The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums: Technology & Internet:
Software

What backup tool is better?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Which of these programs produces the best results?
Alcohol 120%
Blind Write
Clone CD
CDRWIN
Daemon Tools
Disc Juggler
Nero Burning ROM
Power ISO
Ultra ISO
View Results
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Dec 13, 2011 @ 15:38:06
I currently own Ultra Iso Premium edition, Nero Burning ROM and Alcohol 120%. I have also installed many other ISO creator programs and experimented with them all. I cannot decide which of them is better. Some create slightly bigger files, others smaller. I would like to know which of the ISO formats is the most reliable and practical. Please, enlighten me.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#2New Post! Jan 09, 2012 @ 15:45:58
May I ask why there has been no feedback on this thread. Surely, there are those of you who at least know some of these programs. They are very useful in backing up games and other important computer programs.

Indeed, I have used them and have read reviews, but there are so many of these efficient programs that it´s hard to determine which is the more reliable. Please, let´s discuss this topic.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Jan 09, 2012 @ 15:52:57
I don't use a programme to back up, I have an external hard drive that I use instead. I do use PowerISO for other things though and that's easy to use. I don't like Demon Tools though.

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#4New Post! Jan 09, 2012 @ 15:57:14
@sister_of_mercy Said

I don't use a programme to back up, I have an external hard drive that I use instead. I do use PowerISO for other things though and that's easy to use. I don't like Demon Tools though.

I have a question about Power ISO 4.9, actually. I can´t get it to autoplay any images. It mounts them, but I have to manually right click the virtual drive and then left click autoplay to make it work.

I´ve enabled autoplay in the configuration box, but it doesn´t solve the problem. What can I do to correct this issue?
davii On January 14, 2013
I'm Awesome

Deleted

London, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Jan 09, 2012 @ 15:57:30
@Conflict Said

May I ask why there has been no feedback on this thread. Surely, there are those of you who at least know some of these programs. They are very useful in backing up games and other important computer programs.

Indeed, I have used them and have read reviews, but there are so many of these efficient programs that it´s hard to determine which is the more reliable. Please, let´s discuss this topic.

I'll be looking into this soon, as I'll need to transfer things to a new drive, but I thought there were tools in Vista onwards for doing this kind of thing without need of a 3rd party program

Clone is the only one I've heard of, mainly due to people either complain about it. That was a few years back mind you.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Jan 09, 2012 @ 15:59:42
@Conflict Said

I have a question about Power ISO 4.9, actually. I can´t get it to autoplay any images. It mounts them, but I have to manually right click the virtual drive and then left click autoplay to make it work.

I´ve enabled autoplay in the configuration box, but it doesn´t solve the problem. What can I do to correct this issue?

I should say that I am awful at computers so I might not be the best person to ask. I think I have to do that as well, might be some kind of configuration issue.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs