintelligible.

Just another reason for giving this place a miss.

By the way, woodss, is a troll, just fishing for larfs. Told me so himself in a PM.

Best to know these things.

arcades On August 08, 2013

Northbay, Canada
#32New Post! Jan 26, 2012 @ 21:59:29
@tariki Said

My theory is that he/she forms answers in French then mangles them through a poor French/English translator, then posts the result. This for a "larf". ha ha ha ho ho ho he he he.

Otherwise, as you - and DL say - his/her posts are unintelligible.

Just another reason for giving this place a miss.

By the way, woodss, is a troll, just fishing for larfs. Told me so himself in a PM.

Best to know these things.

Yes the translator thing makes sense, I think your right.

I remember reading a post(i think in forum hole) yesterday where woodss mentioned he trolled for years so I am not suprised.

Still his comments are funny and not all of them seem to be trolling.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#33New Post! Jan 26, 2012 @ 22:11:15
@arcades Said

Yes the translator thing makes sense, I think your right.

I remember reading a post(i think in forum hole) yesterday where woodss mentioned he trolled for years so I am not suprised.

Still his comments are funny and not all of them seem to be trolling.

No I don't think they are all trolling, but he is something of an attention seeker. Sad really, one never knows when to take him seriously.

Northbay, Canada
#34New Post! Jan 26, 2012 @ 22:30:44
@MadCornishBiker Said

No I don't think they are all trolling, but he is something of an attention seeker. Sad really, one never knows when to take him seriously.

true, an unfortunate effect of trolling.

lol for him anyways.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#35New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 00:43:51
@MadCornishBiker Said

Is it what you are saying that isn't being understood, or why or earth you are saying something so obviously wrong. Obvious to us with relatively open minds and even more open eyes that is. Those of us without blind anti-god bigotry as their main bulwark.

Not sure if I want to have my eyes opened.

Do you not recall the immoral hissy fit God threw at A & E and the whole world the first time they did their free will instead of God's retarded will?

Regards
DL

Northbay, Canada
#36New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 01:04:04
@GreatestIam2 Said

Do you not recall the immoral hissy fit God threw at A & E and the whole world the first time they did their free will instead of God's retarded will?

Regards
DL

Nah god was just pretending he was pissed, after all he knew it would happen before hand.

According to bible based religion he let this suffering all happen to prove a point of sovereignty, that we couldn't do it our own.

So if you ever happen to go to africa and the starving children ask you why god lets people suffer you can just reply.

"don't worry it's just a 6000 year old test so god can make a point"

Lol god loves you even though he acts like he hates you.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#37New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 01:06:49
@arcades Said

lol that makes 2 canadians.

Im never sure what reviso is saying, seems like language barrier problem.

ahh, the Tower of Babel.

Another petty act of God, as if an arrow could hurt him.

Northbay, Canada
#38New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 01:15:10
@Wheezy_Knight Said

ahh, the Tower of Babel.

Another petty act of God, as if an arrow could hurt him.

Was that the same tower that god told some guy and his wife not to look back and his wife did and she turned to stone?

I remember that story from child hood.

God must have hired madusa to do his dirty work lol.
Wheezy_Knight On February 24, 2012

Deleted

Ankh-Morpork, United Kingdom
#39New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 01:20:10
@arcades Said

Was that the same tower that god told some guy and his wife not to look back and his wife did and she turned to stone?

I remember that story from child hood.

God must have hired madusa to do his dirty work lol.

Nah, you are talking about soddom and gomorrah, and it was a pillar of salt?

No, some guy built a big tower and fired an arrow at the heavens, so God cursed all men to speak in different languages, and set the stage for misunderstanding and wars.

Seems a bit of a strong reaction by a God to me.

Banned

#40New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 08:41:44
@GreatestIam2 Said

Regards
DL

Well with that attitude you need your eye's opened. You are talking anarchy. Would you extend that to anarchy against man's laws? Somehow I doubt it from your previous posts. After all that principle, as you apply it to God, would mean that if someone wanted to steal your property you would not be able to do anything at all about it, except maybe steal it back sometime.

God didn't throw a"hissy fit" He simply enforced what He had already told them would happen. How could you respect someone who didn't keep their word? He said they would die if that disobeyed one simple rule. They disobeyed it, and even worse Adam did nothing to try and sort it out. If they couldn't be trusted to obey one simple rule what hope was there for their descendent? None.

On top of that Adam and Eve didn't use their freewill, they abused it. There is a big difference. Free will has limits, and has to have, because there is no use trying to push your choices into and area you are not qualified to choose. We all have free will, but that free will is limited by Law, whether that be God's Law or man's.

What is the point in making rules you don't enforce? What the point in having laws against theft if no-one ever enforces them?

You really do need to do a lot of re-thinking in your life, let alone your attitude to God.

Ottawa, Canada
#41New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 14:18:39
MadCornishBiker

"Well with that attitude you need your eye's opened. You are talking anarchy."

Not at all. I am talking of ignoring and even fighting stupid laws and commandments.

Like God's command that man stay as dumb as cows.

"Would you extend that to anarchy against man's laws?"

In line with what I said above. Yes. Poor laws should be overruled.

"God didn't throw a"hissy fit" He simply enforced what He had already told them would happen."

I thought you knew your bible!
God gave one consequence, good or evil to the act.
After the act, he gave many more consequences than what he had said. That is a lie of omission.
Go do a count after you read the story for the first time or be seen as a liar.

" How could you respect someone who didn't keep their word?"

Exactly. God did not keep his word as shown by the count of consequences.

"He said they would die if that disobeyed one simple rule."

How many rules does it take before free will is breached?

"They disobeyed it,"

Yes. They did the right thing and followed the good advise of the bible to try to be as perfect as God.

"and even worse Adam did nothing to try and sort it out. If they couldn't be trusted to obey one simple rule what hope was there for their descendent? None."

Adam also showed good sense and that is why those who have more authority to interpret Eden, the Jews, saw it as man's elevation.
Only a fool would see becoming as God as a fall.

Regards
DL

Banned

#42New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 17:49:09
@GreatestIam2 Said

MadCornishBiker

"Well with that attitude you need your eye's opened. You are talking anarchy."

Not at all. I am talking of ignoring and even fighting stupid laws and commandments.

Like God's command that man stay as dumb as cows.

"Would you extend that to anarchy against man's laws?"

In line with what I said above. Yes. Poor laws should be overruled.

"God didn't throw a"hissy fit" He simply enforced what He had already told them would happen."

After the act, he gave many more consequences than what he had said. That is a lie of omission.

" How could you respect someone who didn't keep their word?"

Exactly. God did not keep his word as shown by the count of consequences.

"He said they would die if that disobeyed one simple rule."

How many rules does it take before free will is breached?

"They disobeyed it,"

Yes. They did the right thing and followed the good advise of the bible to try to be as perfect as God.

"and even worse Adam did nothing to try and sort it out. If they couldn't be trusted to obey one simple rule what hope was there for their descendent? None."

Adam also showed good sense and that is why those who have more authority to interpret Eden, the Jews, saw it as man's elevation.
Only a fool would see becoming as God as a fall.

Regards
DL

Anarchy is exactly what you are talking about because all anarchists think that the laws and rules they defy are either stupid, wrong, or both.

Anyway, who are you to choose which rules are sensible or not? Do you have sufficient depth of insight to know exactly how every action will affect others around you? No you don't, and you demonstrate that graphically with every post on here. No human does, we cannot even always recognise what is good for our selfish desires let alone anyone else.

God created everything so who better to know the rules that would benefit us most, and after all, there was only one rule in the Garden of Eden, and as humanity has continually demonstrated ever since, it was an extremely sensible rule, because without it we simply continually mess up.

The Jews say it was an elevation because, having rejected the Messiah, they have to try to discredit the very documents which should have led to them recognising him had they not decided they didn't want what was on offer. Like you, they tried to tell God what was right and what was wrong, and they have paid the price for that stupidity by being rejected as His people. That very rejection shows that they actually have no scriptural authority whatever.

If the Jews were a reliable source of scriptural information they would never have believed they could reject the Messiah and get away with it, they would have learned from their own history that it simply doesn't work like that.

Banned

#43New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 17:58:58
@GreatestIam2 Said

Well I evidently know the bible better than you because God told then they ate from it they would die if they ate of it.

These are the first recorded words of God to Adam. Genesis 2:16 "And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die." There is no mention of them knowing good and bad if they ate, merely of them dying, which they did indeed commence to do. As for knowing good and bad when they ate of it. Yes they knew good and bad. The problem was they lost any real idea of which was which.

As the old saying goes, "to the innocent, all things are innocent". Why? because the truly innocent cannot even think of bad things, neither do they ever suspect others of doing so. They are pure at heart, as Adam and Eve were before they disobeyed.

Ottawa, Canada
#44New Post! Jan 27, 2012 @ 18:04:55
You did not count the consequences or acknowledge the fact that God just arbitrarily added unknown ones to the punishment.

That is dishonest on your part.

Do as I asked and give an honest count or be seen as a liar who will not seek the truth.

Regards

DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs