The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Homes & Real Estate

I REALLY REALLY really want to be a real estate agent! this sucks..

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
angeliclala On July 31, 2013

, Utah
#1New Post! Oct 07, 2011 @ 01:10:38
so like i said i really really really want to be a real estate agent but as you all know the economy sucks and it sucks i want to be one so badly lol. do you guys know any agents currently in the market? how are they holding up? and would you have any tips or tricks to give me?
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Oct 07, 2011 @ 01:12:17
Don't you have to get certain qualifications before officially becoming one? If so then look into that and by the time you've finished the course things might be a bit easier job wise.
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#3New Post! Oct 07, 2011 @ 01:19:05
@sister_of_mercy Said

Don't you have to get certain qualifications before officially becoming one? If so then look into that and by the time you've finished the course things might be a bit easier job wise.

I think here anyone can be a real estate agent. I think you just take a test and if you pass it, you're a real estate agent.
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#4New Post! Oct 07, 2011 @ 01:46:29
@angeliclala Said

so like i said i really really really want to be a real estate agent but as you all know the economy sucks and it sucks i want to be one so badly lol. do you guys know any agents currently in the market? how are they holding up? and would you have any tips or tricks to give me?

In Ontario, Canada this is what is required:
It takes most candidates about six months to study for and complete the three sets of exams required to obtain a real estate license in Ontario. Within two years of becoming licensed, agents must also successfully complete two additional “articling” courses, and thereafter must acquire 24 professional development credits every two years for the remainder of their career (a credit is roughly equivalent to an hour of classroom study). The costs associated with the three exams and the two articling courses are about twenty-four hundred dollars. The exams can be done through the Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) or by correspondence.

Probably not the same for Utah, but it gives you a general idea of what might be needed.

**EDIT

Just found this for you: Licensing Courses
boxerdc On December 18, 2012

Deleted

#5New Post! Oct 07, 2011 @ 02:37:52
@Dark_Tink Said

In Ontario, Canada this is what is required:
Probably not the same for Utah, but it gives you a general idea of what might be needed.

In Utah, you just need to find people who are stupid enough to want to live there for more than five years..

Or be Mormon.

, Utah
#6New Post! Oct 07, 2011 @ 04:19:21
here you just have to take 120 hours of classes which is about a month. a month isnt really a long enough time for the market to turn around lol

, Utah
#7New Post! Oct 07, 2011 @ 04:24:54
In Utah, you just need to find people who are stupid enough to want to live there for more than five years..

Or be Mormon.

not very many mormons move out of state and with their repopulating habits i should be able to keep my head above water...

anyways, anyone have any tips or tricks from an agents perspective?
Corey On January 25, 2022

Sacramento, California
#8New Post! Oct 10, 2011 @ 02:46:03
Hi Aneliclala. Well, getting your license is a first good step. Getting a job as a property manager is an easy entry into the job market. Try to get on with a big company that is in several states. That can help out if you want to relocate, or sell out of state. Take some business classes at the junior college, it is cheap and good. Invest in your wardrobe. Buy a good car.
Good luck Corey.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs