Atheists vs Believers in Science

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#16New Post! Dec 27, 2011 @ 15:57:45
@alk1975 Said

OK, and? I was speaking in generalizations. We all do it in virtually every aspect of life. We look for things that confirm our beliefs, whether it's a religious belief, a belief about your creepy neighbor's shady character, or even a political belief. We all do it all the time. Of course, the more times A PERSON confirms a belief with info THEY have sought out, the more THEY become convinced. The more THEY are convinced THEY are right, the less THEY are open to the possibility that THEIR view is wrong, and the more "fanatical" THEY get about it. This is not new information, which is my only point about the article. It's really not new information.

Well, instead of using You how about PERSON? I'm glad you knew about this study but it's new scientific information for me.
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#17New Post! Dec 28, 2011 @ 00:34:07
@Forumless Said

Well, instead of using You how about PERSON? I'm glad you knew about this study but it's new scientific information for me.

Why are you taking this so personally? As far as the language I use, I wasn't aware that the TOS say I can't use You in the general form. As for using Person/they together, that's poor grammar. I'd rather not.
futilevoice On October 07, 2016

Deleted

, Illinois
#18New Post! Dec 31, 2011 @ 00:52:24
@Forumless Said

I agree. I'm always impressed when I hear how powerful our minds really are.

I agree. I can understand why people have hallucinations or see visions, where I did not understand that before.

Our minds or imaginations are designed to help us, even protect us in some cases. The body does not know what is imagined or real unless the brain tells us so. In cases of emotional or physical crisis, the brain can create another world for us which alleviates pain. This world can be very real to the person and thus create a state in which the person does not feel as much pain.

So, I beleive these visions are actually a form of protection for us strange as that may seem.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs