The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Found. The tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#46New Post! Nov 06, 2011 @ 09:38:26
@futilevoice Said

How is that logical? There may be life out there and who is to say that God did not create it. It is sheer arrogance to think that we are the only life in the universe.

No it is simple logical extension o the bible story.

Banned

#47New Post! Nov 06, 2011 @ 09:39:17
@futilevoice Said

The site is slow posting today. Sorry

No worries it does get very slow sometimes.
anthonyjohn On October 04, 2013

Cardigan, United Kingdom
#48New Post! Nov 24, 2011 @ 16:38:26
I tend to agree with the words of Meister Eckhart when he said --
"Why dost thou prate of God? Whatever thou sayest of Him is untrue"

All speculation about God is fruitless and faith should be enough.
tariki On September 16, 2012

Deleted

, United Kingdom
#49New Post! Nov 24, 2011 @ 17:04:37
@anthonyjohn Said

Ah! Eckhart, who said "Nothing that knowledge can grasp or desire can want is God. When knowledge and desire end, there is darkness. And there God shines."

Banned

#50New Post! Nov 24, 2011 @ 17:08:15
@anthonyjohn Said

But faith in what? To have faith you have to have something to have faith in.

My faith is in the God who created everything, I can think of no better object of faith than Him.

Why do I prate about God? Because His son told us all to.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#51New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:28:05
@MadCornishBiker Said

Self reflection is only valuable if it is in harmony with the bible. If you go the meditation route alone you are to open to the influence of Stan without a bible to check you thoughts against.

Not a dude.

Deleted

#52New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:34:57
@GreatestIam2 Said

You are making an assumption and nowhere is the garden mentioned.

Not that I see it's particular relevance, but the Garden of Eden is mentioned in the previous verse (which MCB did not quote) :

"Eze 28:13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every stone of great price was your clothing, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the emerald and the carbuncle: your store-houses were full of gold, and things of great price were in you; in the day when you were made they were got ready. "

Regardless, this is a passage from the Prophet Ezekiel to the city of Tyre. It basically entails the downfall of a massive civilization. I see nothing to do with Satan at all.

Banned

#53New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:35:29

Ooops ;lol I missed an a out agian. sorry.

Banned

#54New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:37:39
@someone_else Said

Not that I see it's particular relevance, but the Garden of Eden is mentioned in the previous verse (which MCB did not quote) :

"Eze 28:13 You were in Eden, the garden of God; every stone of great price was your clothing, the sardius, the topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the emerald and the carbuncle: your store-houses were full of gold, and things of great price were in you; in the day when you were made they were got ready. "

Regardless, this is a passage from the Prophet Ezekiel to the city of Tyre. It basically entails the downfall of a massive civilization. I see nothing to do with Satan at all.

I hardly see Tyre fitting the descriptions in it, but don't forget that Satan was behind all of those governments, and Tyre definitely was not in the Garden of God, Satan was, he was the "Cherub that covered".
Not a dude.

Deleted

#55New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:41:10
@MadCornishBiker Said

I hardly see Tyre fitting the descriptions in it, but don't forget that Satan was behind all of those governments, and Tyre definitely was not in the Garden of God, Satan was, he was the "Cherub that covered".

Really? Did you read say...the third verse of the chapter or did you just select a verse that said what you wanted it to?

Here is the preface of this prophecy:

Quote:
Eze 27:1 The word of the Lord came to me again, saying,
Eze 27:2 And you, son of man, make a song of grief for Tyre;
Eze 27:3 And say to Tyre, O you who are seated at the doorway of the sea, trading for the peoples with the great sea-lands, these are the words of the Lord: You, O Tyre, have said, I am a ship completely beautiful.

Do you see how this is God speaking to Tyre through Ezekiel?

Banned

#56New Post! Nov 28, 2011 @ 19:51:17
@someone_else Said

Really? Did you read say...the third verse of the chapter or did you just select a verse that said what you wanted it to?

Here is the preface of this prophecy:

Do you see how this is God speaking to Tyre through Ezekiel?

Yes I know it was God speaking through Ezekiel and I don't doubt that the prophecy is partly toward Tyre, a great many prophecies have dual fulfilments, but a I say, no way was Tyre in the Garden of Eden Satan was. Therefore parts obviously apply to him as with, for instance, Isaiah 14:12-14 “O how you have fallen from heaven, you shining one, son of the dawn! How you have been cut down to the earth, you who were disabling the nations! 13 As for you, you have said in your heart, ‘To the heavens I shall go up. Above the stars of God I shall lift up my throne, and I shall sit down upon the mountain of meeting, in the remotest parts of the north. 14 I shall go up above the high places of the clouds; I shall make myself resemble the Most High." That one too is a prophecy of Satan's fate, is cross referenced to Ezekiel 28:17 “‘“Your heart became haughty because of your beauty. You brought your wisdom to ruin on account of your beaming splendor. Onto the earth I will throw you. Before kings I will set you, [for them] to look upon you." also a pronouncement both against Tyre and Satan and is repeated in Revelation 12:10 "“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time." which described the events in heaven in 1914.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs