Transfering songs from iphone to computer

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#1New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 23:39:48
So I had a little windows crash, (and reformatted windows) without realizing I had missed a few albums from when I last backed up my music files. Most of the music lost was from a place that I would have to re-purchase them, and I'd rather not or at least not do so at the full price.

I heard there might be software out there to copy from the phone to the computer. Has any one got any experience with these? good or bad?

Most of these cost less that what replacing the music would cost, so it would be a win, and be helpful if I do this again.

Also does it remember your ratings? that's the part that annoys me the most having to re-do.
sister_of_mercy On March 11, 2015

London, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 05, 2011 @ 23:44:43
I don't know about the iPhone, but I know you can use Mediamonkey to transfer files from iPods to the computer. It might work with the iPhone too.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#3New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 01:50:11
Mostly, I'm scared that with the first sync its going to delete the files on my phone. I can't figure out how to get there on Media monkey with out syncing.

catch-22, or im not understanding.

(otherwise it does look cooler than Itunes)
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 02:04:46
@DiscordTiger Said

Mostly, I'm scared that with the first sync its going to delete the files on my phone. I can't figure out how to get there on Media monkey with out syncing.

catch-22, or im not understanding.

(otherwise it does look cooler than Itunes)

I don't think you even need iTunes running to transfer files onto your computer using one of those third party programs, but, if you do, uncheck all syncing options on iTunes before doing any kind of sync or transfer, upon first plug in (click on device in iTunes, then go through all the pages to the right of Summary along top bar).

I never trust outside programs though. Personally, I would just as prefer to buy those albums again.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#5New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 02:19:42
Yeah, most of them work with having itunes uninstalled.

And it's not on the computer I'm working on. I have it on a back up computer, but its about 6 months old, and about 250 songs that are lost.

The one place I usually get more music from, recently changed policy to not allow re-download.
and the amazon stuff is also lost with reformatting windows.
(well except that I *do* have that backed up on a different computer.) So I can get it back, I just have more work involved and have to re-do all the ratings.
floydgirrl On October 08, 2022
Stalkee

Pope's Wine Celler, Holy See (
#6New Post! Sep 06, 2011 @ 03:02:44
So if you lost songs you bought from iTunes, email them and tell them, they'll send them back to you.

2nd there is some software you can buy, the guys at Best Buy can tell you exactly what you need. and that will transfer the songs from the iphone to your computer to back up and you won't lose your songs on your iphone. It is all sort of complicated so please work with someone who can walk you through it. If you want to call me I can walk you through it, if Jay can't help.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs