Religion & Philosophy

Is love real?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Electric_Banana On about 13 hours ago

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 10:13:07
Also, in some parts of the world I sort of suspect that Church dress code was initiated to make it difficult for the paupers to sit in with the aristocrats.
CausaMortis On April 20, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#17New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 10:44:53
To me love is that special little feeling you get way down in the cockles of your heart that makes you do strange things like blow a thousand bucks on a stripper in Vegas. Even more unsettling is when love puts you in mortal fear of your very life like when wild, roving packs of birds start scratching and clawing at your flesh because they are trying to get at a slice of moldy cheese you unwittingly left in the inside of your coat pocket. Love can also be like when your best friend Jon stops hassling you every day at work because he wants you "to pay back that 1000 bucks you owe him, ever since you blew off this place and went on vacation."

Mostly though love comes in small surprises and when you least expect it like when baby penguins cry themselves to sleep because their mother is at a bar getting drunk.

If given more time I could probably give better examples of love, but I've found that many these things will get you picked up by the police and held over night for questioning, so it's probably best to avoid them.

, New Zealand
#18New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:02:46
@CausaMortis Said

Mostly though love comes in small surprises and when you least expect it like when baby penguins cry themselves to sleep because their mother is at a bar getting drunk.

Ironically this is love felt via recognizing the value of someone because they are absent.
CausaMortis On April 20, 2012

San Antonio, Texas
#19New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:13:23
@Electric_Banana Said

Ironically this is love felt via recognizing the value of someone because they are absent.

Some people may think my notion of love is too old fashioned and unrealistic, but if loving my country, my cat, my girlfriend, my sister, my wife, my wife's sister, and my wife's sister's cat make me strange, then I guess I'm guilty as charged.

but to me love is very real and passionate, but very illegal in at least 6 states I've lived in the past.

, New Zealand
#20New Post! Dec 16, 2011 @ 11:21:50
@CausaMortis Said

but to me love is very real and passionate, but very illegal in at least 6 states I've lived in the past.

All joking aside Scotland imprisoned a brother and sister, for life, for falling in love with one another.

Now I really don't go for incest myself but if you could've seen the documentary the love they had for one another was more powerful and genuine than most people will ever find.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs