So i'm the kind that burns water..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
KismetEtna On November 15, 2011

Salisbury, Maryland
#16New Post! Nov 01, 2011 @ 02:59:18
@vekta Said

Give me a list of ingredients you commonly have on hand.

Ie: vegetables, herbs/spices, meats etc.

I know my wait around the kitchen enough to not starve. I'll see if I can come up with anything.

First, marry me.

Second, usually I have pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, lemon pepper, spinach, chicken, steak, hamburger..that sort.

@Hilmdan haha...i'd put myself in the poorhouse like that!

@Drummer I hear ya! Grilled cheese is always my go to, though I feel like I should invest in the robostir. xD If we were stranded together we would die.
vekta On November 18, 2013

#17New Post! Nov 01, 2011 @ 03:11:38
@KismetEtna Said

First, marry me.

Second, usually I have pasta, broccoli, tomatoes, lemon pepper, spinach, chicken, steak, hamburger..that sort.

@Drummer I hear ya! Grilled cheese is always my go to, though I feel like I should invest in the robostir. xD If we were stranded together we would die.

Only if you actually want a house husband. I'd be totally fine with that. I'm not very strong in the Italian cooking arena. A lot of those ingredients would do well for it.

You could make simple sauces from scratch with tomatoes though. The only hard part about that is mostly the time it takes to cook down the tomatoes depending on what variety you use. Some are better than others for this.

It's closer to making a stew really but the end result is a sauce as long as you get the consistency you want, depending on what kind of pasta you're using. Using at least one can of tomato paste will speed this up dramatically and save you the trouble of trying to nail the "sauce" consistency spot on.

If you can find it, I'd just get a supply of Tuscan blend or Mediterranean blend herb/spice mix and add to that according to taste. You can make the flavor profile yourself by adding herbs and spice either by hand measurement or eye it if your nose is tuned enough but that shying farther away from "easy".

Basically...

Tuscan/ Mediterranean herb/spice blend + tomato (I use cherry tomatoes) + maybe caramelized onion, tad of(sweet/smokey) paprika, a tad of chili if you like a tiny bit of heat. (mature red Thai peppers for the slightly sweet background flavor) But it's up to you and the tastes your family likes most.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#18New Post! Nov 01, 2011 @ 03:42:45
@KismetEtna Said

Pewp Y coudn't you ask me the first one
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#19New Post! Nov 01, 2011 @ 04:13:45
@KismetEtna Said

You know...like leaves it boiling until it's completely gone...

I moved recently with my cousins who are both male, so they kind of depend on me to cook..and I don't really want to kill them.

Any suggestions for easy but tasty meals? The best i've come up with is shrimp and broccoli Alfredo. It was easy and yummy

You can't go wrong with skinless / boneless chicken. Grill it, catch the drippings, make potatoes and whip up some gravy. YUM!!!

J.R.
HiImDan On February 29, 2024

Cleveland, the boil on the but
#20New Post! Nov 02, 2011 @ 16:44:22
When I found this recipe, I thought it was perfect for people like me who are just not sure how to tell when poultry is thoroughly cooked, but not dried out.

Size 18 chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing
1 cup of uncooked popcorn
Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 220c (about 500f)
Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt and pepper.
Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn.
Place in baking pan with the neck towards the back of the oven.
Listen to the popping sounds.
When the chicken’s arse blows the oven door open,
it’s done.

And you thought I couldn’t cook.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#21New Post! Nov 02, 2011 @ 16:51:41
All recipes

This is my favorite go to. Very detailed, you can adjust the recipes with their calculator thing so fit the amount of servings you need. I love it and often say, hey, I want to try that but don't know how, I find the one I think that I'll like the most here, and follow the instruction to a tee the first couple of times and then wing in after I'm comfortable.
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#22New Post! Nov 02, 2011 @ 16:56:19
@KismetEtna Said

I'm like the master of disaster at that stuff haha.

I was thinking of doing kebabs and steak and pepper fajitas or something.

I'm not a TERRIBLE cook when I put my mind to it, but I'm just forgetful?

This is me. I'm so forgetful, I can burn garlic toast made under the broiler. That literally only takes two minutes or so.

So my advice to you is, get a crock pot. Google "Crock Pot Recipes" or something (I've seen such a cookbook at the grocery store). They're so easy, you just throw everything in the pot, turn it on and wait. The only thing you need to be careful of is that you put enough liquid in it initially. That's how you get around the forgetfulness.
squirt_aka_casey On April 21, 2018
BCW-Ant Destroyer

That place, Ohio
#23New Post! Nov 02, 2011 @ 17:03:14
@someone_else Said

This is me. I'm so forgetful, I can burn garlic toast made under the broiler. That literally only takes two minutes or so.

So my advice to you is, get a crock pot. Google "Crock Pot Recipes" or something (I've seen such a cookbook at the grocery store). They're so easy, you just throw everything in the pot, turn it on and wait. The only thing you need to be careful of is that you put enough liquid in it initially. That's how you get around the forgetfulness.

Ha! I was going to suggest a crock pot too! They are designed to put it in and forget it!
someone_else On August 30, 2012
Not a dude.

Deleted

American Alps, Washington
#24New Post! Nov 02, 2011 @ 17:08:34
@squirt_aka_casey Said

Ha! I was going to suggest a crock pot too! They are designed to put it in and forget it!

Great minds and all that.

There's also the infamous "Set it and Forget it" convection oven.
TheMuse On February 15, 2016

#25New Post! Nov 02, 2011 @ 17:09:44
@squirt_aka_casey Said

All recipes

This is my favorite go to. Very detailed, you can adjust the recipes with their calculator thing so fit the amount of servings you need. I love it and often say, hey, I want to try that but don't know how, I find the one I think that I'll like the most here, and follow the instruction to a tee the first couple of times and then wing in after I'm comfortable.

allrecipes.com....great site with great recipes I have used them for years
chef_mia On December 11, 2012

derry, Ireland
#26New Post! Nov 10, 2011 @ 17:47:36
there's the old time favorites that iv taught me mum to cook as shes not a great cook thats why i learned to cook so young as i was sick of eating sausages and potatoes and beans lol

there's spag bol which is nummy and easy
then uv got pasta carbanara
another lovely dish is chicken staffed with phily and sun blushed tomatoes with sautes potatoes
or pork stroganoff

if ur interested in any of these dishes or more i can give u recipes
USA On May 25, 2020

Chicago, Illinois
#27New Post! May 06, 2012 @ 19:04:16
Better yet, go to Google Search and type in "suggestions for easy but tasty meals"!
scardycat On May 17, 2014

, Australia
#28New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 10:13:56
@KismetEtna Said

You know...like leaves it boiling until it's completely gone...

I moved recently with my cousins who are both male, so they kind of depend on me to cook..and I don't really want to kill them.

Any suggestions for easy but tasty meals? The best i've come up with is shrimp and broccoli Alfredo. It was easy and yummy

This is easy my kids can cook this and its yummy
I roasting tray
Four 4 quarter lamb chops
I packet of french onion soup

Set your oven on 180c (360F)
cut you chops in half
Place in roasting tray
Sprinkle pkt soup over top of chops and put in oven
Turn over when golden not bleeding cook for about another 5 mins serve with vegies

Because of the natural fat in the meat the soup goes through the meat
Its easy and it tastes good
You can use any lamb chops for this recipe
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#29New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 12:26:59
So just because the OP is living with males she's expected to cook? Pfft, f*** that. If that were me I'd let them cook for themselves, lazy bastards.

As far as 'easy' food goes though, stir fry, omelettes, curry, chilli, jambolaya, stew, etc. Basically find dishes where you just throw stuff in a pot and let it cook for a couple of hours. Can't really go wrong.
ninozara On April 30, 2020

Cheshire, United Kingdom
#30New Post! Jul 03, 2012 @ 16:30:55
If I moved in with a couple of blokes and they expected me to cook simply because I'm female, I'd purposefully burn/overspice/ruin every meal I made them (and make them pay for it).

Though, I'd make my portions nice

They'd soon learn to cook themselves. Or at least decide that they didn't need me to cook for them.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs