The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

What is so hard to understand with Law Of Attraction?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#166New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 23:22:10
@Electric_Banana Said

A few different songs are being sung, you just need to search for those who are also singing yours.

The Jehova's are the Christian faculty that I have the strongest regards for - they cut out the dogmatic crap and they come off as very genuine.

The whole 'Satan' and demons mythos really needs to be eradicated however because it is making a strange situation, that is only strange and nothing more, look malevolent.

I would've had a much easier time finding 'god' if it hadn't been for the obnoxiously comical mistake that I thought that I was being possessed by 'Satan.'

Unfortunately for us Satan is no myth, I wish he was, but he is behind the confusion of religious beliefs that abound at the moment in order to try and hide the true path, that cramped and narrow road Jesus spoke of. He is indeed highly malevolent, especially at this time, when he knows he has lost the battle and is soon to be imprisoned.

The trouble is that I believe you have looked for God in the wrong places, and have only found a god, not the true one (with the capital "G" ).
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#167New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 23:28:44
@MadCornishBiker Said

Unfortunately for us Satan is no myth, I wish he was, but he is behind the confusion of religious beliefs that abound at the moment in order to try and hide the true path, that cramped and narrow road Jesus spoke of. He is indeed highly malevolent, especially at this time, when he knows he has lost the battle and is soon to be imprisoned.

The trouble is that I believe you have looked for God in the wrong places, and have only found a god, not the true one (with the capital "G" ).

I just went with the one that made the most sense to me.

It would be a bit silly of me to subscribe to something that I felt inside was wrong just for the sake of being handed some trophy at the end.
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#168New Post! Sep 29, 2011 @ 23:32:28
@Electric_Banana Said

I just went with the one that made the most sense to me.

It would be a bit silly of me to subscribe to something that I felt inside was wrong just for the sake of being handed some trophy at the end.

That is very true, it is the "felt right" bit that worries me. You cannot test out a religion by how it feels or you are open to one of Satan's "angel of light" tricks because there is nothing he likes more than to make people believe that something feels good which isn't. After all he has had a few millennia worth of experience fooling people.

Always let the head rule the heart, not the other way round.
GaryL On January 20, 2021

North Branch, Minnesota
#169New Post! Sep 30, 2011 @ 00:22:52
@Electric_Banana Said

In every single one of those videos Abe was telling people the same thing that I've been telling myself for ages.

@Electric_Banana Said

And fraud or not those three people are tapping into the same thing that I tap into.

LTP can show me a video to run and I'll know what Abe is going to say in it before I watch it (sometimes).

@Electric_Banana Said

Law of Attraction should be less dramatically labelled as "Law of Common Sense." but it's a common sense that not many apparently ever apply.

You want to talk common sense, let's take a look at common sense.

Look at your first quote up there. You claim this law of attraction is something you've known about for ages. Now look at your second quote. You claim you're able to "tap into" this law of attraction. You're so in tune with this law that you know what "Abe" is going to say before he says it.

Ok,now let's look at all the other things you say. Nearly everything you post here is dark and gloomy. You call yourself a "black sheep". I see a lot of selfloathing in the things you write. You once said death was preferable to having nothing. When I read your words I see a man who is depressed. A man who is pissed off at the world for the hand he was dealt. I don't see confidence. I don't see the happiness and contentment that this "Law of Attraction" promises. You say you've been practicing this law for ages but I don't see it.

That process lady should be following you instead of the other way around. You've been doing this s*** longer than she has and yet somehow she has turned you into a follower instead of a leader.

When I sit back and look at the entire picture, common sense tells me that something ain't right. If "The Law of Attraction" was everything you say it is, your posts should be upbeat and positive, not down and depressing. Instead of saying, "Just do what's comfortable, the hell with change", you should be advising people on how to better their lives.

When you say people aren't applying common sense, you're absolutely right.

And just so you know, I'm not coming down on you for anything. I want you to open your eyes and see things for what they are. Look at the whole picture and make sure you include yourself in that picture. Don't sit back and just observe. If you want more than what life is giving you, get out there and take it. Life will only give you what you're willing to accept and put up with.
DuLu On January 11, 2017
CHOOSE HAPPINESS!!!

Waverly, Washington
#170New Post! Sep 30, 2011 @ 00:31:20
Any seeker will actively look for the truth - the truth as they know it. But there is only one truth. All seekers have minds of their own and must investigate truth in their own ways, often to their disadvantage. Like the parable of the lost sheep though, the one who is lost and seeking The Truth is just as important as the 99 who are where they need to be at this time. Recovering one lost sheep, or assisting one confused seeker into finding The Truth is MORE rejoicing (especially if that one confused/lost seeker repents, okay not repents but can see the error of their ways) ... this is much more joyous THAN the joy that happens when assisting, say, 99 seekers in becoming righteous but who do not repent or see the error of their ways. When a lost or willful person sees the error of their ways and learns the Truth, it is because The One True One has a love that is constant, patient and welcoming. Even better then that, if we the lost do not come searching or seeking for Him, He will search for us and give us opportunities to respond, to open the door - but he will not 'force' us to KNOW the truth - HE will simply lay it there before us. And wait, and wait, and wait, and wait --- until the last lost sheep is returned to the fold.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs