Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
CharmmyVee On November 24, 2012

Deleted

Here, way out here, New Mexico
#31New Post! Jan 25, 2012 @ 00:42:13
@Leon Said

I'll just save myself time and ask you which is the best and why.

well, tbh I settled on the Kindle app because I was tired of fighting it. it's not much different than the Nook app, except for the glitches, which has never been a problem with the Kindle. I was looking for something more customizable. Rotation lock, font and such. Not many of them let you change the font, just the font size. Stanza has a few different fonts to choose from, but I couldn't figure out how to get my books on there. and then one of Apple's updates a few months back negated the need to have an e-reader with a rotation lock. So that didn't matter anymore. I still would like to be able to use Stanza more though, it'd probably be my favorite. I'm a font weirdo
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#32New Post! Jan 25, 2012 @ 00:47:37
@CharmmyVee Said

well, tbh I settled on the Kindle app because I was tired of fighting it. it's not much different than the Nook app, except for the glitches, which has never been a problem with the Kindle. I was looking for something more customizable. Rotation lock, font and such. Not many of them let you change the font, just the font size. Stanza has a few different fonts to choose from, but I couldn't figure out how to get my books on there. and then one of Apple's updates a few months back negated the need to have an e-reader with a rotation lock. So that didn't matter anymore. I still would like to be able to use Stanza more though, it'd probably be my favorite. I'm a font weirdo

Lol, yeah I know all about your font pickiness.

Yeah, the rotation thing would get to me as well, but, like you say, with iOS 5 you can now lock it - on the iPad anyways. iBooks allows you to change font size too, and I'm pretty happy with just that, so I might just stick with it. Is there a difference in the store selection with each of these? I noticed that iBooks didn't have all the Wheel of Time books.

Deleted

#33New Post! Jan 25, 2012 @ 00:51:05
@Leon Said

Lol, yeah I know all about your font pickiness.

Yeah, the rotation thing would get to me as well, but, like you say, with iOS 5 you can now lock it - on the iPad anyways. iBooks allows you to change font size too, and I'm pretty happy with just that, so I might just stick with it. Is there a difference in the store selection with each of these? I noticed that iBooks didn't have all the Wheel of Time books.

Yeah, another reason I use the Kindle app. When I first started using iBooks their selection wasn't very good. I'm sure it's gotten better now. Amazon has more though, I believe.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#34New Post! Jan 25, 2012 @ 00:53:47
@CharmmyVee Said

Yeah, another reason I use the Kindle app. When I first started using iBooks their selection wasn't very good. I'm sure it's gotten better now. Amazon has more though, I believe.

Oh right, Kindle is Amazon. Yeah, I would think they would have a lot more, as, after all, Amazon started off as a book store way back (hard to think of it that way now though lol).

Deleted

#35New Post! Jan 25, 2012 @ 00:56:33
@Leon Said

Oh right, Kindle is Amazon. Yeah, I would think they would have a lot more, as, after all, Amazon started off as a book store way back (hard to think of it that way now though lol).

yeah, they have a pretty extensive selection.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs