Once a cheat, always a cheat? (Poll)

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#63New Post! Jan 21, 2012 @ 16:23:59
@alk1975 Said

Bull s***. The cheater does have to take responsibility, and I always always always require that the cheater take that responsibility when I am counseling couples regarding affairs. Therapy cannot and will not move forward if it is not so. HOWEVER, it also will NOT move forward if the "victim" does not take some responsibility for the collusion involved in the affair. It is always there. And they are not innocent where the affair is concerned most of the time.

Ok, to quote you "bull s***". People who cheat do so because it is what they decide. They are freely making that choice. No one is forcing them to cheat. If they feel they are not getting what they need form the relationship then they have a number of choices. First up they can simply leave and seek what they feel is missing elsewhere. Secondly they can simply remain within the relationship and accept that they will not necessarily have all of their 'needs' met, or thirdly they can discuss with their partner what their concerns are. How they feel and what they think is missing. Depending on their partners reactio they can then as a couple choose to work on the relationship or they can end the relationship. But cheaters dont do this. They take the selfish and gutless way out and attempt to have it both ways. They make decisions based purely on what they think will most benefit them and they either dont care or dont even consider how their actions may impact upon others.

People who cheat always do so of their own free wil. They are never forced to cheat, they choose to cheat so so say that anyone else ought to take any ofd the responsibility for their actions, their decisions is bull s***. it really is.

By the way, to use the word "collusion" is, to use your words "bull s***".

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#64New Post! Jan 21, 2012 @ 16:26:59
@alk1975 Said

Bull s***. The cheater does have to take responsibility, and I always always always require that the cheater take that responsibility when I am counseling couples regarding affairs. Therapy cannot and will not move forward if it is not so. HOWEVER, it also will NOT move forward if the "victim" does not take some responsibility for the collusion involved in the affair. It is always there. And they are not innocent where the affair is concerned most of the time.

Your decision to preface your opinions by refering to my views as bull s*** did somewhat change the tone of our exchange of opinions. Such a change in tone i think was, and is, unnecessary.

Anyway, when it comes to cheating you have your opinion and i have mine...
alk1975 On August 11, 2016

Jackson, Missouri
#65New Post! Jan 21, 2012 @ 16:41:33
@shadowen Said

Your decision to preface your opinions by refering to my views as bull s*** did somewhat change the tone of our exchange of opinions. Such a change in tone i think was, and is, unnecessary.

Anyway, when it comes to cheating you have your opinion and i have mine...

I call it as I see it, but you are correct. I usually refrain from words such as bull s***, and it was unnecessary. My apologies for the term.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#66New Post! Jan 21, 2012 @ 16:47:35
@alk1975 Said

I call it as I see it, but you are correct. I usually refrain from words such as bull s***, and it was unnecessary. My apologies for the term.

And i call it as i see it!

No worries though. We see things differently. End of story.
ucag00ner On January 24, 2012

, United Kingdom
#67New Post! Jan 23, 2012 @ 16:24:03
So true.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#68New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 22:18:43
I can't really answer this. I never been in a relationship to add my two cents. I can still make a guess and say that it is possible?? I shall leave with that
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#69New Post! Jan 24, 2012 @ 23:04:27
Once a person has cheated they are a cheater.

For me there are 2 comparisons:

1) Virginity, once you have lost it you are no longer a virgin... once you have cheated you are a cheater.

2) Alcoholic: A person that is an alcoholic is an alcoholic forever. They may or may not be controlling it, but they are none the less an alcoholic forever.

Cheaters... are scum. If you want someone else break-up and move on. If you love the person you are with, show some love and respect... keep your pants up/skirt down. Period.

For you non-cheaters: Forgive all you want, but remember... that person cheated before. If you are gullible enough to believe they wont do it to you... well don't complain when they break your heart.
PerlaDelMar On June 02, 2014

New York, New York
#70New Post! Jan 29, 2012 @ 01:24:59
Take that!

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#71New Post! Feb 11, 2012 @ 16:55:51
@chaski Said

...If you want someone else break-up and move on. If you love the person you are with, show some love and respect... keep your pants up/skirt down. Period.

Well said
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs