Music

How to buy Vinyl Records?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#1New Post! Nov 01, 2011 @ 02:44:22
Does anyone know how to properly buy vinyl records. How to decided between originals versus remastered, how to know if you should go for the expensive one versus the cheap ones. How to decide between original ones that have wear versus new mass factory manufactures that are still sealed?

I need help.

I already know about the vinyl price listings as well as how to read their condition (ie. mint, very good+, very good- etc.) But it's mostly deciding how to distinguish between ones that cost more than new ones, to used ones that cost less than news and all that.

I want to buy a few but I'm not sure if what I have in my cart is a good deal or I'm just blowing money, or I've made a steal or I dunno.

Mostly looking at online shops if that makes a difference.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#2New Post! Nov 01, 2011 @ 07:35:17
Have you tried Discogs.com ?
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#3New Post! Nov 01, 2011 @ 13:41:48
@Wellard Said

Have you tried Discogs.com ?

No, I haven't. Looks like a U.K. shop which might hurt me when it comes to shipping and handling etc.

But, it's not that I don't know where to buy, it's more of problem with deciding which to buy.
Wellard On April 29, 2012
ect.. .

Deleted

In your Mind, Cape Verde
#4New Post! Nov 01, 2011 @ 14:32:49
@boobagins Said

No, I haven't. Looks like a U.K. shop which might hurt me when it comes to shipping and handling etc.

But, it's not that I don't know where to buy, it's more of problem with deciding which to buy.

It's not a shop as such,but more of a market place with buyers and sellers from around the world.

Read more here

There is an active forum on the site also - Check here

If there is anything you need to know or ask about record buying,selling or collecting this is the site to do it.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs