Law

Breached confidentiality.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
hallucinogenic_lipstick On January 25, 2022
Cocksocket.

Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Ki
#1New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 07:51:29
What do you do if your medical history has been breached?

It's a bit of a long story so to cut it short my daughter suffered a serious illness when she was 5, this information ended up on an adoption assessment document (my sis was looking to adopt a child with Down's) this document then ended up in the hands of the mother/family that was giving the child up.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 07:58:21
I should make a written account of it including any evidence, photocopy it, send a copy to the GP practice and a copy to the Health Authority and a copy to your MP. And wait. They have to respond within 10 days.
treebee On April 13, 2015
Government Hooker

London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 08:00:21
BTW unless any harm has come to the people in question chances are you will just get a letter of apology. Chances are someone simply f***ed up in admin and copied the wrong notes.

Also you can request to meet with the "Caldicott Guardian" of the practice and if they go "EH???" then go right to the Health Authority.
Cocksocket.

#4New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 08:30:58
Yeah I was gonna contact CQC but they're aimed at adults, apparently ofsted can help too.

I'm just so cross about it, it was an illness that people to this day panic about, she's well over it now but this family aren't exactly nice and I was worried incase they started chattin our business.

How this information was relevant to the adoption I have no idea
Sparklegirl On December 13, 2019
LL.M

Cumbria, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 09:36:32
have i got this right- you have a daughter and when she was 5 she was seriously ill (sorry to hear that but glad she is better now)

your sister was adopting a child with downs syndrome, nothing at all to do with your little girl. a separate family gave their downs baby up for adoption and your sister was going to adopt her?

at first i read that as if she was adopting your daughter legally but of course as i read on it wasn't the case. was there any reason on this earth that your daughters medical notes should have been looked at because your sister was adopting a child? what the hell has gone on to mess up with something like that? id assume the kids were different ages at the time not to mention different medical histories and completely different kids so your little girls files should never have been looked at full stop

why did your daughters history get transposed onto the other child's documents, what bearing would health have had on the adoption in the first place? your sister would have known the child to have downs syndrome so the health stuff should surely have been worked with completely separately as opposed to on official adoption paperwork.

this would be tricky especially if your sister was unaware of your daughters past- for all the nhs people knew, you two didn't speak and your private information has been given to your sister. not to mention this third party. is t6his something that the other family might try to use against you? blackmail or some such? i dont know what the illness was so im limited with my thinking but this should be taken care of, your business is indeed your business and should not be allowed to become 'public' knowledge because of somebody who was not in a position to make it so
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#6New Post! Sep 08, 2011 @ 16:26:33
Unless I'm not understanding something correctly; nothing was breached. Your sister gave up the information voluntarily.
Cocksocket.

#7New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 06:57:19
@sTreetAngeL Said

Unless I'm not understanding something correctly; nothing was breached. Your sister gave up the information voluntarily.

The info was sent to complete strangers after.
CXI On February 05, 2013

, Australia
#8New Post! Sep 12, 2011 @ 07:02:57
If you're American... sue 'em
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs