Forums: Entertainment:
Celebrities

Jury gets homicide case of Michael Jackson's doctor

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! Nov 04, 2011 @ 12:39:05
https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-11-03/jackson-doctor-trial-closing-arguments/51061700/1?csp=24&kjnd=4srWkd/ZdHsk0JaybhmUHSviSWdpEATkPdaV5ab1y2bjyYFosOexYCFvzs3AEs36-885ff753-8c4c-4dec-b8dd-790fbe6e628a_%2BDrh26jfC84K4ORv3plWgfh5jSWDcLYiivi1JE6hiqrbkka5UQgOfHAMUwvGYtcj

I agree with the defence ,
""if it was anybody else but Michael Jackson, anybody else, would this doctor be here today?""

Probably the only way it would have been possible to know how much of what MJ was taking at any given time would have been to drug test him each time he ' demanded' some more of whatever he wanted. JMO ,
anyone have any thoughts on this ?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#2New Post! Nov 04, 2011 @ 13:05:30
I didn't know they were re-doing this case? I could have sworn they did this when he turned himself in and was ruled innocent. Oh well I guess. Don't make sense to me really.

n/a, New Mexico
#3New Post! Nov 04, 2011 @ 13:10:43
@CPat92 Said

I didn't know they were re-doing this case? I could have sworn they did this when he turned himself in and was ruled innocent. Oh well I guess. Don't make sense to me really.

Didn't it come to light that MJ had unlimited funds and friends and that he used both to get prescriptions from several different doctors and locations ?
If that is fact, there is no humanly possible way to have ever known how much of what he was taking .
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#4New Post! Nov 04, 2011 @ 13:15:05
@white_swan53 Said

Didn't it come to light that MJ had unlimited funds and friends and that he used both to get prescriptions from several different doctors and locations ?
If that is fact, there is no humanly possible way to have ever known how much of what he was taking .

I think in a documentary that came out when he died that a few of his friends warned him and asked him not to take that much drugs. Can't blame him for taking it though. His life was really messed up. He went through a lot.

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! Nov 04, 2011 @ 13:25:34
@CPat92 Said

I think in a documentary that came out when he died that a few of his friends warned him and asked him not to take that much drugs. Can't blame him for taking it though. His life was really messed up. He went through a lot.

While I' agree that MJ had nothing even close to a 'normal' life from childhood on , but he made his own decisions and in the end it is the same for him as it is for anyone, we all have to step up and own our own actions and the reactions .
And the bottom line or facts are simply, that personal physician was not his 'babysitter' or prison guard' , it's not like MJ would be inclined to inform the doctor of all his 'activities' .
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Nov 04, 2011 @ 22:22:16
I don't care if Michael Jackson did actually,.. accidentally overdose himself; That drug was one which should NEVER have been outside of an operating room!
Yet it was made available to him by that doctor. And he should pay.

n/a, New Mexico
#7New Post! Nov 05, 2011 @ 00:11:18
@sTreetAngeL Said

I don't care if Michael Jackson did actually,.. accidentally overdose himself; That drug was one which should NEVER have been outside of an operating room!
Yet it was made available to him by that doctor. And he should pay.

if the drug shouldn't have been outside of the OR, how could a doctor who is not an anesthesiologist get access to it. It wouldn't be something your neighborhood pharmacy would keep stocked , is it ?
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#8New Post! Nov 05, 2011 @ 00:34:01
To be honest, I think Murray did what he was paid a lot of money to do. Get the drugs that Michael asked for. In fact it was probably what he was hired to do.

If you are being paid £100,000 a month by the King of Pop, one of the most famous people in the world, after being heavily in debt, and he asks for prescription drugs you can easily get...are you going to say no?

n/a, New Mexico
#9New Post! Nov 05, 2011 @ 01:31:38
@ninozara Said

To be honest, I think Murray did what he was paid a lot of money to do. Get the drugs that Michael asked for. In fact it was probably what he was hired to do.

If you are being paid £100,000 a month by the King of Pop, one of the most famous people in the world, after being heavily in debt, and he asks for prescription drugs you can easily get...are you going to say no?

In a perfect world where everyone remembers their oaths or reasons for the work you deicated yourself to.

Of course I would not, and I would do all in my power to help poor MJ .
Yeah right..

You may be right ,
it just seems that some one is after more publicity then justice .
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#10New Post! Nov 05, 2011 @ 13:54:08
@white_swan53 Said

if the drug shouldn't have been outside of the OR, how could a doctor who is not an anesthesiologist get access to it. It wouldn't be something your neighborhood pharmacy would keep stocked , is it ?

Because he is a doctor; and doctors do have access to such things, as well as to other doctors.

Further. It was pretty clear to Murray that Michael had a problem, as was evident by his voice that we all heard on his voice mail. Yet Murray still continued to help him in this way.

And knowing how dangerous and sensitve this particular drug is, yet he did not even monitor MJ! Extremely odd (and if I might say, curious) to me.

I'd be pretty willing to bet; that without Murray's 'help', Michael Jackson would still be here today.
It's a damned shame really.

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! Nov 05, 2011 @ 14:51:17
@sTreetAngeL Said

Because he is a doctor; and doctors do have access to such things, as well as to other doctors.

Further. It was pretty clear to Murray that Michael had a problem, as was evident by his voice that we all heard on his voice mail. Yet Murray still continued to help him in this way.

And knowing how dangerous and sensitve this particular drug is, yet he did not even monitor MJ! Extremely odd (and if I might say, curious) to me.

I'd be pretty willing to bet; that without Murray's 'help', Michael Jackson would still be here today.

I can understand your take on the doctor and his ' helping' MJ wasn't very helpful . And because he is a trained professional he could have ,, should have been more about helping then doing what he was told .

But I will stay clear of the last part of your post.

n/a, New Mexico
#12New Post! Nov 09, 2011 @ 02:03:06
@sTreetAngeL Said

Jackson fans, family see justice in doctor's guilty verdict

Quote:
Murray, 58, a cardiologist, showed no emotion as the court clerk read a verdict of guilty on one count of involuntary manslaughter in the medication-overdose death, concluding the rare prosecution of a physician after a patient died.

Quote:
The setting in Jackson's upstairs bedroom was inappropriate and lacked the required monitoring and resuscitation equipment, Walgren said.

https://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-11-04/michael-jackson-doctor-trial-verdict/51113244/1

Good call sTreetAngeL,
If Murray had 'practised' medicine like a trained professional he would have made sure that the equipment he would need in case of an emergency was right there when needed.
Then there's the 45 minutes of cell phone calls placed about the same time as MJ's death ,on Murray's phone with 3 of the calls being three of Murray girlfriends .
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs