"If the gods are conscious" Some of us see better in the dark

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 07:23:22
@LovetheProcess Said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11UQ4CQznLk&list=WL350D50A0690B4152&index=6&feature=plpp_video

Reb, would it be possible to get some kind of summary?

This video goes on for an hour and fifteen minutes.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#17New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 08:48:18
@Electric_Banana Said

The trick is to recognize the cavern as solitude and sanctuary and not fear it. In doing so that match kicks starts into a massive spotlight and that is where my clearest communion takes place with the intellect providing my deepest and most profound of insights.

I think some people need to start realizing that the darkness they fear is that which they work much better within and the only malevolent activity taking place is imaginary due to fear of the transition and struggling too hard to run back out immediately.

OK the darkness is not evil, it's a mental state, but since you don't physically live in darkness, it is still symbolic and therefore a worthy guide. Your match to spotlight analogy tells me that you value light over darkness and that you desire to overcome the darkness at least to a degree. So, is it your desire to get out of the cavern, create some openings to let the outside light in, find/create more internal light sources, or.....what?

Symbolic or reality, darkness is always the absence of light.
ThePainefulTruth On May 06, 2013
Verum est Deus

Deleted

Peoria, Arizona
#18New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 09:04:14
Daylight, cloudy gray day, twilight, dim light or total darkness, I like 'em all. The firefly is one of my favorite creatures. Variety is the spice of life. I could go on but I'll just close with this, whatever it means:

Electric_Banana On April 20, 2024

, New Zealand
#19New Post! Jan 07, 2012 @ 19:30:46
@ThePainefulTruth Said

OK the darkness is not evil, it's a mental state, but since you don't physically live in darkness, it is still symbolic and therefore a worthy guide. Your match to spotlight analogy tells me that you value light over darkness and that you desire to overcome the darkness at least to a degree. So, is it your desire to get out of the cavern, create some openings to let the outside light in, find/create more internal light sources, or.....what?

Symbolic or reality, darkness is always the absence of light.

Well that's the whole thing - I don't think anyone would choose to be illogically insane lil' gremlins running around - that's just absurd.

A lot of these old religions and philosophy's are centred around subjective perceptions of people who were suffering some form of mental illness.

Where it gets confusing is that, although mentally ill, not all strange experiences are delusional it is just the individual's subjective association that is making those strange instances appear worse than what they actually are.

And often times our subjective associations have been conditioned and influenced by many who came through here before us.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs