Politics

Professor Obama Holds Forth on the Mandate

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
hoppy On August 27, 2013

#1New Post! Aug 26, 2011 @ 15:14:01
By David Catron on 8.23.11 @ 6:10AM

One reason the supporters of Obamacare were initially overconfident about its supposed invulnerability to legal challenges was their belief that the man who signed it into law was an expert on the Constitution. This misplaced faith was based on statements Obama himself made during his first presidential campaign. At a 2007 fundraiser, for example, he told his admirers, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution." This claim turned out, of course, to be one of Obama's trademark shadings of the truth. He was never a "professor" as genuine academics use the term. He was, however, a part-time faculty member at the University of Chicago, where he occasionally subjected hapless students to pontifications on the nation's founding document.--More

https://spectator.org/archives/2011/08/23/professor-obama-holds-forth-on#
Deal_With_It On May 24, 2022

Stevens Pass, Washington
#2New Post! Aug 26, 2011 @ 15:21:20
It's not obama care it's obama scare!
Richard142 On February 15, 2015

Greater London, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 26, 2011 @ 15:23:45
@hoppy Said

One reason the supporters of Obamacare were initially overconfident about its supposed invulnerability to legal challenges was their belief that the man who signed it into law was an expert on the Constitution. This misplaced faith was based on statements Obama himself made during his first presidential campaign. At a 2007 fundraiser, for example, he told his admirers, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution." This claim turned out, of course, to be one of Obama's trademark shadings of the truth. He was never a "professor" as genuine academics use the term. He was, however, a part-time faculty member at the University of Chicago, where he occasionally subjected hapless students to pontifications on the nation's founding document.--More
I think you are being a tad too harsh. Almost all the ellected get to be "economic with the truth" even if that the only item they are economic with. Basically I agree with you but I expect your President needs all the friends he can get. A pun on the government alliance in Westminster [England] is to call them the condemns because their economic policies condemn most of us to continuing unemployment or low pay and high taxes [so that inept bankers can be continually bailed out].
shinobinoz On May 28, 2017
Stnd w Standing Rock

Wichita, Kansas
#4New Post! Aug 27, 2011 @ 00:24:57
HereRichard- fixed it for you!
@hoppy Said

Richard: I think you are being a tad too harsh. Almost all the ellected get to be "economic with the truth" even if that the only item they are economic with. Basically I agree with you but I expect your President needs all the friends he can get. A pun on the government alliance in Westminster [England] is to call them the condemns because their economic policies condemn most of us to continuing unemployment or low pay and high taxes [so that inept bankers can be continually bailed out].
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs