Big Bang Theory

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#46New Post! Dec 23, 2011 @ 20:54:35
@DorkySupergirl Said

I know. Anyone with common sense realizes they take a few stereotypes and make those stereotypes larger than life to make us laugh.

I also never once thought the actions of the cast of Jersey Shore were a reflection of all Italians or of people from Jersey Shore or people who have a tan.

And to keep going, its like when American shows show stereotypes of Canadians, if people really think we have dog sled and igloo, well, we know what assuming has done.

If anyone ever watched the interviews they had with Jim Parsons they would know that even he says that it's all just acting and for sitcom purposes and he doesn't even know about anything about the 'physic' he's supposed to know as his own character and people really think he's like that.

It's show and that's specifically what he emphasized in his interviews.

To end this, I am sure there are people just like those characters out there but that's not anyway related to why and how they run the sitcom.
Oisin On January 27, 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
#47New Post! Dec 23, 2011 @ 20:55:37
@DorkySupergirl Said

I know. Anyone with common sense realizes they take a few stereotypes and make those stereotypes larger than life to make us laugh.

I also never once thought the actions of the cast of Jersey Shore were a reflection of all Italians or of people from Jersey Shore or people who have a tan.

And to keep going, its like when American shows show stereotypes of Canadians, if people really think we have dog sled and igloo, well, we know what assuming has done.

do you ever listen to nerd hurdles ? they did an episode on canada, it was pretty funny. https://www.nerdhurdles.com/
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#48New Post! Dec 23, 2011 @ 22:02:34

What?
DorkySupergirl On November 02, 2017

, Canada
#49New Post! Dec 23, 2011 @ 22:16:39
@thequietman Said

What?

I just find it sad that anyone would ask someone what they thought of another person, no matter if real person or character on tv, just because they happen to be of the same ethnicity.

Notice I did not say you because I took your comment to mean you were wondering if people did that not actually doing that yourself. I just find it sad and tacky if people actually do that.
Scapegrace

#50New Post! Dec 23, 2011 @ 22:46:56
@DorkySupergirl Said

I just find it sad that anyone would ask someone what they thought of another person, no matter if real person or character on tv, just because they happen to be of the same ethnicity.

Notice I did not say you because I took your comment to mean you were wondering if people did that not actually doing that yourself. I just find it sad and tacky if people actually do that.

I agree that it is tacky when most people assume that someone of a certain ethnicity either has an opinion or is offended when seeing someone of the same ethnicity on TV or movies. I for one could care less.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#51New Post! Dec 24, 2011 @ 00:33:09
@jonnythan Said

Because I'm smart and seem to know a lot about science.

They assume I must love Sheldon.

I think the show is grossly offensive. People watch this show and think "this is what smart people are like!"

Of course 'people' don't think this is what smart chaps like you are like. This sit-com is taking what many might think what 'smart' folks are like and exagerating it to the Nth degree for comedy purposes. To that effect, it is quite successful.

I doubt that you are actually offended by a sit-com.
jonnythan On August 02, 2014
Bringer of rad mirth

Deleted

Here and there,
#52New Post! Dec 24, 2011 @ 00:40:24
@GeneticAnomaly Said

Of course 'people' don't think this is what smart chaps like you are like. This sit-com is taking what many might think what 'smart' folks are like and exagerating it to the Nth degree for comedy purposes. To that effect, it is quite successful.

I doubt that you are actually offended by a sit-com.

OK. I am lying about all of it. You got me.
GeneticAnomaly On May 25, 2020
Marvellous, simply m

, United Kingdom
#53New Post! Dec 24, 2011 @ 00:43:04
@jonnythan Said

OK. I am lying about all of it. You got me.

Merry Christmas
Scapegrace

#54New Post! Dec 24, 2011 @ 05:12:06
As attractive as Kaley Cuoco is, her character in this show still seems to me like a afterthought.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs