Forums:
Relationships

I'm 13, but i think i've fallen for my best guy friend,have i? Need advic

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
maddyalzo On June 18, 2012

Norwich, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Dec 05, 2011 @ 19:28:41
This is going to be long but i need advice so please read on..
Its now december and i've been friends with my best guy friend for several months now. He is the sweetest most loveliest person i know, and i was luck to have him as my friend. He used to send me messages like 'morning baby' and 'hows my favourite girl?' No-one has ever treated me like this before and i think its gone to my head. It took me ages just to get the courage to go and hug him,but now i live for his hugs.
Anyway, i think i've fallen for him, every single thing i did, he popped into my mind, i changed as a person, i used to sit by my phone praying he'd call or text. (since we became friends we've text every single day). i used to go weak when i saw him. Bless him, hes not the best looking guy but hes beautiful to me,inside and out. he became a part of everything i did.
he started to like this girl, this girl is one of my close friends. they recently started going out and it tears me apart to watch them together, to watch him hold her and now he gazes into her eyes. sometimes i go to the toilet crying. Its gotten so bad i cant even stay with my usual group of friends anymore because i cant cope seeing him with her.
Lately,we havent been talking as much, he ignores me at school, hes off with me. I dont know what ive done to him? he never sends me those messages anymore,he doesnt seem to care. I know his girlfriend wouldn't have told him not to talk to me because me+her are good friends and she knows how close we are/were. I never told him how i felt,but i hinted to him i liked him and he didnt ever pick up on it.
i deleted his texts/numbers so i wont be tempted to text him but ist hurting me not to. I cant count how many times i've cried because im loosing my bestfriend. being friends with him is more important at the minute but im scared im loosing him of that. I would never split him and his girlfriend up. I listen to sad songs that remind me of him, is this sad?

sorry this is so long but i really do need help, what should i do? even better..how can i get over him?xo

Norwich, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Dec 05, 2011 @ 19:51:18
please help me
smilelove On September 01, 2013
Ninja Dreamer

Somewhere, Ohio
#3New Post! Dec 05, 2011 @ 22:03:48
This is going to sound terrible, but enjoy it.

And yes I know it's not enjoyable for you. It feels like you lost everything you live for, but relationships get even more complicated the older you get and trust me it is better to like somebody like that that you can't have than to deal with all of the dating crap when you get older and it gets more complicated.
I know it hurts to hear, but he wants to date the girl he is dating and not you...but don't take it to heart. You're young and guys your age don't know how to recognize a girl that's worth anything and they won't until they get older. Then some of them turn around....
You can't do anything to get over him. Your best bet is to wait until you meet a guy that's actually decent and realize what it's like to actually be in a relationship with love involved.

Trust me when I say that it's better to be on your end. That girl may seem happier right now, but you are better off....actually you are better off staying out of relationships until you are 18, but considering that's unrealistic 16 will do.
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#4New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 03:07:25
"I know his girlfriend wouldn't have told him not to talk to me because me+her are good friends and she knows how close we are/were. I never told him how i felt,but i hinted to him i liked him and he didnt ever pick up on it."

And this is exactly why I do think his girlfriend is keeping him on a short leash.

If you and she are such good friends, and know one another so well; then she knows how much you like her guy...
I'll bet she's watched you when you didn't realize she was even watching you.. She's aware of more than you think.
LuckyCharms On July 31, 2021
Magically Delicious

#5New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 03:11:51
@maddyalzo Said

sorry this is so long but i really do need help, what should i do? even better..how can i get over him?xo

Call this a learning curve. We all go through this.

Move on.

How to get over him? Stay busy. Volunteer your time helping others. Even if it's just helping friends study. Ideally you could find a community project to get involved in. The most important thing is to focus on something outside of yourself - and the best thing is to help others. It brings a satisfaction that nothing else can give you. Plus it broadens your horizons.

Norwich, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 06:57:26
Ive never told his girlfriend i liked him,even before they got together. Thanks for the replies,really helped!
Coleosis On December 01, 2013
Don't care

Mustang, Oklahoma
#7New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 07:18:21
If he was saying "morning baby" and "hows my favorite girl" those were hints to you that he liked you... You waited to long... maybe next time.... Or when they break up.

Norwich, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 17:50:19
Thanks for the advice everyone!
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#9New Post! Dec 06, 2011 @ 17:56:52
I agree with LuckyCharms, keep yourself busy.

Its very difficult at 13. Its a very hard age to be and a first love is probably the hardest to get over.

But you will.

You will fancy someone else. Chances are you will have a handful of boyfriends by the time you are into your 20's and you will be more used to how relationships work and how it all feels.

But right now you only have our words. I promise you that you will feel the same way and even more for another boy one day and hopefully he will feel the same way about you too.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs