The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Relationships

I m not a conversationalist .all my boyfriends found me boring to talk to.how can

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
JR_Sanford On August 02, 2017

Portland (St. Johns), Oregon
#16New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 16:03:20
@yashi Said

hi everyone,

in all m relationships I have been told that I can't keep any conversation flowing in fun way.though I m caring I have often felt I m boring to my guy.I feel confused what topic to talk on apart from knowing each other.how can I improve or be fun .?pleeeasse Help !!

thanx

Well, talking about what your guy does or how he looks or how he makes you feel are all safe subjects. You are hinting that you are self-conscience and that could be your stumbling block.

Find out what your man is really in to and do some research on the subject so when that subject comes up you'll be able to follow the conversation and perhaps even add your 2¢.

Talking about yourself can be risky unless you talk about your feelings. Let your man know how you feel and maybe he'll understand.

J.R.
LovetheProcess On October 19, 2015

Plymouth, Massachusetts
#17New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 16:11:28
@yashi Said

hi everyone,

in all m relationships I have been told that I can't keep any conversation flowing in fun way.though I m caring I have often felt I m boring to my guy.I feel confused what topic to talk on apart from knowing each other.how can I improve or be fun .?pleeeasse Help !!

thanx

First you must enjoy yourself, get happy and let go of these concerns. When you are feeling better in general you may go back to thinking about conversation but rather then see the reality you just explained see yourself engaged in delicious conversation, notice how everyone is enjoying it. If you again notice you are thinking ever that people do not enjoy your conversation just stop thinking. I find it easiest to interrupt negative thought by listening to the note of ohm in my head. You don't have to finish a negative thought and I believe that if you do this long enough and with enough self love you will find the new truth, people love talking to you!
sTreetAngeL On January 24, 2022
root tedt ree

in a paradox,
#18New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 16:54:07
@sAeGeSpAeNe Said

You're right, I get a big kick out of it, especially when I have to let the imagination wander....

Now, as for the OP, I saw where she also was calling into question the domestic duties and/or customs of a husband within a household, suggesting that the acquisition of the male mate would only increase the workload of the female in the relationship. Perhaps the very fact that she poses this theory is a reason for her reluctance or inability in carrying on a conversation with a man....

OP: sAeGe makes an EXCELLENT point here!!

Perhaps if you can learn to see yourself as an 'equal' to the guy, rather than subordinate, the converstations might flow easier and more interesting.
And I don't mean concentrate your efforts into making 'him' see you this way, I mean work on making yourself see that this is true.
It will come across to him. Believe this.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs