AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#106New Post! Nov 09, 2011 @ 06:40:06
@white_swan53 Said

Do you see a pattern emerging here?

https://articles.cnn.com/2011-11-01/politics/politics_obama-executive-orders_1_executive-orders-press-secretary-jay-carney-inaction?_s=PM:POLITICS

Obama makes Head Start changes, bashes GOP
https://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/11/obama-makes-head-start-changes-bashes-gop/1?csp=24&kjnd=Fc3aS71MmZ7nY/hByF/3cvlaOyeptJK5iZQVjQavye%2BKSg0YP%2BV3Dldop9UNRHQW-303bf551-a41b-4e8d-9b9d-c801a6f618f3_qKfANg8AP2tDRGtlDqBKviA5rGuBXiANSNcnN8qN3a2qyufvDZTXDosQWDtE1t5h

Add to the almost daily media articles the often heard statements made by his supporters

"Guantanamo Bay is only a broken promise because"
>> insert title of Bill << didn't pass only because because
>> insert policy << isn't in place only because

But folks with your type of attacks of Obama are the one finding fault in his not doing something I suspect you really did not want him to do anyways. Kind a silly to me.

He won the election. He is doing the nation's bidding. Obstructionism is something that should be used for big issues that the opposition disagrees with- not the every other bill that the pubs are trying to stop.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#107New Post! Nov 09, 2011 @ 06:42:12
@restoreone Said

You mean somebody really reads these bills. I thought congress just voted party line. You know so they can get the cash to be reelected

Generally it is passed off on an assistant to read and the congressperson gets the Cliff notes.
Ted Kennedy I admired as he was one who would read the bill himself.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#108New Post! Nov 09, 2011 @ 07:04:14
@shinobinoz Said

Generally it is passed off on an assistant to read and the congressperson gets the Cliff notes.
Ted Kennedy I admired as he was one who would read the bill himself.

Well I guess I can't be to hard on them for that. Cliff notes and getting the tackle is what got me through college.
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#109New Post! Nov 09, 2011 @ 07:10:19
@shinobinoz Said

A second term will give him a much better hand. Can't be up for an election so he can press his agenda better.
Pie in the sky? How so? When a bill is being worked out there are compromises & and amendments that can be added by either side. How's that Obama's doing? The bill as introduced should have the 3-5 days, that allows for everyone to read it (that they prolly won't is a concern for the public but not going to be answered by time) This leaves the changes that come forth which do not need time to be studied.

"Can't be up for an election so he can press his agenda better"
If as you say ,congress is the stumbling block that keeps him from getting the job done now . What is Obaama going to do ? Hand out pink slips and send congress to the unemployment line? (If you have seen his official reelection website ,that pink slip crack isn't as far out of line as it sounds.)
Seriously , Americans voted every one of those people in congress into office to do a job for us, we also voted Obama into office to do a job, So whats the problem? All I have heard is , it's not Obama fault , it's congress that won't let him or work with him do what he wants done, but nothings being done about the fact that nothings getting done. Are we are suppose to just pat Obama on the back in empathy and toss congress dirty looks ?

Obama made the promise to publish bills for all to see and have a chance to have their say. If as you say it's not feasible or logical or whatever , then he should not have promised people that if they voted him into office he would make it happen. It was common knowledge that Americans were ' fed up ' with all G.W.Bush's secrets and behind closed doors crap .

n/a, New Mexico
#110New Post! Nov 09, 2011 @ 07:31:05
@shinobinoz Said

But folks with your type of attacks of Obama are the one finding fault in his not doing something I suspect you really did not want him to do anyways. Kind a silly to me.

He won the election. He is doing the nation's bidding. Obstructionism is something that should be used for big issues that the opposition disagrees with- not the every other bill that the pubs are trying to stop.

It is his job . he stepped up and ask for it, actually convinced Americans that he was the best man for the job. It is not attacking him to ask why he isn't doing what he said he could do .
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#111New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 04:49:20
@white_swan53 Said

It is his job . he stepped up and ask for it, actually convinced Americans that he was the best man for the job. It is not attacking him to ask why he isn't doing what he said he could do .

And the reply has been given. It is not entirely or even mainly Obama's fault that some of his promises could not be kept.
Tell you what. List the promises you want him to keep that he has not.
If you really did not want certain promises kept- I'd just let it go- it would be a pretty petty reason to attack him.

n/a, New Mexico
#112New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 11:35:13
@shinobinoz Said

And the reply has been given. It is not entirely or even mainly Obama's fault that some of his promises could not be kept.
Tell you what. List the promises you want him to keep that he has not.
If you really did not want certain promises kept- I'd just let it go- it would be a pretty petty reason to attack him.

' It is not his fault.'
Are you aware that blame isn't the final arbiter of whether a promise is kept or broken ?

A few of his campaign promises that sounded good and obviously had the desired effect on the intended demographics it was targeted at.
Increase the capital gains and dividends taxes for higher-income taxpayers

Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners
I'll bet this one got the attention of a whole lot of voters ,

End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000
This one would have made life just a bit easier for a lot of grandparents .

Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes

Close the Guantanamo Bay Detention Center

Allow five days of public comment before signing bills

Sunlight before Signing

Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials

Pay for the national service plan without increasing the deficit

Well hope springs eternal . and all that.......
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#113New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 17:14:49
@white_swan53 Said

' It is not his fault.'
Are you aware that blame isn't the final arbiter of whether a promise is kept or broken ?

A few of his campaign promises that sounded good and obviously had the desired effect on the intended demographics it was targeted at.

I'll bet this one got the attention of a whole lot of voters ,

This one would have made life just a bit easier for a lot of grandparents .

Allow five days of public comment before signing bills

Sunlight before Signing

Well hope springs eternal . and all that.......

All good ideas. Why did they not make it?

n/a, New Mexico
#114New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 19:49:14
@shinobinoz Said

All good ideas. Why did they not make it?

A few of them were really just 'pie in the sky ' to get the attention of voters , not really feasible like the 'foreclosure prevention fund ' or the ' income tax for seniors '
Some of them like the sunshine before signing promise maybe he just got real busy and forgot .
Calling some of his 'promises' , broken promises is being really nice about them, He's made good on some really important ones and just forgot or ignored some very important ones.
On a few of the ones that caught the attention of voters like yourself ' the capitol gains promise and the repeal Bush's tax breaks , it says he gave in on these and in return got some other things. I haven't read the whole thing , but if this is fact why is that booth these promises are still on the broken list and not on the compromise list ?

With 2010 coming to a close, President Obama brokered a major deal on taxes, agreeing to continue the current tax rates for high earners. He said repeatedly during the campaign that he intended to let them expire. The tax rates, passed during President George W. Bush's administration, were set to go up in 2011.

When it comes to President Barack Obama's promise to create a foreclosure prevention fund, he's kept to the letter of law, but his administration has completely failed to meet its spirit. For that, we're moving this our rating to Promise Broken.

President Barack Obama's campaign pledge to end taxes for seniors making less than $50,000 has fallen off the radar.

It wasn't part of the tax cuts in the economic stimulus bill, also known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. It wasn't in Obama's first budget outline, which was approved by Congress on April 2, 2009. And it's not part of any proposed legislation that we can find.

With 2010 coming to a close, President Obama brokered a major deal on taxes, agreeing to continue the current tax rates for high earners. He said repeatedly during the campaign that he intended to let them expire. The tax rates, passed during President George W. Bush's administration, were set to go up in 2011.

On March 7, 2011, President Barack Obama signed an executive order making a number of changes to policies regarding those detained at Guantanamo Bay, The new policy was viewed by many media outlets as an acknowledgment by the administration that it could not keep Obama's campaign promise to close the Guantanamo facility

Allow five days of public comment before signing bills Sunlight before Signing
The camera lights still outshine sunlight at the Obama White House. In his latest violation of this promise, President Barack Obama signed the Credit Card Accountability, Responsibility, and Disclosure (CARD) Act of 2009 on May 22, only two days after the bill was finalized in Congress.

The law doesn't take effect for a full year, so it clearly is not emergency legislation

It's been about three months since we gave a Promise Broken to Barack Obama's pledge to restrict former lobbyists from serving in his administration. We found that the administration has granted waivers to several former lobbyists, allowing them to serve

Unfortunately, that would require bookkeeping gymnastics that are not permissible. We've also seen no public statements or comments by President Obama or congressional leaders that indicate he has truly made a commitment to pay for the plan.

Did you notice that not everything he hasn't done is because of that republican congress .
Edited: November 10, 2011 @ 19:52
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#115New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 19:58:19
Capital Gains:
"We should note that although he gave in on his campaign promise, Obama got some other things in return. The current tax rates were extended for couples who make less than the $250,000 cut-off, and some tax cuts that were part of the 2009 economic stimulus law were also continued. Additionally, Obama won another year of unemployment benefits for workers who qualified, and he won a one-year reduction of Social Security taxes, putting 2 percent of pay back into workers' paychecks.

Obama said he still opposed keeping the same tax rates for the wealthy, even though he agreed to the extension."

I'd call that compromise.

I don't think you;ll find more than 1 0r 2 that are flip flops.
Most all are really stalled or compromises and hey, that's how things are supposed to work.
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#116New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 20:02:19
Foreclosures.
In-acted- just not working out very well.
Promise kept- just not in-acted correctly- and much of that is due to oversight & the frikken banks. Again- how much does Obama have to personally do?

"The evidence has been mounting for some time that the foreclosure prevention fund has fallen far short of its goals. If it ever rights itself, we'd certainly be willing to reconsider our rating. But today, it hasn't helped many homeowners faced with losing their houses. "

n/a, New Mexico
#117New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:03:36
@shinobinoz Said

Capital Gains:
"We should note that although he gave in on his campaign promise, Obama got some other things in return. The current tax rates were extended for couples who make less than the $250,000 cut-off, and some tax cuts that were part of the 2009 economic stimulus law were also continued. Additionally, Obama won another year of unemployment benefits for workers who qualified, and he won a one-year reduction of Social Security taxes, putting 2 percent of pay back into workers' paychecks.

Obama said he still opposed keeping the same tax rates for the wealthy, even though he agreed to the extension."

I'd call that compromise.

I don't think you;ll find more than 1 0r 2 that are flip flops.
Most all are really stalled or compromises and hey, that's how things are supposed to work.

Did I say the flip flop list ? I meant to say the compromise list , damn I hate when I do that .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs