So excited!!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Dark_Tink On December 30, 2018
<3 Boobie <3

, Canada
#16New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 20:53:30
When our oldest graduates high school in 2013, we are going to get her a DSLR camera. She's really gotten into photography the past few years and she's really good at it, although, I am biased being her mom.

She prefers the Canon's so we have been looking at several and she has been getting a feel for the one she might want.

Can't wait to see some pics that you take with your new camera.
sAeGeSpAeNe On October 05, 2021
Part-time Nidologist

The other Bristol..., Connecti
#17New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 21:21:04
@Sparklegirl Said

what would you attribute it to then?

Your Stymie is a thumper,...
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 21:22:09
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

Your Stymie is a thumper,...

oh you blame thornéd pig for it? poor stymie! but he is beautiful!
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 21:25:34
@Dark_Tink Said

When our oldest graduates high school in 2013, we are going to get her a DSLR camera. She's really gotten into photography the past few years and she's really good at it, although, I am biased being her mom.

She prefers the Canon's so we have been looking at several and she has been getting a feel for the one she might want.

Can't wait to see some pics that you take with your new camera.

Aww how sweet, she is very lucky
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#20New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 22:16:21
@boobear Said

After months of saving and waiting and DESPERATELY wanting to buy it I have finally got my very own DSLR - Nikon D3100 yaaaaay

I went with the D3100 as it's widely seen as the best entry level DSLR around at the moment:

Amazon Reviews

Also got these:

Starter kit and Book

Literally bouncing up and down, can't wait to get started!! Any tips most welcome although don;t slag off my camera choice

Good for you!!! I use my Canon 50D almost every day. I just love the way I can instantly see them and get them off my card and onto my computer to edit (crop) them in Photoshop®. I have my resolution set to the max, 22" X 44" just in case I want to blow mine up to poster size.

Here's one I took just a couple of hours ago.

I'm going to take some more with a faster shutter speed (1/3200) to freeze the action on this Blue Healer during it ball fetching antics.

J.R.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#21New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 23:01:57
I have an....

.....iPhone.

Guess I'm not much of a photographer.
TheMightyOz On March 17, 2015
Awooga!

Luton, United Kingdom
#22New Post! Sep 28, 2011 @ 23:31:54
Congratulations. Sounds like a good choice. From what I've read of other people's experience, Nikon D-series and Canon EOS seem to be the DSLRs that people are happiest with.

I can get some pretty good shots with my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38, but it's far from ideal for my purposes (mainly photographing fast-moving aircraft) so I really need to upgrade to a DSLR. I just can't justify the cost. I'll need a camera body and at least two lenses, a decent tripod, a few spare batteries, etc. Photographic equipment is really expensive
ClickBoom On November 12, 2012

, Canada
#23New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 03:37:13
boobear I know this is an old thread but I thought I would add an observation not that I'm any sort of expert or anything. I also don't have any intentions of critiquing. I just like what I see so I though I would share.

It's been approx. 4 months or so since you got your first dslr. You've posted a bunch of shots on this site and by the looks of things you're doing fantastic with it. You frame your subjects well, which are varied I might add, and for the most part your exposures seem to be great. I look forward to seeing more.
boobear On August 15, 2016

London, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Jan 22, 2012 @ 09:04:14
@ClickBoom Said

boobear I know this is an old thread but I thought I would add an observation not that I'm any sort of expert or anything. I also don't have any intentions of critiquing. I just like what I see so I though I would share.

It's been approx. 4 months or so since you got your first dslr. You've posted a bunch of shots on this site and by the looks of things you're doing fantastic with it. You frame your subjects well, which are varied I might add, and for the most part your exposures seem to be great. I look forward to seeing more.

Thank you very much
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs