Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
boobagins On August 03, 2013
SPICY HOT TAMALES

Astral Weeks, Florida
#1New Post! Aug 25, 2011 @ 01:49:52
Quote:
August 24, 2011 – To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple's brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you

https://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/08/24/steve-jobs-resigns-puts-tim-cooks-name-forward-as-ceo/?section=magazines_fortune

Ahh, what news. I really admire the man and wish him success in all his future roles. He was a great leader, a great CEO, and an overall force of power in the private sector.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#2New Post! Aug 25, 2011 @ 01:56:32
He's still chairman of the board and will continue to give creative oversight. He just won't be running the day to day operations anymore, and wasn't anyways for quite some time, with his cancer-induced leaves of absence over the past few years.

There will come a time though when his direct influence will dwindle. At that point, Apple will probably cease to exist as the premier innovator and move on to being just another corporate and commercial superpower. At least that is what experts are saying about this new guy taking over for him as CEO.

In fact, with Google becomming quite powerful themselves, especially after their takeover of Motorola, we may see an intense fight between the two as the decade wears on, much like the fight between Apple and Microsoft in the late 80's and early 90's that saw Microsoft winning before Steve Jobs took over Apple again.
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#3New Post! Aug 25, 2011 @ 01:59:35
Is it because of the AIDS?
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Aug 25, 2011 @ 02:04:29
@thequietman Said

Is it because of the AIDS?

He doesn't have AIDS I don't think. Pancreatic cancer.
thequietman On August 29, 2018
Scapegrace

Rusty Bullet Hole, Washington
#5New Post! Aug 25, 2011 @ 02:06:13
@Leon Said

He doesn't have AIDS I don't think. Pancreatic cancer.

Oh so he has the same thing Patrick Swayze had: AIDS
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#6New Post! Aug 25, 2011 @ 02:10:02
@thequietman Said

Oh so he has the same thing Patrick Swayze had: AIDS

Lol, not sure I follow. Indeed, Patrick Swayze had pancreatic cancer. Don't know where you're getting this AIDS thing. And, in actuality, I think Steve Jobs had a different form of pancreatic cancer.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs