This is so superficial !

The logic explanation:
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jan 21, 2012 @ 11:21:09
@Electric_Banana Said

Agree that this what most people do.

Taking the time to observe why the crack is there and proceeding to learn how to go about fixing it is a big part of empathy.

Without empathy mobs riot, burn at the stake and crucify.

I believe this is due to a defence mechanism that gets out of hand. What the preachers refer to as 'Satan' but giving that part of the mind imaginary sentience and personality only serves to fuel the fire and generate more paranoia thus throwing that side of the mind even further out of alignment.

I believe the statement "Pearls before Swine" refers to respecting yourself enough to not remain in situations where you are not appreciated, especially to the point of being disadvantaged, defamed or suppressed.

For the safety of one's self it is not good to keep trying to demonstrate good before those who only want to demonstrate harm.

It may be what most people do, but to get at the truth of anything you have to look at it from all angles, the positive and the negative, playing devils advocate with yourself if necessary (though it's much more fun if you can find someone else to do so, lol).

It's all very well looking for the strengths of your belief, but one has to probe the weaknesses also, which is what the bible encourages us to do when it says "make sure of all things, hold fast to what is fine.

One can only do that if one is prepared to be proven wrong, preferably by yourself, but if necessary by others.

That is one of the reasons I love posting on here and getting responses, because when someone raises an objection I am forced to face it from all side to prove it either right or wrong, and that has always been my way, even as a child. Without it I either would never have become an atheist in the first (or should that be second) place, or had to change my mind again and become the man of faith I am today.

Truth is truth, whether we like it, are comfortable with it, or not. That is an important thing to face, and so few do. Far to many prefer to believe that with which they are most comfortable. After a while, truth becomes the only things you are comfortable with, since you learn to adapt yourself to it.
Electric_Banana On April 24, 2024

, New Zealand
#18New Post! Jan 21, 2012 @ 11:32:46
@Eagle Said

This is so superficial !

The logic explanation:

More so than worried about religion I'm more concerned with possible mind experimentation - That video is a bit too 'artsy' for me to watch completely.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#19New Post! Jan 23, 2012 @ 03:16:03
@Electric_Banana Said

More so than worried about religion I'm more concerned with possible mind experimentation - That video is a bit too 'artsy' for me to watch completely.

S'why we use filters to watch and study the Sun. Even a flash-in-the-pan can be blinding.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs