tamraherman On January 19, 2012

LA, California
#46New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:55:20
So, did you ask your manager?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#47New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 00:58:58
@HarajukuGoober Said

So I work at McDonald's now(bring on the high school drop out jokes) but hey, money is money no matter where it comes from. And it's not like a laid back simple job...it can get pretty hectic and there are a lot of things to remember.
Anyway, I worked 24 hours the first week(training days), 37 hours the next week...and then this week...13 hours. Next week? 3 hours. wtf? Is this code for, "you're gonna get fired"? I don't know why they would fire me...I've been doing what I'm supposed to do and am never any sort of behavior problem...maybe it's just because I'm new? But come on now, to go from 24 to 37 to 13 to 3...that's just ridiculous.

Any ideas what the deal is???

Anyone getting the shaft from McD's is no big surprise and no big shame.

And it's easy to go and find something else that pays just as uber as McD's does.

, New Zealand
#48New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 01:01:20
Doooz notz takes da clownz burgers sErIoUsLy!!!!!!!!
HarajukuGoober On June 23, 2014

Deleted

Richmond, Indiana
#49New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 01:22:37
sorry, guys, haven't been on here in a while. WELL, long story short, I had 0 hours for 2-3 weeks in a row, yet I was still on the schedule. No one told me I was fired, and I didn't quit, and I still have my uniforms. It was a load of BS though.
Listen to this! My Dad called them pretended to be my potential employer(changed his name and everything, it was great). You know what they told him? They said they let me go(lie number one) because I didn't show up for a couple of my shifts(lie number 2). I was there EVERY single time I was on that schedule. I even had to stick aorund for an extra hour because of the incompetence of those retards. They told me to restock, but...I stood there like a moron trying to figure out what to restock since...everything was there.
But it's whatever. I'm now focusing on getting my GED and after I acquire that, I'll look for a better job.
So yeah, you all are updated now

, New Zealand
#50New Post! Jan 12, 2012 @ 01:55:23
@HarajukuGoober Said

sorry, guys, haven't been on here in a while. WELL, long story short, I had 0 hours for 2-3 weeks in a row, yet I was still on the schedule. No one told me I was fired, and I didn't quit, and I still have my uniforms. It was a load of BS though.
Listen to this! My Dad called them pretended to be my potential employer(changed his name and everything, it was great). You know what they told him? They said they let me go(lie number one) because I didn't show up for a couple of my shifts(lie number 2). I was there EVERY single time I was on that schedule. I even had to stick aorund for an extra hour because of the incompetence of those retards. They told me to restock, but...I stood there like a moron trying to figure out what to restock since...everything was there.
But it's whatever. I'm now focusing on getting my GED and after I acquire that, I'll look for a better job.
So yeah, you all are updated now

Life itself is a college in which the best skills are learned the real and genuine way through life experiences along with which love and wisdom is acquired as well - The Mickey Mouse jobs are mostly there for people that feel that only those who can afford a piece of paper can prove that they have the book wisdom necessary to survive employment with them.

You'll find, in the end, those who best kept their gruelling jobs where those who proved to be good sharks and quick at pulling rugs out from under others without compassion and consideration to those others, while the decent people may not find much work but still survive well enough to have the freedom to study and learn professions of a much higher quality and substance.
PerlaDelMar On June 02, 2014

New York, New York
#51New Post! Jan 26, 2012 @ 05:27:04
@HarajukuGoober Said

So I work at McDonald's now(bring on the high school drop out jokes) but hey, money is money no matter where it comes from. And it's not like a laid back simple job...it can get pretty hectic and there are a lot of things to remember.
Anyway, I worked 24 hours the first week(training days), 37 hours the next week...and then this week...13 hours. Next week? 3 hours. wtf? Is this code for, "you're gonna get fired"? I don't know why they would fire me...I've been doing what I'm supposed to do and am never any sort of behavior problem...maybe it's just because I'm new? But come on now, to go from 24 to 37 to 13 to 3...that's just ridiculous.

Any ideas what the deal is???

Well, since you are paying taxes, you are still entitled to unemployment, provided you work less than 12 or have worked 3 days with that total.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs