The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Entertainment:
Television

Favourite pilot TV shows...that never made it!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
MAW On October 31, 2012

Deleted

Stockport, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 09:57:00
For me it was the Norliss Tapes (1973) starring Roy Thinnes.

This, if you watch the whole show on youtube, was going to be made into a series on the lines of The Night Stalker but unfortunately we never find out what was on the other tapes.
This is a great pilot, the kind of horror that TV was made for. So, what are your favourite pilot TV shows that never go their own shows?
JustMeAgain On January 03, 2014
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 10:38:50
I saw the US pilot of Red Dwarf. It looked OK, but it wasn't the same or as good as the UK version, despite that Rob Lewellyn reprised his role as Kryten.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#3New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 10:55:17
@JustMeAgain Said

I saw the US pilot of Red Dwarf. It looked OK, but it wasn't the same or as good as the UK version, despite that Rob Lewellyn reprised his role as Kryten.

That sounds horrible
JustMeAgain On January 03, 2014
Is it fish?

Derby, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Dec 30, 2011 @ 17:23:00
@Wellard Said

That sounds horrible

It wasn't brilliant.
Komentenmelodie On May 25, 2018

#5New Post! Apr 09, 2018 @ 18:21:57
Could not stand the original
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Apr 09, 2018 @ 20:11:32
Was never a red dwarf fan, just couldn't get into it.

I don't have any pilots i wish made it to production but I have a few that were cancelled too early (Flash Forward, The Event. to name a couple)
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#7New Post! Apr 09, 2018 @ 22:06:19
Ninjamaica was an awesome animated show that was one of ten show ideas submitted to the Teletoon Pilot Project quite a few years ago. Sadly they weren't chosen, but I thought it was hilarious with how it was set up and what they ran with.

The premise was that a Jamaican Ninja, aptly named Ninjamaica, is pulled up in a fishing net out in the Arctic Sea. The Japanese and Russian workers argue whether he's a Jamaican or a Ninja, but in their own native languages. It's funny because it gives you a subtle, but really interesting idea that they've been working on the boat so long, they're fluent in both their own and their partner's language to the point where they can just communicate back and forth in Russian/Japanese respectively without there being any mix-ups. Which is amazing considering Japan and Russia to this day still harbour ill-will towards each other for WW2.

Anyways, it's like Jason Bourne meets both Cheech and Chong in the same person, but Jamaican. It's funny for what it was, it had a lot of smart jokes and things thta kinda made you think. It very subtly touched on the fact that Jamaica's not as nice as the tourism posters claim it to be, but the people there are still keeping on.

It was much better than Fugget About It, the show that won despite being 5th overall in terms of voting. Italian mobster kills his boss and rats out his associates, so him and his family are put in Witness Protection in Saskatchewan. It's okay, but not as good as the other one. Although the opening scenes are usually pretty funny. Like the one where he explains why Italians talk with their hands.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs