religion and "closed societies"

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
GaryL On January 20, 2021

North Branch, Minnesota
#31New Post! Sep 20, 2011 @ 22:15:05
@MadCornishBiker Said

Yes, they also, along with one or two others, claim that the KJ, the most inaccurate translation, there is bar one, is the inspired version. Inspires alright but out of a wish to please King James, not out of fear of God.

So which version/translation do you believe to be the "inspired" version?
MadCornishBiker On January 14, 2014

Banned

St Columb Road, United Kingdom
#32New Post! Sep 21, 2011 @ 09:03:43
@GaryL Said

So which version/translation do you believe to be the "inspired" version?

I don't believe there is any 100% translation left, though some are a lot closer than others, and it is only the original that was inspired.

I would recommend the following:

New world Translation
American Standard
Moffat's
Byington's
Rotherhams' Emphasised
The Jerusalem.

My obvious first choices have to be any that have not had God's name removed from them. The very act of doing that shows an intent to alter and a lack of respect for the text and it's author, and it does appear in around 7,000 places in original language manuscripts.

I have to admit that at the moment I can only think of two that contain an accurate translation of John 1:1. one is the NWT and the other the Emphatic Diaglott, which has the correct translation in the interlinear columns and the adulterated one in the English only margin.

However I would not recommend anyone to stick to one translation only. Choose a favourite for reading and use the others for checking your favourite against.

I would also recommend a good reference bible with marginal references to connected scriptures, and one that uses a number of manuscripts to reference for it's translation.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs